• Creator
    Topic
    Kerri Smith
    Participant
    Registered On: April 22, 2022
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 82

I have to admit my makeup skills aren’t all that great.  I would love to get a makeover from someone who really has good makeup skills.  How many of you ladies have had makeovers?  If you got it from a gg, how did she treat you?  Is it a shock for a cd to get a makeover from a gg?  Maybe for Halloween I could get one.

Kerri

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Lara Tucker
      Lady
      Registered On: September 29, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 945

This is something I have thought about often, maybe I could get away with it on Halloween?
      -Chicken closet girl

Terri Johnson
      Lady
      Registered On: April 28, 2018
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 37

I “highly” recommend it!!! I have quite a few, from gg’s, trans, and gay makeup artists and had no problems at all. I always make contact first and am very up front about my interests and situation. I have had a few people say no – usually for reasons that have nothing to do with any personal opposition (already booked, etc.), but I move on unless they “express” a desire for me to try again. I love it because they are professionals and have ideas, skills, and experience, I will never be able to match. Good luck in finding someone – hope you have a great time.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Jenny Jones
      Lady
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Replies: 205

I’ve heard good things about Ulta and have been in there to get makeup often enough and have gotten help in having my shade picked out. But I also live close to Janet’s Closet so I will probably go there if I ever truly decide to bite the bullet on a professional makeover which I do wanna do.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: September 1, 2021
        Topics: 0
        Replies: 130

Jenny, Go Go to Janets Closet, they are great!! I have had 2 makeovers and photoshoots there and loved every moment. If I am near Detroit I will have to go again.
        Lynda

Amy Catrelle
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2022
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 203

I’m very much the timid closeted CD but I would love to pluck up the nerve to get a proper makeover. I remember thinking about it when I was 18 and living in North London! Why oh why didn’t I do it then…?

Amy Procrastinationismymiddlename Catrelle x

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Samantha Loss
      Lady
      Registered On: July 6, 2022
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 2

I would too

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 119
      Replies: 1057

As one of the more ahem…(mature…) CDH members I can say that I have had many professional makeovers in cities as far apart as London and Manchester, Toronto, Perth Western Australia, Sydney and of course here in Melbourne, where I live.

My (long retired), job  involved lots of travel so, early days were at dressing services in the UK and Sydney and the one in Toronto at Walk on the Wildside, where you have it all done in a barbers chair…. Very different…

The latter day events here at home have been via two or three professional make up artists, two of which I now regards as good friends with again one of those ladies “doing my hair”, (aka wash and set my wigs) ,on a regular basis. Latter days here in “OZ”,they usually take place either at the “MUA”S” home or at a rented self contained apartment chain

For me, there has been nothing quite like turning a grizzly old male into a very feminine looking woman, not to mention the fact that I find having my make up and hair done is one of the most relaxing things I have ever experienced….

Circa half of the photos in my CDH public profile would have been taken at a professional makeover. The ones that are not are easy to spot, cos its me that did the make up….

Feel free to browse

Caty.

Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: June 23, 2022
      Replies: 105

I’ve gotten a professional makeover.  I had it done at a shop that does not exclusively serve CD and TG customers, but does caters to us.  It was a wonderful experience.  The cosmetologist treated me like any other lady and did a beautiful job.  Before that makeover, my makeup palette was made up of dark colors (various shades of red lipstick, and blue and gray eyeshadow).  The young lady asked if she could try lighter colors on me.  I let her do what she thought was best.  She used various shades of pink on my lips, eyes and cheeks.  To say I was impressed is an understatement.  I have since added lighter, brighter colors to my makeup palette.

Susan Talbot
      Lady
      Registered On: June 28, 2022
      Replies: 152

Hi. My fiancée has done 3 total makeovers, lashes, nails etc.

I will be on vacation in MN in a few weeks so I booked with Rebecca at LaFemme to do a photo shoot.  I can’t wait to go.

Have a great weekend.

Susan

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Jasmine Bailey
        Lady
        Registered On: June 10, 2022
        Replies: 14

Would love to hear about your experience at la femme, I have been looking at booking a session ❤️

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1087

You do not need to look out for a makeup artist that deals with CD/TG. I believe that most artists whether small salon or big outlet has any issue working on CD/TG. Just look online ,contact the salon that you may feel comfortable to go to, explain your requirements and I am sure you will get the service you need.

Diane Marie Rakers
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 1085

Hey Kerri,

I see you live in Illinois. Would be willing to take a short trip to Las Vegas?

A cis lady by the name of Amy Lamb owns Just You. She specializes in CD/TG makeovers.

I haven’t been(yet), but it looks terrific. Check out her website.

Good luck girl!

Diane

Carole Corbett
        Ambassador
        Registered On: September 5, 2016
        Replies: 113

Amy is wonderful.  Had her do one at Keystone. She’s amazing

Barbie Satin
      Registered On: May 15, 2022
      Replies: 193

I had dozens of them. Just call around to salons in any major city and ask if they have a makeup artist on staff who will work with CD’s. I was lucky enough to have the world’s greatest makeup artist as my best friend. Mr Greg Malone formerly of Baltimore.

Katherine Leigh
      Lady
      Registered On: February 19, 2021
      Replies: 30

I’ve had three full makeovers, all with Elizabeth Taylor, who is currently located in Tacoma Park, MD. Each time, the experience was sheer delight. Beth is very skilled and made me feel both attractive and feminine.

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Carole Corbett
        Ambassador
        Registered On: September 5, 2016
        Replies: 113

I concur with how good Elizabeth is…my favorite pictures are from her.  Very skilled, wonderful person, huge friend of our community she’s wonderful.   By the way just there and my wife and I got lessons !

carole

Katherine Leigh
      Lady
      Registered On: February 19, 2021
      Replies: 30

I’ve had three full makeovers, all with Beth Taylor, who is currently located in Tacoma Park, MD. Each time, the experience was delightful beyond words. Beth is an absolute magician and can make anyone look and feel truly feminine.

Misty Anne
        Lady
        Registered On: July 28, 2018
        Replies: 6

I second Elizabeth Taylor. I’ve had four makeover from her and each time it just gets better. She is so down to earth and get you feeling so girly.

Jenn Curious
      Lady
      Registered On: April 12, 2022
      Replies: 7

I would love to have a makeover someday. Perhaps combined with a spa weekend or something.

Missy Wellington
        Duchess
        Registered On: April 2, 2022
        Replies: 24

Mee too.  – Missy

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.