• This topic has 43 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have to admit my makeup skills aren’t all that great.  I would love to get a makeover from someone who really has good makeup skills.  How many of you ladies have had makeovers?  If you got it from a gg, how did she treat you?  Is it a shock for a cd to get a makeover from a gg?  Maybe for Halloween I could get one.

Kerri

I would love to have a makeover someday. Perhaps combined with a spa weekend or something.

Mee too.  – Missy

I’d love to help you with a makeover! I’m a gg with 40 years in the beauty business and my passion is helping others look and feel more beautiful! I live in Texas but I can work virtually as well. Hope you reach out. Hugs, Lisa

I’ve had three full makeovers, all with Beth Taylor, who is currently located in Tacoma Park, MD. Each time, the experience was delightful beyond words. Beth is an absolute magician and can make anyone look and feel truly feminine.

I second Elizabeth Taylor. I’ve had four makeover from her and each time it just gets better. She is so down to earth and get you feeling so girly.

I’ve had three full makeovers, all with Elizabeth Taylor, who is currently located in Tacoma Park, MD. Each time, the experience was sheer delight. Beth is very skilled and made me feel both attractive and feminine.

I concur with how good Elizabeth is…my favorite pictures are from her.  Very skilled, wonderful person, huge friend of our community she’s wonderful.   By the way just there and my wife and I got lessons !

carole

I had dozens of them. Just call around to salons in any major city and ask if they have a makeup artist on staff who will work with CD’s. I was lucky enough to have the world’s greatest makeup artist as my best friend. Mr Greg Malone formerly of Baltimore.

Hey Kerri,

I see you live in Illinois. Would be willing to take a short trip to Las Vegas?

A cis lady by the name of Amy Lamb owns Just You. She specializes in CD/TG makeovers.

I haven’t been(yet), but it looks terrific. Check out her website.

Good luck girl!

Diane

Amy is wonderful.  Had her do one at Keystone. She’s amazing

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You do not need to look out for a makeup artist that deals with CD/TG. I believe that most artists whether small salon or big outlet has any issue working on CD/TG. Just look online ,contact the salon that you may feel comfortable to go to, explain your requirements and I am sure you will get the service you need.

Hi. My fiancée has done 3 total makeovers, lashes, nails etc.

I will be on vacation in MN in a few weeks so I booked with Rebecca at LaFemme to do a photo shoot.  I can’t wait to go.

Have a great weekend.

Susan

Would love to hear about your experience at la femme, I have been looking at booking a session ❤️

Anonymous

I’ve gotten a professional makeover.  I had it done at a shop that does not exclusively serve CD and TG customers, but does caters to us.  It was a wonderful experience.  The cosmetologist treated me like any other lady and did a beautiful job.  Before that makeover, my makeup palette was made up of dark colors (various shades of red lipstick, and blue and gray eyeshadow).  The young lady asked if she could try lighter colors on me.  I let her do what she thought was best.  She used various shades of pink on my lips, eyes and cheeks.  To say I was impressed is an understatement.  I have since added lighter, brighter colors to my makeup palette.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

As one of the more ahem…(mature…) CDH members I can say that I have had many professional makeovers in cities as far apart as London and Manchester, Toronto, Perth Western Australia, Sydney and of course here in Melbourne, where I live.

My (long retired), job  involved lots of travel so, early days were at dressing services in the UK and Sydney and the one in Toronto at Walk on the Wildside, where you have it all done in a barbers chair…. Very different…

The latter day events here at home have been via two or three professional make up artists, two of which I now regards as good friends with again one of those ladies “doing my hair”, (aka wash and set my wigs) ,on a regular basis. Latter days here in “OZ”,they usually take place either at the “MUA”S” home or at a rented self contained apartment chain

For me, there has been nothing quite like turning a grizzly old male into a very feminine looking woman, not to mention the fact that I find having my make up and hair done is one of the most relaxing things I have ever experienced….

Circa half of the photos in my CDH public profile would have been taken at a professional makeover. The ones that are not are easy to spot, cos its me that did the make up….

Feel free to browse

Caty.

Anonymous

Early on in my CD career I went through a huge hassle on one of my free days in TO allowed by my then spouse getting to Wildside. I found their shop cluttered and more geared towards “drag” than classy, classic looks. The famous barber chair makeover space was equally cluttered and looked unsanitary. So I balked and walked out to a TO parking ticket.

I do hope they have changed

I think I had my first makeover at wild side a long long time ago and they were great.  Time has taken its toll with them and agree that they are not as good as they used to be.  There are so many limited people that do this that if there is no one to take over them they typically decline in quality or just close.

