Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Before you all get upset at the subject, give me a moment to tell you why.
      For the last 2 and half months I have had my nails colored and I love them. For the first month I showed them off to as many people as I could, specially those I thought would be somewhat accepting. Now I’ve had them done again ( different color), for the most part not going out of the way to show them off. I have been hoping to be asked about them while in drab but very few reactions.
      I blame the lgbtq+ community, having pushed the rest of the world into being forced to accept us that to many a fearful of lawsuits or being fired if they say something!!
      I was so hoping my nails would spark some questions to start a conversation.
      . .Sorry if I offended anyone. Cassie

Misty Lynn
      Managing Ambassador

Cassie,

I think that perhaps your anger is misplaced. First, I would like to point you to an article in “The Atlantic” titled “No One Cares”. This is a great article about how others are too busy with their life to be concerned with ours.

Secondly, there are so many people these days who have their nails colored that it easily is not noticed. (I may get one comment per month and mine are always done).

I admit that it is indeed more fun when our efforts are noticed however, noticed by the wrong person at the wrong place in the wrong time could also be miserable.  I’ll take the fitting in and going unnoticed personally.

🤗

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Misty Lynn.
        Barb Wire
        Lady

Excellent article! Thanks, Misty!

:B

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Cassie!

I’m not sure if we’ve met, so “Hi!”.

I suppose you’ve got something here. Like your nails, Darwin started out with 2 different coloured finches and look what he came up with!

Up here in Canada, we’ve recently changed the law to include gender-identity and gender-expression as protected rights. I keep this in my pocket if ever anyone challenges my lifestyle. So far, so good.

Personally, I don’t pass, but I’m trying. So, no comments are good comments! Now that it’s colder in Ontario, I bundle up as feminine as I can, look in the mirror and just shake my head. I’m already “Big”, so any winter clothing makes me look even bigger, like bear prey. And it’s hunting season now!!

My only hope if for society to accept me “as is”. Then maybe I’ll get some compliments. Even here on CDH my last public photo only got one “Like”, so I’m a little gun-shy and sometimes question and agonize if I should even go out.

I think we’re viewed as space aliens. Someone recently made a funny comment on the Public Chat saying something like the public is OK with the green aliens, but are scared of the grey ones! HA HA!! Good one!

Your point is understandable.

Hugs, Barb 👽

(I was intending to “take the day off”, but I love these topics!)

I’m still surprised at how few people comment when seeing me out and about fully femme – and have come to love it.

Being able to go wherever I like, when there’s no way anyone would mistake me for anything but a cross dresser is actually pretty fantastic!!! I even have conversations with people with only the occasional “I like your dress” or suchlike. Usually, it’s a conversation like any other, and people don’t verbally register that they’re talking to a guy in a dress.

The majority of CD related comments, when I get them, tend to be from people who are, let’s say, relaxed through drink!

Love Laura

Barb Wire
        Lady

LOL!! That’s great, Laura!

Reminds me of a joke (perhaps this is a good time for one?)

A fellow in a pub was working his way through a bottle of bourbon. He reached into his breast pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. He looks at it, then puts it back. He does this repeatedly over the course of the evening.

The bartender’s curiosity got the better of him, so he finally asked the fellow, “Hey, Bud, what’s with the piece of paper?”

The fellow says, “Oh, it’s a photo of my wife. When she starts to look good, that’s when I go home.”

Have a great day, Ladies!

😍 Barb

My wife accused me of being a cross dresser and told me to leave the house.

So I packed her things and left.

🤣🤣😋😋

Personally speaking I’ve no time for the LGBTQ++++Community.
      They certainly don’t and never will speak for me.
      If other girls want to associate with them that’s up to them.
      I’m just a white heterosexual male, who loves women and how they dress wising I could dress like them at times x

When I read “LGBT++++ Community”, I simply tend to think of people who live under that umbrella through little choice of their own, and who have been cruelly persecuted for it.

Everyone I’ve met who fits under that umbrella has been overwhelmingly nice, give or take the odd idiot, like anywhere.

I guess there are other ways of seeing it, like some faceless organisation which makes outrageous demands of people who don’t fit the categories, which is how the media seems to represent them.

Like you, I am a heterosexual, white male who happens to love clothing designed for and marketed at women – and I don’t really associate myself with any political group or agenda – but I do like people.

Gay people treat me better than most straight men, so I prefer their company, although the company of women is undoubtedly my favourite!

If I was going to disassociate myself from any societal group and what they seem to stand for, it would be “straight” men…

Just another POV.

Love Laura

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I suppose you could look at that way Cassie. There are many areas where people are fearful to comment on nowadays in case an innocent remark is taken wrongly and vilified for doing so.  So maybe you have a point.

However it also could be the fact that we are so diverse that things such as a man wearing nail polish is just another normal thing. I think it’s called metrosexual?  In days gone by men wearing ear rings or the colour pink was interpreted very differently, now it just doesn’t matter. What’s the saying? ‘You have to be a real man to wear pink’!

I wouldn’t be offended Cassie just accept the joy that you can.

I was a supporter but after watching the last 15 mins. of Dave Chappelle’s ‘The Closer’ and the way Daphne Dorman was treated I can know longer support them. This does not mean I don’t support individuals, just the organization.  As someone who was bullied in school this brings out a rage in me I have not felt in ages.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

BTW If you have not seen this, go to YouTube and type in her name. There are several posts that have streamed the last 15 mins.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi everyone, Cassie again, just an update. I don’t know what it will take at work to get much of a reaction. I have had longer hair for a year and half,hair colored and ears pierced for 15 months, nails colored for 10 weeks. Maybe I’ll have to stop in on my day off complete with a dress,bra and forms and 2 inch boots. Oh, and a lite makeup.
      We have had a couple of talks that THERE WILL BE NO DISCRIMINATION due to race, religion, gender or gender identification.. All I want is to share my true self with others.

. . . ..Cassie

Nancy
      Lady

Well, without the efforts of the LGBTQ+ community over the years, we probably would have been fired for showing up to work en femme. I see this as positive progress. Of course, there are good apples and bad apples in any group. But as a whole, I have the utmost love and respect for people in the LGBTQ+ community, and I do consider myself part of that group.

I suspect that co-workers not saying anything probably has more to do with their own awkwardness than fear. People can have a difficult time understanding others who think very differently from how they do. If someone can’t even fathom why a male would dress or adorn their body as a female, they’ll usually just avoid the topic. I think we’ve come a long ways with acceptance, but still have a long way to go as far as normalizing crossdressing, for most people anyway.

Birel

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?