Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

One of the most annoying things about the majority of female clothing is the lack of pockets. I have loads of clothes that don’t have pockets, or even worse those useless and seriously annoying fake pockets. They have a zip, but nothing inside. WHY??????
      I’ve taken to searching out items that have pockets. Whilst, I have a bag, I don’t always want to carry one around. I can understand dresses not having pockets, but skirts and trousers????
      Any clothing designers out there? If so pockets. Please build real pockets into your designs.
      Does anyone share my love of the humble pocket?

Cerys

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Cerys ,

Being in male mode , I can’t do without pockets.
      My left and right pockets are always filled.
      Because a lot of women carry purses , the designers obviously think they don’t have
      to put any in Female garments.
      So I fully agree with you on that !

Love Sylvia.

Debbie Smith
      Significant Other

FYI:  GGs appreciate pockets, too!!

Anonymous
      Lady

GG’s suffer for fashion even forego pockets for that smooth look while the handbag can be HUGE!

Just my opinion, but the last thing I want when attempting to present a female figure, would be bulging pockets, anywhere.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Regine Kelly. Reason: spelling
        Anonymous

Ooeerr…Regi….certain bulges are just not ladylike…totally agree 🤣

Giggles, yes, that one too
          Hugs, Regi👸💖

Anonymous

Hi Cerys,

I wear women’s jeans that look like men’s after just a few wears. Why? Stuffed pockets.

It’s a difficult one for me. Handbags or shoulderbags I can lose, or mislay, or forget, including the keys and money inside. I’ve never yet lost a front pocket in my male jeans which is where valuables have historically lived. I’m not bragging, rather I’m bemoaning my reluctance / inability to let go of pockets.

And long fingernails digging into deep pockets – fatal!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Hello Cerys.

Handbags!!!….they don’t have to be huge, if I am just popping out, I have a really small bag…just enough for keys and cash….

If you put the strap over your head, you cannot leave it or lose it…and the strap hanging between your breasts can really emphasise your figure…..

even in drab, stuffed pockets do nothing for me.

Lots of GG’s are wearing jeans, with a big ” slab” of a phone jammed in the back pocket…looks hideous

I recently bought a new coat on- line…on arrival, the pockets were false!!!….I do think pockets on coats and jackets are important…it was quickly returned….

Huggs, grace xx

For quirky dresses with pockets see https://www.popsyclothing.co.uk they are my SO’s favourite place to shop.

-A.

Anonymous

Got to have somewhere to keep your ready-use Covid facemask! That’s what the ticket pocket in jeans is for. 10/10 for foresight, Mr Strauss…………..

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Pockets in women’s jeans? No way. Someone might ask, “is that a lipstick in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Girls carry hand bags, as a rule. Any pockets are for holding a tissue or something small. Pockets in female clothes are small for that reason and we have to adjust to that mindset. There are quite a few clothes that do have pockets and I tend to look for them and find quite easily. If there are no pockets then I will wear a cardigan that has them and always have a handbag.

Pockets create bulges that mess up the figure, so no pockets for women.

Even as a man, I don’t like carrying things in my pockets as it is usually uncomfortable. I never put my keys there unless I have no choice.

My daughter has the same complaint, and that’s even with pants.  She goes looking for pants with pockets.

I have a couple of skirts and dresses with pockets, but the majority of them don’t have.  If you want something with pockets, just use it as a search term.

When I go out for a walk in the summer, I usually just have a house key, a camera and my phone.  To carry this, I usually use a fanny pack instead of carrying a full size bag.  If I’m going shopping somewhere, I’ll use a full size bag.  In the cooler months, I’ll use a coat pocket.

When I was working exclusively from home at the beginning of the pandemic, I used to feel a bit naked going out with no pockets.  But I have eventually learned to like it.  So much so that I have removed some little used cards from my male wallet to make it smaller, and no longer carry around a change purse.

When I wear women’s jeans as a guy, I have to make some accommodations.  First off, I usually carry my wallet in my front pocket.  Women’s jean pockets s aren’t big enough for that, so I have to put my wallet in my back pocket, which is the same size as a guy’s jean pocket.  When I would carry my phone (or phones, one personal and one for work), I would put it in my pocket vertically (portrait mode).  Women’s jean pockets aren’t deep enough, but fortunately they are wide enough to put in horizontally (landscape mode).

I really wish there could be a mix either in guy or gal mode.  Yes I like having some things in pockets.  But I also appreciate the ability to carry extra stuff (camera, pen and or paper, maybe a second card-only wallet, or keeping an extra mask) in a bag.  I’ve got to the point I’d rather not stuff my pockets, just keep essentials there.

And Cerys, I totally agree with  you on the phony pockets.  If you’re not going to make a pocket (even something small enough for some folded money), don’t waste your time and effort putting in a phony pocket.  To me that’s not style, that’s just stupid.

Men have pockets, women have handbags.

It’s the rule 😉😘😘😘

Love Laura

Anonymous

Laura…..

and it’s a great rule xxx

And how many of us, when we were younger, have given our mothers something and asked, “Can you carry this?”

