Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay…..just for a few minutes I want you to leave all your troubles behind….and indulge yourselves!!!!!!

you are in a restaurant, you have just had a lovely meal….and are stuffed!!!….you couldn’t eat another thing……

so where’s the dessert menu???…

There’s always room for a pud…isn’t there???

They make you happy, they make you put on weight, they make you smile, they make your mouth water….the ultimate comfort food??

Well there’s good news….THIS IS CDH….so whatever you chose, you DON’T put any weight on!!!….this post is here to let you chose your favourite….no holding back

So girls, what’s your poison????

are you a calorific calamity??…crackers about cheese??…Bananas over fruit??…or shock horror…a dessert deserter???…..

as for me????…give me a big wedge of Tiramisu with clotted cream…..and we’ll be friends for life…..or at least until I have scoffed it……

Huggs, grace ❤️❤️

The mention of dessert brings me out into full Homer mode – not a pretty sight! In terms of what to have… chocolate cheesecake, key lime pie, sticky toffee pudding, apple pie…

Can I just have three desserts and no starter or main?

-A.

Anonymous

Doh….

of course you can Andi!!!

Grace, there are far too many to choose from… 🙂

Trifle, apple or cherry pie/crumble and custard, cheesecake, key lime pie, bread and butter pudding with custard, bakewell with custard.

Myst stop now before I start drooling and it’s only 8 in the morning! *giggles*

Love Rachel

Anonymous

Gosh Rachel….that’s some choice…love them all, but maybe not on the SAME plate …..giggles back x

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Grace

What a fabulous question!

Whenever I am in a restaurant, I go straight to the dessert menu, because this girl has priorities! My go to will always be apple crumble infused with cinnamon and a large jug of hot piping custard.

It’s ten to nine now and I’m hungry!

Have a great day 😘

Samantha x x

Anonymous

My favorite is carrot cake!

To each their own as they say.  For me, vegetables have no business being in cake!

-A.

Anonymous

What fun,  sticky toffee pudding lashings of custard and a large coffee please  x

Since you basically just described my diet, I would have to say- anything and everything that has a lot of sugar in it.  My diet is that of a five year old that has been left to fend for herself in a candy store.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Grace, its 5:30 in the morning and you have me thinking desserts!!  I Love Desserts!   Where to start??  Of course a cherry cheese cake like mom used to make – the baked type, not that crappy North American style!  Yes Eva, carrot cake too!  Then we can have some warmed apple crumble with French vanilla ice cream.   Finish it all off with a sherry trifle (heavy on the sherry).

Rinse, burp, and repeat as necessary.

Permission to gain a bit of weight??? 😁

Easy there! Cheesecake is my favorite too, and I make my own. They’re baked, too, I remember baking it the last time I made one, lol! If you wanted to make a valid disparaging remark, point out that we have no access to decent dairy compared to the UK. But cheesecake? No, I won’t have it. My cheesecake is better than nearly any I’ve ever had. Flavor? Well, I like a plain with strawberry or caramel topping, but I also make a good white chocolate with raspberries, a pumpkin cheesecake, oreo, and a lovely dulce de leches.

Thank you very much!

Bridgette, who bakes cheesecakes

Anonymous

I love cheese cake too. When I was a little child, on my dog’s birthday my Mom made a cheese cake to celebrate. And yes, my dog got a little slice!

Anonymous

What a business tip…..

Visit…… “Bridgette’s”….aka

shewhobakescheesecakes.com…

pet portions our speciality!!!!….WINNER

You are a girl after my very soul, B.  Cheesecake. 40 oz of real cream cheese in every cake. When shall I come over?

Cheesecake Clara.

Turtle cheesecake!!

Anonymous

[postquote quote=477459]
      Not talking about my carrot cake, but isn’t chocolate a vegetable? 😉

I thought chocolate was a bean (cacao). Comes from a plant so counts as one of your five a day.

-A.

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Haha.  I very much like the way you think Andi!  So , 5 chocolate bars – or even better, 5 chocolate donuts 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩 should meet my daily veggie requirement 😅.

Mona
            Duchess

Cacao has been shown to have tremendous health benefits.  So by extension, it is safe to say that any form of chocolate is good for you, and the more chocolate the better.  So double chocolate brownies are better than single chocolate brownies, and chocolate cake with multiple layers of chocolate filling and a thick coating of chocolate icing is better than a single layer.

Oh, and donuts, must not forget those donuts, Stevie.  Chocolate ones with gobsmackingly enormous lashings of chocolate frosting are nothing short of a genuine super food.  That bears repeating: chocolate is a SUPER FOOD!

