Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was nervous about coming to Portsmouth.

A city well known for the Naval connections, for many hundreds of years, an important strategic asset to the United Kingdom.

When I searched prior to visiting, I could only find one “Gay bar” – but, as it offered a cheap show by any standards, but featuring a Ru Paul contestant – I knew it was too good to pass up.

I thought I would really push the boat out 😋, and chose the Royal Maritime Club to stay in. Since around 1850, this has been a hotel for sailors – and the decor is all ship shape and Bristol fashion.

There was a function on, I discovered, on the second night – which happened to be a 40th anniversary meeting of crew members of HMS Bristol – I mean, talk about apt!

This is a long scene setting, even by my standards, so, if you’re not in for the long haul, I’ll say it now: If you’re looking for a city to go around cross dressed, and you’re in the southern part of the UK, go to Portsmouth – you’ll love it.

So, Laura, what were you wearing, I hear you scream!

I chose some lovely tight jeans, a turquoise t-shirt and soft black jumper, teamed with gleaming white trainers and my most loved long blonde wig.

Of course, at that point, I had no idea how Portsmouth would react.

I parked in the Harbour car park, in the bright sunshine, as parking is much more limited outside the hotel than the website would have you believe, and wandered around the seafront, looking for coffee.

Luckily, you are spoilt for choice, and, after enjoying the beverage, I decided to walk to the venue – which turned out to be the best part of 15 minutes. There are buses, but I just couldn’t be bothered to save 15 minutes worth of exercise!

A few people looked quizzically at the guy in a blonde wig, quite a few women and children – and a couple of men smiled widely, and, feeling encouraged, I decided to go to the next level.

I checked in at the hotel, which is lovely, in the foyer area, and the staff were super, super nice – but the room was a bit cramped compared to the ones I’d become accustomed to and were sooo stuffy!

I did the quickest, most careful makeup job I could – about 45 minutes, which is not bad for me – and didn’t bother with lip gloss for once. I did like the more natural look!

I chose one of the Nautical flavoured outfits I had assembled – a frilly white blouse, teamed up with a white pencil skirt and nautical striped Sea Salt blazer.

Pink heels to complete the look – and I realised that I was out of black tights, so immediately went shopping for some. I also got some eyelash glue, moisturiser and toothpaste, but no-one in Boots batted an eyelash at the glamorous lady buying toiletries. I felt relaxed and in my environment. Portsmouth didn’t feel mine yet, but it didn’t matter – Portsmouth is quite happy how it is, thank you so much!

I paused many times to take photos as I went around – Portsmouth is a wierd mix of older and very new buildings, with a lot of functional stuff – and that goes for the craft in the Harbour too – the inevitable small sailing boats, fishing boats, ferries, tankers and container ships – and a few warships of different vintages too. I particularly loved HMS Warrior, with its majestic masts and potent funnels, indicating the presence of a powerful marine steam engine.

My first job was making working models of marine steam engines, so this is one of my geek out areas!

Time was slipping away, and I decided that I should have a swim in the hotels’ pool before getting ready to go out to the show – a real next level challenge for me!

How would that work?

Would I upset people, parading around in my pink skirted swimsuit?

Would I upset women in the changing rooms?

Showers???

My data is running low, and I am just getting warmed up – this story should carry a warning, as it gets hot, hot, hot!!!

See you for the next part, my lovelies!

Love Laura

CelesteCD
      Lady

Oooh Laura…can’t wait to hear part 2 (or more)

I am burning the last bytes, and cannot wait to get my latest experiences in digital print!

Love Laura

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Sounds like a good start and can’t wait to hear more – If you were ship shape I wonder what your Bristol fashion was!!

Hi Angela

OMG, the Bristol action was intense!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Hey Laura, good one!

Looking forward to the next post.

You didn’t bump into Pompey Lil did you?

Marti xxx

It’s totally possible, Marti!

Even though I avoided Portsea, and only visited the Isle of Wight and Southsea, I seem to attract all sorts…

But enough of the spoilers!

Love Laura

Barb Wire
      Lady

“HMCS Barb ready to dock in Portsmouth, just straightening out my seams, OVER!”

(Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship).

I’ve been to Portsmouth, around… 1992! I think we may have seen the HMS Victory? We made our way to Southampton where my brother-in-law used to live. He’s now in Yorkshire and has a successful restoration business.

Looking forward to Part II, Laura!

Hugs, Barb 🤗

God bless her and all who sail in her… or is that inappropriate?

I saw Victory and a few other boats – it’s really easy to spend a lot of time there, uncovering historical mysteries, and even joining in the restoration activities – although I guess historical sea craft isn’t the kind of thing your brother-in-law gets involved in?

Love Laura

Barb Wire
          Lady

He mostly works on classic British cars, like MGBs and Jaguars. He currently owns a Mark II 1963 Jag (or is that a 58?) + some others. He’s left the Mark II to my son and another to my daughter. I get nothing! LOL!

He complains in a joking way about the wiring in those cars, but rips it all out and modernizes the wiring, plus adds seatbelts too!

:B

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
          • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
      Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Laura ,

What a great experience , can’t wait for the next part !

Love Sylvia.

I’ll try not to keep you waiting too long Sylia – I see you tremble with antici…

…pation!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Wow…great story Laura…I’m loving your adventures…and I’m getting withdrawal symptoms waiting for the next…bit!!!

Serious question….do forms float ??…if you swim in them, will they drag you down…lying on your back….or face down gurgling???…this could be a  sensational development…

Huggs, grace xx

You girls are determined to drag the spoilers out of me, aren’t you, you little teases!

Suffice to say, Grace, that was another experiment I wanted answers to – and I got answers – oh bouy I got answers!

Love Laura

Hi Laura what a wonderful scene to play out in our heads .. Sounds like it was a wonderful time and cant wait to part 2 .. So happy you were not caught as the wench to help swab the decks with the maties  he he .. hugs girl ..

Stephanie Bass

No swabs for me, me hearty, but I did catch a sight of the cat o’nine tails… made me shudder, so it did!

Love Laura

Trisha
      Duchess

👀

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

How fun, can’t wait for part two.

Hugs, Liara

No waiting required, Liara – I’ve already uploaded all 6 parts!

I hope that you enjoy them!

Love Laura

Aye aye, skipper – splice the mainbrace and haul on the capstan – anchors away, me hearties.

Now pass the grog and we’ll drink to the King!

Love Laura

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?