- April 5, 2021 at 11:07 pm #474240Octavia LongParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 32Replies: 78Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 579 times
I had a pink fog moment and everything showed up this weekend. Two pair of shoes, five dresses, two body suits and only one skirt. All of them were on clearance so I had to. I finally got to try them on tonight. A bit overwhelming and I can wear a size 10. Size 12 still looks good but I want the 10. Just need to work the midsection. The body suits in a 10 do make me look fat and nothing matches.
This weekend I am going out shopping. Hitting the goodwill store first. Probably dressed in drabness, but I will underdress and I might wear my new knee high flat boots if they fit under my jeans.
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 9, 2021 at 6:41 am #475472
- April 8, 2021 at 3:59 pm #475326Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 47Has thanked: 284 timesBeen thanked: 290 times
- April 8, 2021 at 7:55 am #475190Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 581Has thanked: 2515 timesBeen thanked: 2306 times
- April 8, 2021 at 3:46 am #475123AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
Thankfully my pink fog has subdued a little, after ordering 3 skirts, 1 dress, 1 asymmetrical top, corset belt, gloves and a cute necklace… just the waiting game for it to turn up, could be any day now 😬
- April 7, 2021 at 11:09 pm #475072Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 177Has thanked: 629 timesBeen thanked: 892 times
My pink fog struck me quite differently. Since coming out Beth has wanted to get back to some of the things she enjoyed when she was younger. Although I question whether she has matured and aged much!
Anyway, she wanted a Barbie collection again! Do you know how expensive Barbie has become?!!!! So the pink fog enveloped me and we started shopping. I want this one and that one and of course we need Ken. And Skipper. And Chelsea. And Midge. And Ken’s friend. OMG! We’re over $550! Ok, let’s cut this down and shop for some cheaper knock-off dolls.
There are no knock-off Ken dolls so we’re stuck with him but there are dozens of knock-off Barbies and friends. Wound up with a bakers dozen dolls and some outfits for $350 after discounts.
Ok Beth, that’s all the dolls you can have until next Christmas!
- April 7, 2021 at 10:10 pm #475066Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1029Has thanked: 13082 timesBeen thanked: 4059 times
I had a most pleasant surprise on my porch Saturday when I stepped out to check the mail. Two lovely packages addressed for Paula. I couldn’t remember ordering anything recently and all of my previous orders were accounted for, I thought.
Turned out that I was mistaken. Two very pretty and soft Challis blouses, one black and one white, from Torrid, and a new Sundress from Riviera Sun in light gray with Cobalt Blue print highlights in the second package.
Everything fit wonderfully, even wore the sundress out on Sunday ( it was low 80’s F with NO wind) to my sisters. Had to do some digging in my comps history, but found the wine fueled, pink fog evening that I had ordered them a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, pink fog can also induce a little temporary amnesia. Or maybe it was the wine. Oh my, have to start another clinical study to see if I can replicate the cause and effect.
What is a girl to do?
- April 7, 2021 at 5:51 am #474791Jenny Thigh HighLadyRegistered On: August 10, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 233Has thanked: 1169 timesBeen thanked: 1094 times
- April 7, 2021 at 3:54 am #474746Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 142Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
I just got a delivery of panties and bralettes from MeUndies. This is the first time I have ordered from them and the items are super comfortable and cute as can be. I have some items coming from Old Navy, denim skirt 2 bikini bottoms and 2 tops. Right not there are some killer deals on-line at most stores. Also have 4 tops and 1 dress coming from Venus. Yep the fog hits hard and the only way out is to order some new spring clothing.
- April 7, 2021 at 3:45 am #474744Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 876Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 2903 times
Went to the two dollar shop and bought five garments! Even a Calvin Klein silk shirt! Pink fog indeed! Though I had to delete a couple of item I had held online.
Sadly, I’m a pretty big girl… not so fat but 6’1” and 220lbs (old money so it’s approximate) 185 and 97 kgs. Have you ever seen such a shabby selection for larger ladies? I would be ashamed if I was a designer for larger women! I hope they reserve a special place in hell for those that produce such wilful rubbish! In fact, it’s makes me really angry… that women have received such a raw deal if they are larger than a size 10uk.
However, with enough trawling through the rubbish one can find the odd gem. All a matter of having one’s wardrobe in one’s head.
Let’s lift a glass to… the Pink Fog!
Love Polly 💖💕💘💝💞💓🌷🌸🎀💅🏼👙🏩💄🧠👛👚🐷🐽🎟💒🛍🤪
- April 6, 2021 at 8:11 pm #474616Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1283Has thanked: 3685 timesBeen thanked: 3542 times
Congratulations on getting all your things! Hope you do well at the thrift stores too.
So I had my pink fog moment last weekend, when I bought 3 new dresses and a pair of shoes online, then my wife was shopping online at a place we often shop at and added a purple velvet mini dress for me to her order. I still haven’t got the things, perhaps by the end of the week I’ll get something.
My shopping was from Le Chateau a chain store which is going out of business. They sell fairly high and stylish clothes for men and women and I often admired their clothes, but I’d never bought anything from them because even on sale the prices were rather high. Now with things 60-75% off I find them much more affordable.
- April 8, 2021 at 5:46 am #475149Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
- April 8, 2021 at 7:18 pm #475367
- April 7, 2021 at 9:27 pm #475063James BrineLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 78Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
I’ve had my pink fog moments over the last few weeks. Same store. The clothes are beautiful and with the current sale the prices are hard to beat. I have not got everything yet. I’ll likely end up with 3 skirts, 3 dresses, 5 tops, 2 blazers, 2 pants, 2 scarves, 1 blet. I may be missing a few more things. All for under 300 (Canadian). I just need to find the time to wear them all.
- April 6, 2021 at 7:42 pm #474607DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
Oh, that Pink Fog! Last week, I ordered a dress, on sale from Dillard’s; then,later the same day ordered two more. The next day, it was a denim skirt from JC Penney, followed by three more dresses the following day. My closet’s already over-crowded, but they were on sale – and so pretty; how can a girl resist?
- April 7, 2021 at 9:30 pm #475064James BrineLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 78Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
I’m not sure we can. I’m enjoying it very much though. It’s funny because my male me could cares little for a sale. I just get what I need and am done. Now it’s like, oh I need jewellery, make up, shoes. How could I forget shoes. Great times
- April 7, 2021 at 12:33 am #474661Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 5666 times
- April 6, 2021 at 6:22 pm #474561Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 614Has thanked: 3041 timesBeen thanked: 2267 times
Hi Patty, who’s gonna buy them if not us. We’re doing them a favour really.
I do love the feel of new clothes though, especially when you’ve been waiting for it for a while. Sounds like an amazing haul.
- April 6, 2021 at 6:08 pm #474548patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 70Replies: 1313Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 4625 times
- April 6, 2021 at 6:17 pm #474557Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 614Has thanked: 3041 timesBeen thanked: 2267 times
Patty I also love in the pink stuff 24/7. I have developed the super power to over spend, even when only essential shops are open. Fortunately I’m single so no SO to tell me off.
- April 5, 2021 at 11:57 pm #474245Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 5666 times
Love the quote. ” all of them were on clearance, so I had to”….
because I live in a permanent pink fog, everywhere I go there’s always something I like….do we ever stop looking for a bargain???…
I actually think that as girls, we definitely develop the super power of ” reduction detecting”…… so much more than a male can…..
Supergrace…..able to leap tall buildings to whatever floor the sale is on !!!
- April 7, 2021 at 3:47 am #474745
- April 7, 2021 at 7:38 pm #475029
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.