Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nancy
      Lady

Capital City Pride in Des Moines, IA has their schedule of pride events out, with something every day throughout June. I kind of wish there were descriptions, or some way for me to judge how crossdresser-friendly each would be. I’d love to dress up, yet blend into the crowd. They are intentionally trying to make the events smaller and spread out this year, vs. one huge event like usual.

Any other Iowans, or nearby, thinking of venturing out to Pride?

https://www.dsmpride.org/pride-events

Birel

Anonymous

I would love to go! I have been to Waterloo Pridefest and I thought everyone was pretty open and accepting to each other. I did not dress but have been thinking I would like to dress one of these times. It would be so great to walk around with little fear of what might happen

Nancy
        Lady

Erica,

There are a number of us here in Iowa, maybe we could try to meet. I’m not sure what to expect with the events all being on different days, in different places this year. Part of me would be more comfortable with a bit of a crowd to blend in with, where another part of me still wants to avoid people out of fear. I’m pretty sure the parade will be a big event with a very diverse group of people there. The other events, I’m just not sure. I know the pet parade had a huge crowd two years ago as well, but I don’t know if there would have been so many people if it were the only thing going on.

Of course, if I’m really going to go out dressed, I better start building up my courage to do so now. I don’t pass, and assume I never will, so the most I’ve gone out yet, is to hiking trails in short shorts or leggings. I would love to push that to a new level at Pridefest though.

I’ve never been to Waterloo Pridefest, how is it?

Birel

I’m going to keep that in mind Birel.  I’ll let you know as it gets a little closer to the date.

Clara

Lucy Lynn
      Lady

Hi everyone!  I am from Ames. I have really thought about going to Pridefest myself. But to go by myself is no fun. If anyone here in Iowa would like to go let me know. See if our schedules can work !

On a different note if anyone in Iowa would like to have a girls’ night I would be interested. Maybe start our own little Iowa group for support and advice!

Lucy

I can’t open the link (says it is private?)

I’m not too far away from Des Moines.  Some good craft beer there.  Would love to meet up with a few of us ladies all dressed up.  Maybe a nice brunch with some brewery visits afterwards on a weekend, if we cannot find something that works with Pride Fest.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?