• This topic has 34 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies…

Typical wonderful Saturday night on TV…if you have an IQ under 11 that is…..

Set the scene….grace is in her black babydoll..it has pink ribbons…long blonde hair and white fluffy slipper boots….the curtains drawn, quite dark…I have one of those projectors that puts different coloured shafts of light and clouds all over the ceiling and walls, and I have Yankee candles going ( cinnamon )…and red wine….just shut out the world!!!!

On my 42 inch flat screen I have ” Pulse”…the concert by Pink Floyd at Earls Court…omg, it’s good…(if you haven’t seen it…you have to Google ” comfortably numb”)…

there’s so much talk of depression, including mine but here’s another ” fightback”….

It’s my release….playing air guitar with Dave gilmour and drumming with nick mason….tinkling the keyboard with Richard Wright…….

One thing is certain…the Floyd never played to a more unusual but appreciative audience…haha

I feel so good, and it’s another anti depressant I didn’t have to swallow….my pressure valve release!!!

Just thought I would let you know…if anyone else is as mad as me??? and wants to own up..

.please tell !!!…maybe it’s not just me…got to go now…part two is starting….ENCORE!!!!!

Grace starlet xxx

I love Pink Floyd, and saw the Pulse tour in Denver in 1994.  Incredible show!  Glad you had a good evening of music!!

Hi Gorgeous Grace,

Indeed Pink Floyd is an awesome band.  Back a few decades ago they played “The Wall” in Montreal.  Well worth the ticket price.

Alice

Anonymous

Sounds great Grace and I’d love to  join you except you only have a 42″ TV and mine is a 49 ” TV. Sorry but I won’t be there. It sounds great though.

Kathleen

Thanks Grace;

Your post bring back many memories of seeing them 3 times in the 80’s. Unfortunately I wasnt able to see them with Roger Waters. The best part was we camped out for 6 days to buy tickets and had front row seats. Your post gave me the chills that I always get when I think of or someone brings up something that makes me think of those shows.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Anonymous

Amelia….the best thing about going to these concerts is obviously being there, but also the wonderful warm memories we get to keep…..good times!!!!

Grace x

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, Well I did visualize your description.  Very nice indeed.

And speaking of Pink Floyd, I will definitely google your suggestion.  Thank You.  The Dark Side of the Moon is on my list of the greatest albums of all time.  I have it as a top pick on my Spotify list. I think I still have a cassette version of the album in my box of cassettes. Of course as a Compact Disc and now the e-version.

In terms of instruments, I have a Strat guitar, a drum kit and a piano (plus an acoustic guitar, another cheap electric guitar, and an accordion) No air instruments for me.  You are welcome to drop by and join the band.

You didn’t mention it but I assume a glass of JD?  I think I’ll open a red wine tonight to go along with the stuffed peppers I’ve made, perhaps a Malbec. My wife adores the stuffed peppers I make; they are pretty darn tasty.

Just got home from my afternoon walk.  We are having a bloody heat wave.  The temp is 5 Celsius.  There are people with shorts.  Not all yet, but a lot of the snow from last week is melting away, Yahoo.  I hope the rest of your evening is splendid. All the Best, Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Well Grace that’s one great way to relax and unwind, (as you know my pink floyd fridge magnet has a new home). Top top band, had the chance to see the pink floyd exhibition in London 2years ago, absolutely brilliant. Finished up watching U2live afterwards at Twickenham, what a fantastic day and memories 

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I was up at that London exhibition too. Wonderful.

I got lucky and first saw them in 1969 at a small students union venue. Tickets were still available ‘on the door’. I can’t remember for sure but I think it was ten shillings (around half a dollar US).

Edit – sorry, I forgot the exchange rate in those days would have made it maybe 2 dollars! )

They’ve done so many great albums since Dark Side of the Moon, but I still enjoy their music prior to that – Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, More …

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti, wow we could have walked right past each out.. Did you have a go on the mixing decks, really mixing the songs, gosh that was fun

Anonymous

We’re talking about the V and A, yes? I did a Saturday I think.

Wouldn’t that have been weird if we were in the same group that was allowed to enter at the same time? I have no memories of mixing desks though. I’ll ask the friends I went up with. I need them to fill in my faulty memories!

There was so much psychedelia and art work and memorabilia to muse at. I remember that at the very end there was a large room to sit on the floor, and experience a bit of a concert recreation, all multimedia stuff. I understood why there were queues, no one wanted to leave that room!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti, yes the V&A and I went up on a Saturday too. Fabulous exhibition each section was dedicated to an album which played as you walked through that section. The mixing deck was in the dark side of the moon section roughly, brilliant you could remix your own version. The merchandise was expensive, but you could get any of their LPS (re-mixed). Brilliant exhibition. 

IsabelB
      Lady

I was watching that too, Grace, very, very loud.  Fabulous music, as all Pink Floyd is.  Now watching the Reel Stories with Dave Grohl.  More great music.

You’re absolutely right about the rest of tv tonight, mostly dire rubbish.  The saving grace is the music (no pun intended!).

Isabel x

It’s wonderful to see so many Pink Floyd fans here. Yes, the Pulse dvd is fantastic. I so want to be one of the girl backup singers. So sexy in their long gowns. The ending with the giant mirror ball is incredible.

Pink Floyd was one of the best bands ever with David Gilmore being the best guitarist to ever bend a wire.

Beth

Hi Gracie,

Thats one concert Id pay to see the Grace version that is I bet it was great.

Hugs Patty

Anonymous

Thanks Patty…..it was sold out, they have asked me to come back…soon!!!.

