• This topic has 60 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 52 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So how many of you girls have mastered the fine art of putting on a bra without clasping in the front, spinning and then putting your arms through the straps and pulling up? I was watching an episode of Orange is the New Black, and was amazed at how easily Fig did it. I just can’t get it! And now, with chronic shoulder pain I am not sure I ever will.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

Practice makes perfect! Practice, practice, practice! (lol) I started at te ae most irls start and can clasp beind my back quicker tan most women. (Women I know are spinners… tat works too and is not any less irly.)

Since I got fitted and now have the right band size, I can do it but I still find it easy and convenient to be a spinner.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

Not everyone can clasp in back as it takes shoulder flexibility. Some will clasp in back, but down lower, hiking the bra up after hooking. Hook and spin is perfectly acceptable. And a good way to check you didn’t miss a hook, or it’s misaligned. How embarrassing!

Limited shoulder movement might require a front hook bra. Then you have the option of a long line bra to help flatten the tummy.

My future husband had a sneaky method of unhooking a girl’s bra at parties while giving a hug. That’s a rare talent.

Eileen

Maya Sol
        Lady

“My future husband had a sneaky method of unhooking a girl’s bra at parties while giving a hug. That’s a rare talent.”

I can do that too 🙂

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hey Kelly!  I think I am one of the few blessed ones, it came very quickly to me, almost like second nature, haha.  It helps a lot having long thin arms and not an excessive amount of muscles to get in the way, lol.  Easy peasy for me now.  I had at first tried the front closing bras, but i found the hooking in front more uncomfortable.

As stated, practice makes perfect, and 2 clasps are easier than 3 or 4.  Not being big busted, most of mine have two – that cuts down on the aggravation a bit!

Stevie

It’s been hook and spin since the first time I put a bra on at 8 years old, I follow what Eileen recommends, it works just fine, thankyou! I do it every morning getting dressed for work 🙂

Hugs ladies,

Lauren M

I usually hook it in the front, i can do it in the back, but i haven’t mastered it yet.

No choice for me. Due to arthritis, I don’t have full flexibility in my elbows and shoulders…

Anonymous
      Lady

I had a tremendous amount of difficulty hooking from the back so I did the front hook and thrill. I decided I would learn how to do it so I would try doing that for a while before using the front hook. Over time my shoulders started to loosen up and now I can hook in the back with no issue and enjoy doing it that way. Even though it took months it helped with the motion in my shoulders that I did not have. It was like doing physical therapy everyday!

I’m a “spinner”, but how about a front clasp bra. Just as sexy, but with less hassle.

Diane

Hi. I usually hook it from behind.  It’s like a challenge for me.

There are a few that I hook and spin and I have two that are racer back style that are front closure.

Susan

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I’m a spinner! It’s too frustrating & takes too long to do it from behind.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The only time I failed to hook in the back was when my aunt caught me and snatched the bra away!  I was 4.

Davina
      Lady

I am a spinner. Still can’t hook from behind. I get to frustrated!

Brielle
      Lady

Front closure bras, GF! BTW, my wife clasps and spins. A lot of women do that. Only young ladies that watch too many TV shows think they have to fasten their bras a particular way, I think. Once they are on, no one knows how they were fastened anyway!

If you SO is willing, ask them to fasten your bra. It may bring you closer together!

Brie

After reading the above replies I feel “Blessed by Angels”. I actually thought that behind your back fastening was so damn sexy I wanted to master it, and I did. There are times when you get cross hooked or loose one side of the bra and it goes flying but after thousands of tries it can be mastered  (maybe those of us who have more or less perfected the move are just people who’s brains works backwards).

A related topic;

Behind the back bra removal. The ultimate sexy move, to watch in awe as the straps and cups fall away from that beautiful bosom is comparable only to watching a small boy opening that one Christmas present they’ve always wanted, a new bra. Oh wait, I never did get that gift, and I couldn’t talk my cousin into trading me hers for that dumb baseball glove. Luv Ya All….Sorry for getting sidetracked 🙂 TERI

I still find it easy to do the hook-and-spin technique to fasten my bra, but you may hav e to switch to a front-hooker.
      Kisses,
      Fredrika

Anonymous

I don’t know if I’ve “mastered” it, but I can put my bra on with my breasts (forms) in the cups and fastening it behind my back.  Sometimes I do struggle, get frustrated and put it on backwards and turn it around to get the cups in place and the straps over my shoulders.

Do what you can, Kelly.  It doesn’t matter how you get dressed, as long as you are satisfied with your appearance after you’ve completed your outfit.