Anonymous

I would too

I’m very much the timid closeted CD but I would love to pluck up the nerve to get a proper makeover. I remember thinking about it when I was 18 and living in North London! Why oh why didn’t I do it then…?

Amy Procrastinationismymiddlename Catrelle x

I’ve heard good things about Ulta and have been in there to get makeup often enough and have gotten help in having my shade picked out. But I also live close to Janet’s Closet so I will probably go there if I ever truly decide to bite the bullet on a professional makeover which I do wanna do.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Jenny, Go Go to Janets Closet, they are great!! I have had 2 makeovers and photoshoots there and loved every moment. If I am near Detroit I will have to go again.
        Lynda

I have gotten makeovers at Ulta and Sephora.   I made an appointment online both times and went in early on a weekday.  Once in drab and once dressed.  They were very supportive.  Give it a go!

I have been to Janet’s for a makeover last fall when I was up there.  It was great.  There is ample parking and a side door for the entrance so you are not entering in from Fort St.  It’s a good store.  I also got a few things to bring home.

I “highly” recommend it!!! I have quite a few, from gg’s, trans, and gay makeup artists and had no problems at all. I always make contact first and am very up front about my interests and situation. I have had a few people say no – usually for reasons that have nothing to do with any personal opposition (already booked, etc.), but I move on unless they “express” a desire for me to try again. I love it because they are professionals and have ideas, skills, and experience, I will never be able to match. Good luck in finding someone – hope you have a great time.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

This is something I have thought about often, maybe I could get away with it on Halloween?
      -Chicken closet girl

Steph
      Lady

Hi Kerry!

I have done several different types of makeovers, I progressed slightly each time.

First, I did one specializing in CD/trans that was run by a trans woman. She booked a hotel room and had everything ready for when you arrive. I liked that it was isolated to the room and I removed everything before leaving. She had the option of going out on the town with her, but I was too timid.

The next time, it was another trans woman specializing in CD/trans. This time, it was at a place she ran for CD/trans clientele. I did one in shop and hung out for about an hour in the lounge, then removed it all. However, I did a second one that I scheduled for the end of her day and she agreed to drive me back to my hotel. There was a side entry to the hotel right near the elevator, luckily didn’t see any other guests.

Next, I contacted a company that did travel makeovers. I contacted them and let them know I was male, and they were fine with that. They sent a gg to my room. I’ve used similar services like that a few times. Again, I liked the seclusion of my room.

I’ll give some slight backstory for the next one, even though this post is already too long. I regularly get pedicures with color, and I’ve done a few manicures with color too. The last time I got a mani/pedi, it was in the salon of the hotel I was staying at. I saw the makeup stations while I was there, and considered asking to add a makeover, but was too nervous. I went back to my room that night and was on their booking site and went ahead and did it! It was “lashes and liner” only, but it was something. I panicked and went in to cancel. It was within 24 hours and I couldn’t! I considered just paying for the appointment and canceling anyway. The next day…I just went for it. I took sunglasses and put them on right after leaving. I think she did way too much liner on the lower lid, so I looked ridiculous while walking through the salon in full male mode and paying, but no one said anything. I considered leaving the false lashes on that night, but had to remove the liner and they came off by accident. Oh well.

I have a full makeover planned for next time I’m there. Four, actually! Each day, I’m doing it. It’ll be a great vacation! I plan to do lashes, but the rest subtle, and I plan to spend a few hours on the town in it each time. We’ll see if I keep it on or not. Either way, I’ll be getting full makeovers in the middle of the salon. Fully male mode, except the sculpted nails I’ll be getting there too!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Steph.
      Anonymous

The very best makeover I have ever had was at the MAC counter at Nordstom’s here in Ottawa. That’s the picture on my picrture on my profile. I had just had my blonde re done with a really great blowout and was dressed fairly femme. It was on a Monday night and there really weren’t many people about. All the same I made sure we used a station facing away from the general public. I asked a CSR who I thought had really lovely classic, classy makeup, and began with a huge compliment. At MAC you have to buy something, so I bought some expensive lashes and away we went. A full hour later there was my true femme self looking back at me and the world in the mirror.

Julie
      Lady

My sister in law gave me a makeover. 1 for Halloween and 1 for a dressing in a fancy dress like your going out. That was one was better. Since it was a regular makeover for me as a women Girlfriend. The other was for a cosplay sweetie.

Anonymous

If you are looking for privacy, both visually and your ability to use your usual voice try kijiji for home based makeup artists. Their ads will show their work. Like any other artist they are proud of their portfolio and will enjoy a sincere compliment in your introduction.  Don’t be shy about it. Most MUA’s have helped out men. They won’t be “on the clock” as much as in a salon. And they won’t be upselling like at MAC or Sephora. If they say no, women only…so what?

