- April 18, 2021 at 5:36 am #479322Haley AnnParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
Rainy Sunday AM here in Tampa, quite the rarity to have a morning like this. I just finished painting my nails for my lunch with an old GG friend so she can meet Haley for the first time. Will be my first daytime outing, and maybe just a little nervous.
But, after thinking about the profile pic FaceApp comments, I decided to post an unaltered image of myself. While my selfie skills could use some work, I am proud of how I look and who I am. And I am not passing judgement on using the app, but for me it takes the courage of looking at my unaltered photo to understand how I present to others. Only until I face the truth about know I look and where Haley fits can I bring the truly important people in my life to a point of awareness as to who I truly am.
Like the song says….ch ch ch changes!
Total of 33 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 19, 2021 at 12:58 am #480967Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
- April 19, 2021 at 4:44 am #480994Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
My weight loss has dramatically changed my looks and facial structure. I always thought I looked like my dad, and I do…but dressed and a pic taken from that angle I look like my mother. And I know that I definitely have her quick to react, quick to volley criticism right back over the net into your face attitude. My emotional transformation is really the thing that amazes me the most.
Thanks for your kind comments! After all, don’t we all just want to look good for ourselves, and maybe somebody else too😉
- April 18, 2021 at 7:37 pm #479597LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
An update: I have heard that the road to hell is paved with good intentions! May be true, maybe not…but my coming out lunch today turned into coffee tomorrow at Panera, which is a far better choice. Smaller place, weekday afternoon, 25 miles from where I live. Mentally I was in, but after last night at a Lao/Thai wedding with my daughter I was a little slow recovering. But, B and I talked for nearly three hours today, and it gave us both a chance to get used to the idea of it…and I believe it painted a broader picture for her as to why this is important to me. I’m sure it will be a fun and enlightening time with her tomorrow, and I promise you that I will be rocking those white size 7 skinny jeans! Maybe tomorrow I can apply my mascara without making myself cry😉
Thanks for the support…Haley😘
- April 18, 2021 at 7:16 pm #479593Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
- April 18, 2021 at 8:14 pm #479601
- April 18, 2021 at 3:32 pm #479544Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1779Has thanked: 20801 timesBeen thanked: 5910 times
- April 18, 2021 at 8:19 am #479400Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 1057 times
- April 18, 2021 at 8:14 am #479395Candice WaymooreLadyRegistered On: April 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 121 timesBeen thanked: 101 times
The most important thing you said was:
”I am proud of how I look and who I am”. Apps and filters and poses will not matter when you are out with your friend. Enjoy yourself! You’re more courageous than I am. You look super-cute too.
- April 18, 2021 at 6:56 am #479360Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
Have fun on your outing. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it out in the light of day. I share your opinion about our pictures but can understand if anyone wants a little tweek. I simply don’t want to take the time to doctor up mine. Too lazy I guess
- April 18, 2021 at 6:45 am #479354Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5587 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Hailey I had to read your post several times to figure out what you are trying to say. If you are asking “Do I look cute enough” the answer is yes go out and have a lovely with your friend I am sure she will say the same thing. I several thoughts about Face apps. I think they are a great way to look at what is today and what are the possibilities for tomorrow. They are fun to play with. Most woman look in the mirror and do not like every thing they see. That is why there is so much make up sold. Billions of dollars are spent by mostly woman and those who identify with woman. It a absolutely a huge industry and we play right in the hands of those marketing and the sales of those items. We all want to feel and look good when we look in the mirror that is true for every one Its can be a challenge for so many of us who prefer to see a feminine image of one self. I think those apps can help us to see what could be. We all face to truth every day when we look in the mirror that is for sure. We can also choose to expose the real you by showing your kindness, gentle nature. empathetic part of us that also wants to breath a little oxygen. Those are the qualities that attract others, how those qualities are dressed or packaged are just cute accessories Go and have a great time you deserve it.
- April 18, 2021 at 8:29 am #479406LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
Not sure what I was trying to say either, guess just rambling trying to build courage and deflect negative thoughts. I too love looking at the possibilities with my pictures, but walking in a restaurant I will not have that luxury, and I guess I need to be honest with myself about how I present.
nothing more, nothing less…
- April 18, 2021 at 6:38 am #479349Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 292Has thanked: 1084 timesBeen thanked: 1182 times
- April 18, 2021 at 6:10 am #479337stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9969 times
What is the fuss all about? You look quite stunning!
(p.s. Are you aware that your public pics can be seen by anybody… anywhere…. the entire internet? To ensure privacy pics in your private photo gallery can only be seen by CDH site members.)
- April 19, 2021 at 6:37 am #481040Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
That’s very true. It’s kind of funny really. If I google my male name pretty much nothing comes up. If I google my female name lots of pics will surface of me wearing dresses,nightgowns etc. Don’t know if they are from here or flicker and don’t really care. Kind of neat actually.
- April 18, 2021 at 3:21 pm #479541Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
I guess your right Stephanie. I went online and found myself in my orange dress. Kind of a turn on for me actually. I have looked at pics of CD for years. I always looked to remind myself of what was possible if you kept trying to better yourself. Not that I think I am on par with those lovely ladies. But it is kind of exciting to me
- April 18, 2021 at 6:18 pm #479581LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 134Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 632 times
- April 18, 2021 at 6:00 am #479334Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1260Has thanked: 5712 timesBeen thanked: 6452 times
Haley!! Thank you. For two things. First, for channeling your inner Bowie 😁, and secondly, for realizing you are beautiful just the way you are!! Beauty comes from deep deep inside, not from any mask you wear. Realizing that is a big step in the right direction!
- April 18, 2021 at 6:21 am #479341
- April 18, 2021 at 5:51 am #479331Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
- April 18, 2021 at 5:41 am #479328Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4621 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.