May that thought provide some comfort, should you ever find yourself being rushed to the hospital in a diabetic coma.

Mona
      Duchess

Wicked sweet tooth here.  Love them all so it would take too long to list them.  Blue Bell (local brand) homemade vanilla ice cream combined with a handful of almonds or walnuts is a particular favorite.  Ultimate favorite is Tres Leches cake, served really cold.  Why eat your cake and milk/cream separately when you can combine them in one sweet, moist, spongy slice of heaven? Dammit Grace, I gained 2 pounds just by writing this.

Anonymous

Mona….

( Whisper – have another slice…you don’t put on weight in this post )…….what’s four pounds between friends xx

I am probably in the minority here, but i don’t have a sweet tooth.  I do enjoy a nibble of sweets here and there, but overall not a sweet foods type of person.

However, if indulging and calories don’t count, a big huge a bag of Doritos !!  Next in line cheezies.  Then ketchup flavoured chips.  I can eat a family sized bag of doritos no problem, I just love the saltiness of the yummy flavoured triangle shaped chips.

If I had to pick one dessert, it would be as simple as it comes, jello – strawberry, orange, lemon, I really don’t have a favourite flavour of jello either.

Krista
      Duchess

Oh my goodness Grace, I know this is a fantasy and no calories are involved but just reading all the responses and now thinking of my favourites are making my mouth water.

Of all my friends and family, I definitely have the sweetest tooth.  Pretty much anything with chocolate, caramel, and nuts will satisfy my dessert cravings.  I’m very fond of pecan pie covered in whipped cream with a chocolate sauce poured over top.  And then there is “turtles” cake with “turtles” ice cream, oh my.  Oh and I have a great fondness for baklava when we go to our favourite Greek restaurant.  Did I forget to mention cheescake?  Especially with a chocolate or caramel sauce; might as well put both sauces on top!!

So now you know why, even in my mid to late sixties, I have to keep exercising as much as I do.

Stay healthy (I do try), stay safe, Huge Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

That all sounds scrummy…

I wonder if the Baklava is a Greek version of Py’s famous Scottish Balaclava????

Krista
          Duchess

Gosh, I don’t know Grace, in Canada, a balaclava is a wooly face mask we wear when it is minus 30 degrees.

So I did a google search for Py’s Scottish balaclava and then Py’s Scottish baklava with no luck for either.  But if it is made of filo pastry, chopped nuts and super sweet syrup, then you got it.  Very tasty.  Hugs, Krista.

One of the very nicest things about dessert time is coffee and cognac! However, before that stage what about my last dessert made for a dinner party?
      Homemade brioche ‘slider’ buns warm, split open with a flick of butter, broken waffle cones inside, big scoops of vanilla ice cream, lightly grilled but crispy pancetta laid over the ice cream and a scoop of rhubarb and berry jam to crown!

Voilà Polly 🍨🍷☕️

Kate
        Baroness

Polly that sounds so good, I love rhubarb !

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Banoffi – 9 x 1′ Tin. Crush 1/2 pack of plain hob nobs and add 2oz melted butter. Spread in tray. Slice bananas and cover biscuit base. Whip 300ml  Double cream – sweeten with caster sugar. Blend in 1/2 tin of caramelised Carnation condensed milk. Cover banana and fill tin. Place in fridge for an hour.  Melt half bar of chocolate and mix in four tablespoons of milk or cream and a knob of butter. Pour over top and refrigerate.

And finally…

Subscribe to weight watchers

Anonymous

Yay Angela…

Good recipe….I love hobnobs, so what a start!!!!    xx

Angela you lost me at hob nobs. What are hob nobs?

Anonymous

Autumn…

hobnobs are cookies made from rolled oats…sometimes chocolate covered on one side….bit like a flapjack…only different… haha

Mmmm… dessert!!!
      Since I’m not putting on any weight in this post, I’m having a hard time choosing between bread and butter pudding, strawberry cheesecake, and apple crumble. All served with whipped cream.

Anonymous

So…..

I guess that’s all three then !!!

😇😇😇

Anonymous

Hi Grace nothing compares to Cherry Pie & Custard for me, I am also very partial to Bread & Butter Pudding yummy. What I do love is my own homemade Elderberry Tartlets, unfortunately I’ve never seen Elderberry anything on any menu’s.

Anonymous

Sarah.

I’ve had elderberry wine, but never seen an elderberry pudding….

wouldn’t Elderberry Tartlets be a great name for a cheerleader team!!!

