• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I wear prescription spectacles, eyeglasses, as I’m sure many here do as well.

So I want to get some prescription girly glasses, not pay too much, and ideally do it all online.

Have any of you gone that route?

A quick ‘net search shows many online providers, but it would be better to go with a supplier someone recommends, and stay away from those you don’t.

Candy …………eyesight is too valuable to trust to internet…..go to local optomitrist. Don’t be afraid of buying girly frames…..they get a lot of business from us CD’rs.

Dame Veronica

If you have your prescription, ordering glasses online can actually be quite cost effective! I’ve purchased many pairs from a place called Zenni Optical! When you visit your optician for an eye exam, request a copy of your prescription, with (and this is important!) your PD, or pupillary distance.  Once you have that, its down to finding the pair you like best, and entering your prescription info. It’s set up to be virtually fool-proof. w ( https://www.zennioptical.com/women-glasses )

My step-mother has about 18 pairs from them (to go with different outfits), and my wife and daughters have a few pairs as well. They use nice, quality high-index lenses, they can do bi-focals of all sorts, sun glasses, transition lenses;  it a full-on optical shop, only online. They are super reasonable too. Like, super reasonable.

Go for it!

Anonymous

[quote quote=141488]Candy …………eyesight is too valuable to trust to internet…..go to local optomitrist. Don’t be afraid of buying girly frames…..they get a lot of business from us CD’rs.
      Dame Veronica
      [/quote]

Thanks Ma’am.
      If it helps with your concern, I do have my prescription.

Gillian’s tip on the PD is a good point though.

I think I’ll look into it further – worst case, if they don’t feel right to see through, I won’t use them.
      (I suspect I might have as little as $40 in them by then).

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Candy,  I totally agree with Dame Veronica.  My current pair of glasses were from the women’s section  at the optometrists but are neutral to pass as men’s.  And not so much as a glance was given to me when I chose them.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

[quote quote=141654]Hi Candy, I totally agree with Dame Veronica. My current pair of glasses were from the women’s section at the optometrists but are neutral to pass as men’s. And not so much as a glance was given to me when I chose them.
      Hugs,
      Michelle
      [/quote]

You are convincing me gurlz.
      SpecSavers has a (small) range of $39/$89 glasses – I’ll explore that route as a priority.

Candy,

I too wear glasses, and I just pic my glasses from the optometrist there is usually a men, woman and generic section.  I pic mine so they look feminine enough but come from the men’s or generic section.  This way  have no problem with wearing them with my outfit as male or female.  I have had several compliments on my glasses as a female and all of mine have been picked out by my wife who at the time did not know I was female and afterward when she was aware she helped me find those that looked good as male and female.

I hope you luck in what ever way you do it but it makes it easier with just one pair to worry about where every you go.

Sara Marie

I second Gillian’s suggestion. I fully intend to get my next pair of glasses from Zenni optical. They have a good reputation, and if you have your prescription (and PD) you’ll save a ton of money. Their prices are so low that on the off chance that the product is no good you won’t have lost much. But customer reviews are good, so I expect the glasses are good, too. Plus, you can “try them on” online!

Best of luck!
      Lori 💋

Anonymous

I have gotten about 5 pair from zenni

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?