So she ends up with a handbag stuffed with leaves, pebbles and pine cones 🤣🤣🤣

Hi Cerys

Womens jeans, trousers & skirts tend to be more fitted and the line/silhouette of the item would be spoiled  by the outline of a big pocket or anything contained therein.

Whereas big pockets in most men’s shapeless loose jeans/trousers are barely noticeable.

Great excuse to carry a  👜

I know it is a joy to many women who find big pockets in loose skirts/trousers, I guess one small thing some women miss. So they get dresses, skirts, bodysuits,  lingerie, tights/stockings, heels, knee high boots,  silk, satin, lace, Lycra, leggings, handbags, makeup, jewellery, nail polish, etc etc…and men get…big pockets🤣

❤️Bianca

I wrote elsewhere here that I’ve begun stealth dressing. As of now only in the summer when I work mostly outside. I have several pair of women’s work shorts. I’m fine with the shorter zipper as I sit to pee mostly. But the small pockets even in work shorts is annoying. On one pair the back pockets are fake! Another pair has a hammer loop, I know it’s just for design but how about a deeper pockets form my phone!  I will have to say it’s been fun. I don’t get a chance to fully dress often. So this is the next best thing for me. But please make pockets a little bigger !

💋

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I was told that designers don’t want to ruin the intended lines of their clothes by letting people pack crap into the pockets…. So, blame the fashion industry.

I have a couple of casual skirts with real pockets.

But, mostly I have to carry a purse…

xoxo

Rayna

Barb Wire
      Lady

NO, NO!! If I had pockets I would surely put an handful of junk in each of them! I’ve already got enough bulges on my bloated-body, thank you very much Supreme Being!

I like that uninterrupted and smooth look when femmy. In fact, I get a bit out-of-sorts when I see a wrinkle.

Love, Barb 😊

Zoe
      Lady

Totally get it. I bought a dress recently and was surprised to find it had pockets. It was so sweet.

LOL if my wife read this she would want to reply and definitely not in a happy way.

For gg’s this is definitely a known problem and has a long and storied (even political) history. Suffice it to say that gg’s are as annoyed with the “no pocket” problem as we are.

FM

Women carry purses for a reason. Fashion designers know this and make slimming clothes with no pockets so women can look smoother while carrying all their staff in a fashionable bag.

This seems like a mixed bag (pun intended) forum post. I understand the desire for pockets because in male mode that is what we are used to. Thus pockets are desired because they are familiar and so darn practical. Yes?

I don’t have the opportunity to dress near as often as I would like, so when I can slip into a pair of women’s slim fit jeans, I revel in a heightened sense of femininity (even though I am in pants) precisely because the pockets are only big enough for a quarter or, as in the back rear pocket 1/2 of my phone. Though this positioning seems a bit precarious for something as important as our communication lifeline, I enjoy the look as I have noticed many a women carries her phone this way when she is sans purse. So this half in half out look heightens my femme feelings as does a well tucked flat front at the zipper.

Would I like deeper pockets? I suppose if I was doing more than taking an evening walk in my skinny jeans. Yes that would be convenient. But if I had the opportunity to do more than just the walk, well then I would need a purse wouldn’t I? Oh! I would gladly and proudly carry it for in so doing I would be enjoying a wonderful milestone in my journey into womanhood.

(Oh yes, dreams can come true!)

Kindly,

Charlene

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I don’t get out en femme so I haven’t had a problem with the lack of pockets. I do have a couple of dresses that came with a pocket. I don’t think I could fit much in them though.

In male mode I’m almost always in cargo pants or shorts. Pockets packed!

💕Lara

My suggestion is to find a good fashion designer that does alterations (like the one I have) and have that person customize the clothes you have. And you can always buy the male versions of jeans and pants and have that same person feminize the look of the jeans/pants and you’ll still have the benefit of all the pockets that male bottoms have. Pleading with these name brand female clothing designers is just going to fall on deaf ears sweetie.

I am a pocket lover too. I often sew my own into dresses and skirts. I do not need a large pocket, just enough for my ID, debit card, a few bills, and car keys. Nothing bulky enough to make more bulges than I already have!

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

Also decorative non-functional pockets. Why? You went through the trouble of making a pocket and then rather than stopping you chose to do more work!

My wife laid down the law though. She said, “Baby, I need you to know that if you ever decide to leave the house dressed in cute clothes we need to coordinate and make sure we are not both wearing cute clothes at the same time. One of us has to have the cargo pockets in this relationship at all times.”

I used to be an industrial electrician. Often, when I was an apprentice, I would have my hands in my pockets. This because my gaffer used to say “A good electrician always knows where his hands are”. If they were in my pocktes, I couldn’t go poking fingers in places where they shouldn’t be. 🙂

Cerys

Anonymous

During Naval training I was made to sew my pockets up to keep my hands out of them….lol

Hugs

Wilma.

I once dropped a rather large ring spanner across three phases inside a 600 amp bus bar chamber. A rather bright flash and a woomph noise as the spanner, and parts of the bus bars vapourised!Luckily, I turned away in time. I’d be blind now if I hadn’t. That’ll teach me to work on live bus bar chambers 🙂

Cerys.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?