Anonymous

Grace it would be a compliment to be called a Tartlet, instead of mutton.

xx

Anonymous

Sarah du Tartlet….

nice ring to it….🤔xx

Anything with the word ‘chocolate’ in it. What about a choc sundae, choc ice cream, chunks of choc brownie, skooshy cream and chocolate sauce. And a long spoon, and a lot of time, I like to savour my dessert.

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

❤️B…..

Totally agree…the temptation is to ” shovel” it in…..but slow and sure does make it taste better….oh yes!!!!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I don’t do much sugary high calorie foods any more. Back when I did I loved pecan pie esp. with a little real whip cream. My grandma’s carrot cake when we visited on Sunday was one of the best part of the day.
      . Sandy

Anonymous

Sandy….is it not true that if you put the word ” grandma” in front of anything home made….it turns into a Superfood?????

Grace xx

Never been a big fan of sweets. I am showing my age here but I wrestled high school at 98 lbs. they don’t have that weight anymore. I still don’t do many sweets. I do have a thing for Reece’s peanut butter cups or any homemade version of that.
      ❤️
      Octavia

The favorite dessert at my favorite restaurant here is their fresh daily cinnamon rolls hot from the oven with a dab of melting honey butter soaking into the top.

PaulaF

Nancy
      Lady

[postquote quote=477843]
      I’m with you on this one. There is nothing better than warm cinnamon rolls!

Birel

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, I do have a weakness for dessert, so I give you a few of my favs. Like a favourite dress, impossible to choose!

However, my favourites are made in my kitchen, by me! A few years ago at the request of my picky kids, coming to visit for an important dinner, I made an apple crisp, using a recipe for apple pie, but with an oatmeal, flour and butter topping. It was a big hit! So I’ve made it a few times since.

Then I love cheesecake, but once again, made by me. I created a raspberry/white chocolate one  a pot luck dinner several years ago. The women who didn’t know me well of course were quite amazed, and some didn’t believe me, till my wife told them it’s true. Now, if I’d shown up as Amy, instead of plain old …., maybe they would have believed me sooner.

Then something simple like Scotch Shortbread, perhaps done with maple sugar instead of sugar?

Sorry to sound kind of self centred there, but you asked for my fav, and there are some of mine.

Amy

[postquote quote=477833]
      Nope, not true.

My grandma’s biscuits are a good example. Dropped one once…. Dented the floor.

Anonymous

That’s very funny 😂😂

Oh grandma….

you’ve let the team down!!

[postquote quote=477672]
      A friend gave me a jar of her homemade elderberry jam. OMG was it delicious.

Ooo, French Silk chocolate pie with white chocolate topping and a bowl of vanilla ice cream smothered in chocolate sauce. Finish with a nice brandy and a smooth cigar next to the firepit in the backyard. And yes, girls can have cigars too. My ex and her sister and my current GGbf all had cigars for special events.

🍰🍷💭

Beth

ChloeC
      Duchess

My birthday is coming up and my SO has promised to make me something I absolutely adore for dessert, chocolate icebox cake.  It’s something I seldom have but find absolutely scrumptious.  Sadly one doesn’t see it too often (if at all) on restaurant menus.  So, when I do have dessert while dining out (which  we do now go out regularly especially since we’ve had our shots and restaurants are welcoming back patrons) I find cheesecake to be a goto selection.  I also like apple pie a la mode.  The other dessert I also love which is seldom seen is burnt sugar layer cake, which has that carmelized sugary frosting over a carmel colored cake mix.  My grandmother made it for us grandkids, but my mother never really learned it, so my grandmother’s recipe is basically lost. My SO who enjoys cooking and experimenting usually attempts it at Thanksgiving and has pretty much come quite close to duplicating what I remember from years past.

Anonymous

Chloe!!!!

Chocolate icebox cake????

Don’t leave us hanging here….

do tell!!!

ChloeC
          Duchess

Here are the ingredients for the cake – 1 teaspoon minute gelatin, 2 tablespoons sugar, dash of salt, 1/3 cup water, 2 packages Baker’s German Sweet chocolate 2 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 egg whites stiffly beaten, 1/2 cup cream, whipped, 1 1/2 doz. (36 split) ladyfingers. obviously, let refrigerate after made.

Here’s the burnt sugar cake – burn 1/3cup sugar in heavy skillet until light brown and melted, add 1 cup cold water to cool,1/2 stick  butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 1/2 teasp. baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla.

