Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all
      I am wanting to go to Manchester pride this year as penelope, the problem is I am struggling to understand as to whether us girls are accepted as part of the lbgt community. I would be going without my wife (hopefully with a group of us??) I just feel that as someone who has never ventured outside this event could be perfect without fear of being judged, als at the t the same time would attending cause offence ? has anyone got any answers or has anyone ever attended an event? Any advice is needed x

Anonymous

I don’t think being on the other side of the pond changes much of the purpose of the Pride Festival.  My belief is it is universally celebrated.  Go as you are, as you want to be, but mostly be happy.  You will be accepted for being there supporting all people that accept all genders and gender identities!  GO – HAVE FUN!!!!!

Anonymous

You would be accepted! That T in LGBT is a very large T. I’ve been looking for similar events in my neck of the woods.
      Yes there are always a few people who feel driven to the extreme edges who cause problems (the tiny handful of anti-trans protesters at London Pride 2018 for instance) but all the anecdotal evidence points to a great day of being able to be yourself among others doing the same.

Penelope, see if you can get a hotel in the area and go out in the evening and have a blast. Think Napoleon’s is still going, last time I was there was a good accepting crowd in there, will be more so during pride. Think Kiki’s also has a trans night.

Get in touch with Manchester concord and maybe go to one of their socials first, meet a few people and find out what is happening during pride that you would be interested in ahead of time.

Mx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?