Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Some of you may know I’ve wanted my ears pierced for a while now but held off because of seeing family over the holidays and not wanting to have that discussion. Well now the holidays are past so yesterday I went to a local head shop where they do piercings. It was a popular place and had lots of good reviews so I showed up there before the doors opened to beat the crowd. There was already three young girls ahead of me so I got in line and waited. I felt out of place among those twenty something females but was determined. I never saw anyone near my age while I was there and some of the shoppers gave me a questioning look but no one said a word. I’m sure they don’t see many old men like me there getting piercings.

After the store opened I filled out some paperwork, paid, and waited. I was so excited to be there. When it came my turn the piercer was a girl in her thirties and was very professional and very nice explaining everything and answering my questions. The entire process only took about twenty minutes. When finished, I looked in the mirror at my new studs and was so happy to have checked off a bucket list item. I picked out small silver ball studs. I gave the girl a nice tip and will give a good review for the place.

It was kind of surreal since I haven’t been in a head shop since the 60’s and it was interesting seeing all the items they carried. It brought back many memories of trips to Atlanta back in my young hippie days. I bought the wife some of her favorite incense and think I’ll be back there for more incense or who knows even more piercings.

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Congratulations, Michelle!  I’m so happy for you!

Anonymous
        Lady

Thank you Erika. I love them and so looking forward to when I can wear different styles. Being feminine means we have so many choices.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Good for you Michelle, I’ve had my left ear pierced since the mid 70’s, I did it myself. So my wife over the years has always bought me earrings which come in pairs. A good thing because I usually loose one of them, but a year ago she bought me diamond studs which I’m in love with and have worn every day since. Well to get back to getting ears pierced this year she gave me 2 pair of earrings both of which I adore, so I’m thinking of getting a second piercing in my left ear and my right ear pierced. That way I can wear my diamond and another full pair if earrings. Getting close to doing it since on my drive home every day I pass a tattoo shop.

Congratulations,

Sherri

Anonymous
        Lady

Thank you Sherri.

I’m so happy to have finally done this. Its a small step toward expressing my femininity farther along. Sometimes we just have to do it and move forward. I can’t wait to wear hoops, huggies, and dangles… the selection is endless. The first suggestion my piercer offered was diamond studs but being my first time I wanted something less attracting until I could get used to this. I’m already thinking of maybe more ear piercing but we will see after the healing period.

You mentioned a tattoo shop. Here in this state a tattoo shop can’t do piercings and vice versa. I’m not sure why that is. You should go for it then you can wear a complete set of earrings. I hope my wife will buy me earrings.

Congratulations Michelle!

Alice

Anonymous
        Lady

Thank you Alice. One more step expressing my femininity.

Well done Michelle, that’s one of the things on my list to get my ears pierced, I’ve seen pictures of some girls who have 3 or 4 piercing in one ear it looks fabulous, to have 2 or 3 studs and a earring in one ear would be so sexy,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Anonymous
        Lady

Thanks Rozalyn. Yes I’ve admired those girls with multiple earrings, they look so feminine and sexy. I’m afraid I’ve unleashed something within me and already thinking of more ear piercings. Can’t wait until the healing time is past.

I’ve seen a guy on the TV with pierced ears so i might mention it to my wife maybe i should have my ears pierced and see what her reaction is, you never know she might be up for it X

Hugs X

AWESOME!!!! You go girl, next you’ll want to do 2 in each like I did but now I want 3 in each heeheehee!!!

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Michelle. Yep, I already want more lol. How many can one get in an ear? With my big ears it could be a lot.

Hahahaha!!!1 I don’t know how many but 3 each is enough for me honey lol

Congratulations Michelle! What a wonderful way to start the new year.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Michelle. Yes, its going to be a great year for sure.

going back to my hippie days, we did out own and just swabbed them daily with peroxide. of course they grew in over the years so I had them done again but put a small hoop in right away and rinsed with peroxide nightly rotating the hoop regularly.  No idea why they would want you to wait so long.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Jill.