For santiary reasons:

Bring photos on your phone or from a magazine…whatever.

Bring your own liners, mascaras and lashes, lipsticks and glosses..

I have had more than a dozen pro makeovers and photoshoots, at a variety of  makeover places that specialize in makeovers for crossdressers. I used to travel for business and would always try to find a makeover place where I was visiting. Phoebe Cross in GA, Elizabeth Taylor in MD, TG Miss in Racine, WI, The Boudoir LA in West Hollywood, Jennifer Barge in Asheville, NC and many more. Sadly, all of the places that I just listed have closed, except Elizabeth Taylor, mostly because of Covid. Makeovers are a lot of fun and the difference pro makeup can make in your appearance can be spectacular. If you have a chance to get pro makeup done, do it (and take lots of pictures!).

We should maintain a list of T-friendly makeover places on here!

Jennifer Lang
      Duchess

Getting makeup lessons from a professional is one of the best investments you can make. I wish I had done it way earlier. I ended up spending much more trying to learn on my own and buying the wrong products over and over.

With a lesson, you learn the right colors to buy to match your skin and what works for your type of complexion. Also plan on a few follow ups to refine your skills.

I learned so much from Elizabeth Taylor here in the Washington, DC area. She helped with makeup, wig style and wardrobe. My first time in public was after one of her makeovers. I now feel way more confident going out because I feel I won’t stand out because my wig looks bad or my makeup is off.

And the best part is a chance to get your girl side pampered for a day!

If you’re anywhere near Toronto I highly recommend Jamie B at TGCDStyleToronto. She is highly talented and an excellent teacher who provides plenty of recommendations and then a set of detailed instructions for practicing on your own. She is also very personable and outgoing so it’s lovely to spend the afternoon with her. It’s well worth the trip to see her whether you’re nearby or not.

Good luck!

Barbara

I second this recommendation. I got a makeover from Jamie. She came to my hotel and did my makeup. The results were some of the best pictures of me

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Janet Jones. Reason: Added link

I love your makeup but she seems a little pricy at almost $300 just for makeup?

I’ve had makeovers at Transformations by Rori in Chicago several times while attending events with Chicago Gender Society.  Makeovers with Rori and Soto ( her son that unfortunately passed away a couple years ago). Rori is a cis woman and Soto was cd.  Both did wonderful jobs.  Also had makeovers with Scarlett at the Erie Gala. She is a cis woman and also did a wonderful job.  No matter how hard I try I’ll never be able to look as good as when I have a makeover.  Must also give credit to my wife who also has helped with my makeup

I have had many over the years and basically done by ggs. Nothing to be concerned or worried about since you will be treated like a queen. I have enjoyed it so much and used the services when going to a special event. I bring the outfit or dress I will be wearing and let them style accordingly your wig and let them choose the tones of foundations and blush and brows. You will learn a lot and feel so good about yourself

Sarah Car
      Lady

Had my make up done by my wife , she likes to do it as she can try different styles and colour combinations , she talks me through what she is doing so that I van try and do the same when I do it .We are like sisters enjoying a bit of girly time .

Anonymous

I have had several. One with a part time drag performer proved to be a disaster IMHO… I ended up looking like a kabuki doll. The others, done by aestheticians, turned out really well. The best was a guided zoom make up session with a former colleague who was a theatre arts major in college. We had a blast and she taught me a routine I follow to this day.

Joanne V
      Lady

Hi,

It was the best thing I have done with my female self I would strongly recommend to any one to get one they give you tips and advice if it’s combined with a dressing service you quids in. Have a great day.

Joanne.

Nancy
      Lady

I’ve never gotten one, mainly due to money. But, I’ve always wanted to. My makeup skills are not that great, and don’t seem to be improving. So, I think I need the assistance of a professional to take my femme side to the next level. Sounds like a good personal goal for this year! 😉

Nancy

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

I haven’t dressed during 35+ years of marriage but in June I have the opportunity and have booked a 5 hour session with a professional makeover service here in the UK. Can’t tell you how excited I am, although I’ll be nervous and a bit embarrassed after all this time. I’ll let you all know how it goes, although I’m probably not ready to share pictures.

J J
        Lady

I did a make up and dressing session on a visit to London, and had a fabulous time, so enjoy yourself and takes lots of pictures, which, I hope you may some day share. No doubt we would all love to see them. One fro. my session is in my gallery. My advise besides don’t be nervous is to have a glass or two of wine before, or bet yet during you session. I don’t know where you are going, but Zoe at Ms Lola’s in London was great at what she does and helps you feel relaxed.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?