Haha

Awesome, Grace, you found another stress reliever, lol . And Pink Floyd is and has been my favourite group, since the very early 70’s.
      Excellent choice for a Saturday night
      Cheers
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Love the Floyd. Always have. Saw them at Golden Gate Park in the 80s, not with Roger though. Dave Gilmour is one of my absolute favorite guitarists. One of my prize albums is The Wall (on vinyl, of course). I totally agree that Comfortably Numb is a complete antidepressant, all by itself, which might be weird, when you watch The Wall…

Bridgette

For girls like me who have cut ties with satellite companies, Pulse is available via Roku and the YouTube app.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

In the seventies, Wembley arena, Quadraphonic sound, Plane crashing into the stage Something about a moon, money and it was us or them. It was that great gig in the sky…Just breathe…..    

Great memories of a great band…….

Anonymous

Great memories indeed Angela

Anonymous

Grace – I would have thought you were a Disaster Area groupie (3 points if you can recognise the reference without Googling it…)  Never was into the Floyd, and don’t get me onto Yes, Jethro Tull or Cumbersome, Fake and Trauma (as they were usually known around here.)  King Crimbo – oh, yeah (I’m the original 20th Century Schizoid Girl!) but otherwise… please see my other post about Smokey Robinson, Jackie Wilson, The Temptations etc, etc, etc.  A typical (i.e. crap) BBC Saturday night should be spent listening to something s-m-o-o-o-t-h… unless you’re doing a Grace and downing several Pina Coladas (or getting caught in the rain…)  Anyway:  I’m now going to stay up till dawn – just to see if there is a piper at the gates……  Non-proggie Inga.

Anonymous

Gosh Inga…

There’s a time for sweet soul, and it wasn’t last night….

Each to their own, honey…

I needed to cheer myself up and smile…but I would have dropped off listening to that lot!!…..the idea was to rock n roll….not snooze with the blues… I’ll leave smokey for another time.

that was never a temptation, not even a miracle!!!

Floyd til’ I die,  Scarlett xx

Hi Grace , I almost missed this. We were only about 5 weeks married 1974, my wife is an Edinburgh lass , so We were chauffeured to the usher hall in Edinburgh by her mum and stayed  over as we did on many occasions .From what i recollect  the concert was a heart stopping experience ,but sadly to early for cd’s.” I mean the discs” I  am guilty of allowing there music to slip by me, but this issue will be rectified soon. I am however humbled to have had the privileged  with my Wife about 10 years ago  of being gifted tickets to an evening with “David Gilmour”. My eldest daughter & hubby and my wife and I. The proverbial coal fire in the background  and only about 50 people,& that was about the price of a pint £. Nice music , lots of stories and a very real and genuine  insite into their lifestyles and the hectic pace of life they lived It was a very homely evening, cuddles & kisses for the ladies and a very sincere hand shake for the boys.( we have been over the years to many ,many concerts ) but that evening was quite unique Pyxx

Anonymous

Gosh Py….

an evening with Dave Gilmour…sounds wonderful….thank you for the story xx

Anonymous

PY !

You lucky, lucky girl. How I wish I could have be there too.

I came across this news item just recently – actually as a result of reading this very thread:

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason to stage open garden days in Corsham | This Is Wiltshire

Probably a bit of a trek for you, PY (but Grace – it’s your neck of the woods almost).  I’d like to think he’d be there in person, and give an impromptu concert … but dream shine on, you crazy diamond. I think I might like to go just in case!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Wow !!!!

Anonymous

Grace, you crazy diamond, shine on!

Anonymous

What a great T-shirt….love it xx

Anonymous
      Lady

Pink Floyd has some of the most awesome and blank memories….

1983. Bad motorcycle wreck with burns and a broken back. Dr’s give me valium to help (comfortably) numb the pain. Being young and indestructible I washed it down with Crown Royal after getting out of the hospital. Apparently I listened to Dark Side over and over for about 5 hours. Guys finally called my dad as they were worried.  Flushed the valium the next morning and never took it again. Apparently I had a VERY good time.

1992/93ish. Floyd live at Mile High Stadium in Denver. Had to go without food and sleep in the car to afford it but 3 of us checked that box.

Thanks for the memories Grace.
      🍷🍷🍷C

Anonymous

no Carolyne….so glad you are still with us…..thank you !!! xx

Anonymous
          Lady

I have 2 fused vertebrae in my lower back that ache with the weather but… my back actually hurts less in heels. Take the good with the bad. Could have been much worse.
          🍷C

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well I don’t know if I’m crazy or not! I am into music, but more into romantic classical, which is 19th and into the early 20th century. I play piano, and recently re started playing violin, which I played seriously in my youth. That’s longer ago than I prefer to admit to many!

I get depressed as I have arthritis which limits my playing on both! But I love them anyway.

I’m a bit of a flighty, as I flit from one thing to another, and I have been so much worse since the start of this pandemic, so I don’t concentrate on one thing for all that long before jumping into the next one.

Amy

Anonymous

We saw Roger Waters in Toronto  3 years ago now, fantastic show. They used to say Floyd sounded as good live as they did in studio and Roger lived up to every word of their reputation. His 2 encores Mother [ my favourite] and finally Comfortably Numb. We didn’t have to smoke any weed the kids in front of us took care of that, first time stoned on second hand smoke. The lasers, theatrical performance and of course the music were worth every penny, check another one off the bucket list. Dark side of the moon is still one of my favourite albums, way ahead of it’s time in technical production and a must have in any collection. Think I might to my buddies and pick up some mushrooms and watch the wall tonight. lol just kidding way to old for that. Thanks for a quick trip down memory lane.

Anonymous

Thanks Heather..

brilliant is a very over used word…but it sums this band up…and yes, live they are superb….

Dark side of the Moon is still so very relevant….xx

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?