Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Harriette
      Lady

Pride Month 2023 will start soon. Do you have any plans or goals for it?

If my wife agrees, I plan on being dressed en femme all day at our parade. There is also an accessory street location open at night, too. It should be a safe, accepting place to try it out and there are about 5 weeks during which I can sort out my presentation.

Samantha R
      Duchess

Thank you Harriette for the challenge. Not sure what, but I will try to think of something.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m volunteering a few hours at a Pride event in June.

/EA

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I will be attending a pride event at a park with a number of fellow CD’s from a group that I belong to.

I would love to attend a pride event.  Are they’re any in the Rockford, IL area?

Harriette
        Lady

You could do a web search or just call your city.

I am unfortunately working during the local parade. Why it is on a Friday I will never know. Might try and hit up Ferndale as I know their pride is the big one around here but it is a drive.

Will probably look around and try and attend a local one or maybe try and get some friends together

It might have to do with avoiding other conflicting or well established event. Open times when facilities are available can also impact timing. Is there an LGBT community calendar for your area?

Erika Bell
      Duchess

I am part of an LGBT group at work, as an “ally” wink wink, and we will have a table up at the event area for the parade weekend and one other event a few days later. Drab unfortunately but will be fun. And will watch parade with my daughter she missed it last year.

Pride parade in Omaha July 15. I am hoping to be dressed and attend. I am sure people I know may be in attendance, but what the hell. Let the chips fall where they may.

Hi Harriette, I live in Crystal Lake which is not too far from Rockford. I was reading this morning about the Woodstock Il. pride fest. Events On Sunday include the annual parade, then there is a festival in the square and the streets around the square. Last year was my first time attending and it is a very well run and inclusive event. Churches in the area also help out with the programs.Hope this helps you out!
      Huggs Abbey

Nancy
      Lady

I absolutely will be attending as many pride events as I can get to. I’ll probably go to some full en femme, but sometimes just my unique combination of feminine and masculine, depending how comfortable I am feeling at the time. I hope to meet up with some of the other LGBTQ and Non-Binary Iowa people at Des Moines pride too!

Nancy

Nancy
      Lady

I won’t get to all these, but here’s what I have on my calendar:

May 27 – Pride on Main in Ames, IA

June 3 – Ottumwa, IA Pride and Sioux City, IA Pride

June 10 – Capital City Pridefest, Des Moines, IA

June 24 – Ankeny, IA Pride and Ft. Dodge, IA Pride

July 8 – Cedar Rapids, IA Pride

September 30 – Ames, IA Pridefest

What area of Iowa are you? I am around Omaha area.

Nancy
          Lady

I’m central Iowa, near Ames.

Are there any groups that meet in that area? I have not found any in this area.

Nancy
            Lady

There is a transgender/non-binary group that occasionally meets out here. I’ve gone a couple times, the guy who runs it is great. But it’s not a regular thing, as far as a support group goes.
            I do chat with LGBTQ and Non-Binary Iowa people online, and plan to meet up with some of them at Capital City Pridefest for sure, hopefully other pride events as well.
            Pride events are a huge support for me. I can go to them expressing myself however I want, and feel like I fit in. I’m not an outsider, I’m just another gender non-conforming person in the LGBTQIA+ community.  People accept my feminine side at pride fest events. I can’t recommend pride fest highly enough, for any CDH girls who have local events they can get to.

Thanks Nancy. I will try and research that in my area to see if I can make a connection over here. Hopefully I can get to Des Moines in the near future and meet some others.

I live in Cathedral City, California which is next door to Palm Springs. Our Pride Weekend is the 1st weekend of November. I’ve been one of the Volunteer Coordinators for the last few years, so I expect to be there!

If anyone would like to help out, let me know!!

I’ll be in the Milwaukee Pride Parade with friends.   Marg

Julie
      Lady

I’ll support pride month when June comes. Cause there’s no local events near me usually.

One of the things that is a priority for the guy who leads The Greater Palm Springs Pride organization is that it is still one of the largest free to enter Prides in the country. That means all of the entertainment is free as well as access to all of the vendors.

I forgot to mention that Cathedral City has been doing LGBT Days for a number of years. When it was the last weekend in March it was the first Pride of the year. This year it was the first weekend in March with the thought of possibly having a bit cooler weather.

Over the years, entertainers have included Martha Wash, Ultra Nate, Leslie Jordan, Lady Bunny, The Old Gays, Lance Bass, Del Shores and cast members from Sordid Lives. Plus, there is always the Bed Race and Bed Race Parade! I was a judge for the Bed Race Parade this year.

My local CD/TG support group is having a special Drag Karaoke event on June 2nd at the church where we hold our meetings. My work schedule hasn’t allowed me to attend a meeting since autumn 2021; hopefully I’ll be able to go.

There’s also two Pride parades, one on June 3rd and one on the 24th. I feel that it will be more difficult to attend those; as they are during the day and on Saturdays and I most likely won’t be able to get out of the house since my wife will be around.

I went last year to the parade and to a club event but I am not sure about this year.

Pride 2023 here is saying that insurance costs have soared as well as police service costs so they will have to cut back on the events.

Also sad but there is so much hate out there and I am concerned about my safety and may just skip the parties and go to the parade.

Alanna

Harriette
        Lady

Sorry to hear that, Alanna. We have a big parade here with lots of sponsors, so it should be good, now, after the COVID lull.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?