I spin aswell, it’s just so much easyer and not worth getting agitated on trying and failing time after time lol

early on I came to believe that putting my arms through the straps and hooking the band behind by back was the penultimate feminine dressing technique. So I practiced sometimes taking a break to resst my arms before trying again. after a few dozen attempts I have mastered the technique and only do it this way now, except with longline bras I lump that in with folding a fitted sheet.
      I have also mastered removing my bra without taking off my blouse, there was a time when i had a lot of time on my hands

I have to say that I went straight to the behind the back hook. It just kinda came natural to me. I have only done the spin thing a couple of times.

On the other hand, I have a terrible time trying to tie a string bikini behind my back. Go figure.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Kelly,

I usually hook in front, and spin with my behind the back clasp bra. I’ve watched my wife use this method for years. She has some shoulder issues too.
      I did force myself to hook it behind my back just the other day though, it was kind of satisfying to have done it.
      I also have a racer back with a front clasp that feels very sexy.

There is nothing wrong with the hook, and spin, it is also a feminine way to get the job done!

💕Lara

Davina
      Lady

Kelly, thank you so much for your question and for all of you in CDH for your responses. I tend to agree with Stephanie that no matter how we all do it, the appearance is what matters.

I originally thought that wearing a dress, nylons and heels was the most feminine thing I could do. In retrospect, the wearing of a bra and having a full figure for me is the most important one. That is when I feel the most feminine. I remember when I was seven or eight years old and I would get my mothers bra, put it on and stuff it with small dry wash towels. I simply don’t want to take my bras off. They feel so feminine and wonderful!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Davina.

For me it depends on whether I’m rushed or whether I have the opportunity to take my time and put it on slowly, but given the choice slipping my arms through and fastening it behind my back is a far more sensuous and pleasant sensation

Davina
        Lady

Dee, I agree it is. I just have to learn how to do it.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

This was my “cup full” on this topic last year.. So “strap yourself in” and here goes

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/donning-your-bra-are-you-a-back-hooker-or-a-front-loader-2/

Caty.

I have always fastened at the back,as one of the other girls said only ones  I can’t do are my longline bras have to spin them which of course is hardy than an ordinary bra. I love my bras most important item of underwear if I had a choice (which I haven’t got ) I would wear a bra 24/7 .  Michelle xx

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I have always hooked from the back. I think I tried spinning once or twice but it’s just quicker to hook in the back.

I have a couple of front fastening ones coming. They just seemed a better option for me.

I have a couple front hooking bras that I got at the suggestion of my wife.  I have 2 back closure that I usually clasp in front then spin but on occasion do clasp in the back.  I also have a couple nighties that have built in bras with  clasps, I usually clasp in front and spin but also occasionally clasp in the back.  Clasping in front is easier and that is how my wife does hers, although I do like the challenge of clasping in the back.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I fasten in front & spin. It’s easier for me to do it that way. I also love front fastening bras which avoids the spin bit. I would also mention that my late wife always fastened at the front and spun.

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

Im fascinated by yours and oters comments re. likin front clasp and spin. I personally feel back ook makes me feel more fem… dont know wy… I ave oter idosyncrasies, like preferrin 3 ooks to 2, strap not too wide, and oter tins… dont kow if tat comes from early fixation on my Mom, wife, etc., but observe everyone seems to prefer certain tins and suspect tere are underlyin reasons for all of us. Same for article of preference… bras for me more critical tan panties, lipstick, nylons, eels, etc. We all differ.

Jules
      Lady

Think i must be lucky as well, beleive it or not i get more confused fixing at front and spinning, so for me its hands round the back and clasp…

Maybe it is how some of use are wired… i have no problem reversing a car or truck just using mirrors….

Jules x

Due to a shoulder injury playing badminton many years ago, I also have to clasp & spin.

Back in my younger days I had mastered the art of hooking up. I had no problems put a bra on and reaching back. But over the years my shoulders just aren’t as flexible as they use to be. I’m sure some of you older ladies can relate! So out of necessity I have become the dreaded pirate “Spinner!” I own a few bras that when I spin them I go “Aarrggg!” Not many, but a few.

I’m a front hook and spin gurl. As a young CD, with limited time, the urge to get my bra on and to dress quickly, the front hook and spin worked for me. Hopefully one day I’ll master the rear hook like a real woman-longline bra excluded LOL.

Hi All, I like to hook from behind, it just feels more girly to me. I have not tried the spin thin yet.

Jennifer

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I hook from behind and have gotten pretty good at it.

Hugs, Liara

Becka
      Lady

I love the feeling of putting on a bra! So feminine!