I’ve wanted pierced ears ever since hippie days but never could because of work and family. Now retired I’m expressing my feminine self that has quietly (mostly) been waiting for this time of my life where I just don’t care what others think. Yes I could have gone with something else besides small studs but wanted to get used to them before going to something nicer and more obvious. I’m making a wish list on Amazon and starting to buy pretty earrings for the coming day I can wear them. I don’t want to risk an infection so following the pirecers instructions being patient. I’m already thinking of getting more ear piercings.

Congrats Michelle!, your only issue now will be having patience while the new holes heal.
      I was able to change to small hoops and drop earrings after five months, so mark the day on your calendar girl!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Lauren.

Wow five months? I hope its faster than that. I’m already shopping for more earrings.

Hi Michelle

Congratulations on crossing of an item On your bucket list. I wanted my ears pierced for so long but never had the nerve. Than one day I was shopping on “Wish” the Chinese mail site and I saw these self contained devices designed to pierce your ears. And place a stud in, for you. so I ordered two sets and waited.
      when they shoed up I was to nervous to use them at first. But last year around the beginning of December I tried one piercer out. I washed my ears, wiped them down with peroxide.
      At first it was hard to do, but I squeezed the plunger down and heard two clicks. Presto my stud was in place and my ear was pierced. I pierced my other ear shortly after around the second week in January I was able to take my stud out and put other ear rings in. Enjoy your newly pierced ears Michelle

LesLee

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Leslee.

You were very brave to pierce your own ears. Good for you dear. Having pierced ears makes me feel so feminine and I can’t wait until I can wear nice earrings.

Congrats Michelle. Wear those silver balls with pride now and get those faux diamond studs to wear as well. You will be surprised at how often you will find yourself wearing them. More piercings are sure to follow. It is so nice that now you can wear big hoops or dangling earrings without the worry of losing them. This time next year you will have more than a dozen pairs and be feeling even more girlie.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Deborah.

Thank you dear. At this time I can’t even imagine not wearing earrings. Yes for sure I’ll have many pairs by this time next year. I’m afraid it may become a new obsession but I don’t mind. The selection is endless. Hoops and dangles… yea!

I know first hand how piercings can become an obsession. When I was 19, I got my first piercing on my lip.. and then proceeded to get 20+ more over the years lol. I’ve worked my way back down to just 9 now 😅 I will warn you that if you start to get up into the cartilage of your ears it’s going to hurt a lot more. I got an industrial bar in my right ear(also when I was 19) and to this day remains the most painful piercing I ever got… And that’s saying something considering where my current piercings are located lol

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Rilee.

Wow 20 piercings seems a lot. Thanks for the warning. I feel sure that I’ll get more ear piercings in the future. You know girls suffer for fashion and ear piercings is one of those areas. I’ve always thought a nose piercing would be the most painful but idk. I can’t even think of that without rubbing my nose.. lol.

haha I don’t know if I would consider an ear piercing as “suffering” for fashion. I got mine pierced with an 8 gauge needle(although the piercer offered to do a hole punch at 0 gauge) and I barely even noticed it. Of course that’s probably pretty easy for me to say considering when I finally got my ears pierced I already had like 14 piercings lol. I’d imagine a nose piercing wouldn’t feel too good either though.. I’ve got my septum pierced and that definitely falls on the list of the more painful piercings I’ve had done. Its not visible in any of my public pictures(only my profile pic) because every time I shave and do my makeup I flip the ring up inside my nose and forget that its there haha

I’ve been contemplating getting a septum for about a year now but I see so many misplaced or crooked that I’m still hesitating. Maybe a nostril ring first.

True my indusrial hurt but the most painful were my nipples. after ten years i can still rmember the pain. If I had it to do over or redo them- no freaking way LOL

I used to have my nipples done too, and I would agree that they were incredibly painful. Not to mention they never quite healed properly. One fell out one night when I was drunk on spring break and that was the end of my nipple piercings 😅 that’s another piercing I wouldn’t revisit

I had my ears pierced just over a year ago at 54. One of the best things I have ever done. I should have done it decades ago! I now have dozens of pairs of earrings, ranging from studs to HUGE hoops and very heavy “danglers”.