Oh, and I forgot (how the heck could I!!) Chocolate Eclair cake. I’ve made this myself btw – 2 pkgs. French vanilla instant pudding  (I’ve subbed low cal/low sugar instant) 3 cups milk (or low fat), 9 oz cool whip. Layer this mix in several layers with graham crackers. and let sit for some time in a standard brownie pan. Actually, the longer the better as the the pudding seeps into the graham crackers and softens them up so that they become like the shell for eclairs. Yummy!

These all just taste sooooo good, and done right compare favorably to many (old fashioned) bakery shop delicacies.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by ChloeC.
            Anonymous

Wow…thank you Chloe ❤️❤️

Oh My Gracie,

I am so weak I have been on a no sugar diet for a couple years but this week my step daughter was up and we had a dinner for her.

I had a big slice of no sugar added cherry pie that was divine with no sugar added ice cream.Yummy!!!

I am so weak

I have to quit eating this stuff but yes I am a big fan of Tarimisu from a far of course.

Fun but tough Post for me Grace.

Love Patty

Anonymous

Patty….

what a no-sugar-added star you are xx

Anonymous

Oh gosh Grace, chocolate Swiss roll with a real cream filling, covered in a thick double cream, and then covered in a soft vanilla ice cream, with crushed flake bars Sprinkled over the top. Heaven pure heaven.

Anonymous

Oh my….now I really need a flake!!

Anonymous

Gosh wish I hadn’t said Flake now. I am going to want one too Grace. I know they say texting is addictive but have to be a member of weight watchers just to do it.

Anonymous

In the dessert category, I find pecan pie with vanilla ice cream irresistible, though pie (any flavor) with a good cup of coffee is a good way to finish a meal. But my weakness isn’t desserts, but snacks; one between breakfast and lunch, another between lunch and dinner, and one before bedtime. My go-to snack for the past year has been cheese and Triscuits or crackers, and it was about a year ago that I discovered Old Croc sharp cheddar cheese – an Australian import. It has even become my regular lunch sometimes, and it’s a miracle I’m still a size 10 instead of size 24.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Bettylou…

I googled your cheese…and they do a smoked version…I do like smoked cheese….xx

Anonymous

Yes, they do, Grace…and I have tried it, but it’s not my thing. You should try it. And they also make a version with jalapeno pepper.

Hugs,

Bettlylou

Eona Oh
      Lady

Apple crumble with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream on top. Yummy! 🥧🍨💖

Anonymous

Eona.

I love crumble….with any filling….it’s the texture….mmmm…..good choice xx

Anonymous

Steph.

I love my custard served by the ” dollop”…not poured….

another great word, to be said slowly….dollop!!…

I hate runny custard….but that’s just my opinion xx

“Come, Sir, it is just a wafer thin mint…”

Bridgette

Mona
      Duchess

“Drowned(boiled) Baby!- a sweet suet pudding, white and glistening  – a massive version of a Spotted Dog or  Spotted Dick.  Or try  a Plum Duff ,  or perhaps a Treacle Dowdy or Treacle Tart, or a Frumenty, or maybe a Figgy Hobbin,  or a Sussex Pond pudding.”

As an American who eats dessert after dinner (one type of which might be a cup of pudding of the chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, etc. variety ), I don’t have the foggiest idea what a Plum Duff is or for that matter any of the other ones.

But I am laughing hysterically at these florid descriptors and plan to Google all of them when I have a spare hour or two on my hands.  Unless one of you Brits care to provide a glossary.

One word I do absolutely love is “lashings” – just brilliant and I will do my best to incorporate it into my vocabulary going forward.

Anonymous

a “big thing”…

is that like a bowl..or a tub….or a bathtub….or a shipping container…or a Swimming pool…or a ……

Anonymous

Two more favourites…moist….

M – o – I – s – t….moist….

and…..squidgy.

S – q – I – d – g – y….squidgy

Steph, I hope you’re not confusing dollop with trollop. A dollop with a trollop will find you in the naughty corner, slowly murmuring, “puuuuddding”.

Clara

Anonymous

My goodness…what mouth watering delights….. strawberry jam and raw onion….bacon butties and rhubarb…..peanut butter and sardines….

OMG…..I don’t think even Gordon Ramsey could save this place !!!!😂😂😂😂😂

Anonymous

Sardines, noooooooo noooooooo Stephanie 🤢

Plumb, dear… I will definitely cook for you and yours and teach you that fusion cuisine… even Nigella, is great! Date?

Anonymous

Scrummmmeeeee….

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?