I have shoulder problems too but I can and have as you say it mastered the bra. I slip my arms through the straps reach around and hook it. Most of the time on the first try.Sometimes I have to pick at the hooks but that is not the normal.some of my bras are just a little harder to hook. I don’t know why they all kinda look the same.I say just a bit of practice or I might be just built so I can do it fine. My wife does the hook in front and spin it some and hook in back some and sometimes if I am there she has me hook it. So don’t tell her but I can beat her any day at bra skills and pantyhose.

I suspect that it may be quality control. The spacing between the rows can be off slightly or the hooks may be crimped a bit more…

Cece X
      Lady

Hi, Rhonda. Usually, I first try clasping in back. If it is at all challenging, I quickly switch to spinning. When I get the urge to wear a bra, I am too eager to get it on for me to stall the process.

Hello Kelly, I am sorry to say it comes with practice, like most things in life you have to practice & eventully in will become second nature. It took me a little time to sort out, but now I can do my bra up at the back, without having to spin it around from doing it up in the front.
      love, Helenmarie

At first my shoulder and elbow joints just wouldn’t cooperate, but I persisted and won. Now I can easily do up a two or three hook bra, the five hook ones are a bit trickier so I will only  try twice before reverting to the spin or getting help.

Fastening a bra at the back is something that I have always been able to do.

Even as I am maturing gracefully, (getting older), I still fasten my bra at the back.

I do not like the newer type all in one bras that have no hooks and just pull up.  I do not find them feminine.

Dani
      Lady

Well, I can take it off that way just fine. But honestly I never try putting it on that way. My wife has ALWAYS done it that. I figure if it works for her, then why not? LOL.
      I don’t think for me it would change my feelings about bras and femme.

Ginah H
      Lady

usually the hook and spin and arms through for me, taking off I can do in the back, I guess I never thought about trying to hook it in back…I wear a lot of strappy sports bras pretty much all the time, so no hooks with those of course, just stuff it over my head..

Maya Sol
      Lady

Am I the only one that thinking the behind hook bra wearing is the easiest?
      It’s the fastest method to wear a bra. Anyway, just go on with any method that is working for you.

Hi Kelly i still after hook it at the front then twiz it round, but i can unhook it from behind,

I remember oh it must be about 30 years ago and i was stood in the queue to clock out at work and some of us were messing about and i manage to unhook one of the girls bra with one hand, my did she give me a right slap in the face,

Hugs Rozalyn X

Ladies forget the clips get a jog bra. There are many amazing styles and designs. The colors and patterns far exceed what you would find in the lingerie aisle. New Balance, Under Armor, Nike, and many other companies have some amazing products. They are not just for workouts and they have no clips! Check it out.

Ash

Anonymous

Jogging, workout, sports bras do not provide support for ample bosoms. Besides that, there is a subtle difference between putting on merely a women’s undergarment and wearing a bra.

When I was a teenager, I mastered hooking it behind my back simply because that’s how I thought it was done (that’s the way it always is in movies).  I had never seen a girl put on a bra in person, so I had no other reference.  After I was married, I noticed my wife doing the spin move, so I copied that – it certainly made it easier.

My wife now wears the sport bras made out of stretchy T-shirt cotton, so she doesn’t even have to spin anymore.  She wants me to wear more traditional foundations, so all my bras have hooks and underwires.

The real challenge is a longline bra, basque or corset bra which has a column of hooks going from mid back down to the small of your back.  And they’re usually too tight to spin.  Now that takes practice!

For me, it’s just the joy of putting on bra – I love the feeling.  I think it’s the most feminine of all garments and can’t wait to get home from work and into a bra.  One of my most amazing outings was for a bra fitting  at a small lingerie shop.  The owner allowed me in after her regular closing time and treated me just like a woman – advising me on bra styles as well as a proper fitting.  Although she is it more expensive it’s such a treat to be fitted at each visit in case “my breasts have grown” – how I wish.  She is firm advocate of front fastening and spinning.  Great article.

Davina
        Lady

Diane, I completely agree with you!

Anna Beth
      Lady

I have been attached the breast forms and put the arms the straps and hook the bra in the back. All of my bras are back hooks I’m loving it when I get the chance to wear them.

I typically hook in front and spin, but on occasion, depending on the bra, I hook in back.

Back hooks on, back hooks off.  Everyday for years.  Hooked, not spun.  I also zip myself with dresses and gowns that have back zippers.  Thanks Kelly for connecting us with this topic.  Marg

Have always done it up from the back. I cannot spin my bra around knowing I am mucking up the elastic.

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?