The great thing about earrings is they can cost next to nothing, or cost large amounts of money.  I don’t have any expensive ones, but I have a few pairs that look very much like earrings costing many hundreds of pounds…. Glass can shine as bright as diamonds 🙂

Don’t rush the removal of the studs. I’d wait at least 6 weeks, and then take it easy before putting anything heavy in. Let the tunnel through the lobe fully heal and form.

Enjoy earrings…. They really add the final touch and the feel of a heavy pair of earrings swinging in the ears is amazing!

Cerys.

Anonymous
        Lady

Yes Cery it is one of the best things I’ve done to express my fem self. Even though I can’t see the earrings all the time they do make me feel girly just knowing they are there and when seeing in a mirror its a little thrill each time.

I want heavy hoops and dangles and big thin hoops too like I see many women wear. I know there are huggies that can be heavy and look nice on a guy too. So many choices! Making a wish list on Amazon and can’t wait.

That’s wonderful Michelle!

You know, I’ve been meaning to get my ears pierced for quite a while but I never get enough courage to do it.Mostly due to the family thing. I only wear clip earrings.

I’m happy for you, beautiful!

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Alice. I understand the hesitation about getting piercings. I rolled it over and over in my mind thinking about what family and friends would think or say but this was something I’ve wanted for a long time. As I said I waited until after the holidays because I didn’t want to answer a lot of questions and I couldn’t get piercings before because of work but now retired so time to forge ahead. Not sure your age but as you become more mature I hope you can express your fem self more and go through with it. I really enjoy it now.

My first piercing was done back in the 70’s, just a simple star stud (for Texas yall) done at local mall jewelry store. Only lasted about a year (due to career choices I removed it) Fast forward 40 years and still wanting another. So as of today, I have 4 solid gold captive bead rings and an industrial piercing in my ears. Got some looks when I got them and still get them occasionally now. But you know what, nobody cares. My kids and grand kids call me cool. I’m starting to think about changing them out for dangleys. I’m sure I’ll get some looks but I don’t care anymore. Life’s too short to worry about other people.

Anonymous
        Lady

I agree with you Lynda, life is too short and getting shorter for us mature girls every day. Get those dangleys and wear them proudly. I see guys with dangles more and more and of course when dressed dangles are a must for a pretty girl.

My young granddaughter thinks piercings are cool too, her parents not so much… lol

I keep thinking about getting mine pierced but not sure due to family and friends.  I did have my left one pierced back in the 90’s but my wife (met and married after I got the piercing) didn’t care for it so I let it close.  She recently asked me if I thought about getting them pierced when we were at a street fair and looking at jewelry.  I told her I hadn’t but wouldn’t mind getting them pierced.  We discussed it at a later time and she said it would be okay for Suzanne but not for her husband.  I’m okay with that for now and use clip ons which work for me as it doesn’t require any explanation to family and friends (not that it is any of their business).  Maybe I’ll get up the courage to get them done in the future.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Suzanne. I understand about being around family. The thing about piercing is you have to go through a healing period of weeks and weeks before you can take the initial studs out. You would have no choice but to present them to family and friends at some point during that period. Its a case of if you decide to do it then you have to just go for it no matter who sees them or what is said. Heres hoping you find the opportunity and courage to have it done in the future.

Firstly, congratulations, I hope you love them as much as I love mine, which I had done when I was 51. It’s been almost 3 years, and only 1 person has said anything negative to me, and I live in a fairly conservative part of the country. The problem I have experienced with them is I have even less impulse control when it comes to buying earrings than I have with buying shoes, which is pretty much none.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hello Jasmine and thank you. I’ve only had mine about a week and although no comments I’ve noticed some people I see on a regular basis are checking my ears out. This is a conservative area but I’m a big guy so I doubt anyone will say anything good or negative. I don’t care and beginning to get excited about owning many more earrings. Impulse control? Whats that…. lol.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?