• Creator
    Topic
    Celeste Starre
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2018
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 953

I seem to remember a post a while back but could not find it where the three ways to put on a bra were discussed. 1. The traditional way. 2. The hook and spin method. 3. Hook it first and put it on over your head like a T shirt.

I mostly use the hook and spin. However I sometimes use an elastic strap that is designed to attach across the back from shoulder strap to shoulder strap above the band. They prevent the shoulder straps from slipping off your shoulder which I hate. The only way to put a bra on with that attached is over the head like a T shirt or so I thought.

This morning I had an idea.  CD’s of course have a male shaped body.  This means in general the widest part of our bodies is usually our chest and shoulder area. It certainly is for me. That means I can hook my bra,hold it by the straps,step into it and pull it up like a pair of pants. I just tried it for the first time and it works great. Not only is it the easiest way to put on a bra but there is 0 undo stress on the band that you get with the hook&spin or trying to pull it down over your head. It may not to the “ladylike” way but it gets the job done and doesn’t damage the bra and if you use the back strap to prevent shoulder slipping it’s really the only sensible way.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Teri Ray
      Lady
      Registered On: September 24, 2017
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 14

I am a lifelong hook in front then spin.  Undoing my bra I can do the reach around.  It doesn’t matter how you get your bra on its just a wonderful feeling having it.  My issue with bras was a long trial and error period where I tried many types of bras that did not fit confortably.  Now I have more bras than my wife and I love them all.  I am hopelessly addicted to pretty bras and although I have more than I can wear I cannot stop looking for the next pretty bra.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Laura Jane Moore
      Lady
      Registered On: July 10, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 136

I use Celeste’s 4th method when wearing a pocket bra. Much easier than stuffing the forms in the pockets after putting on the bra or putting on the bra the more traditional way with the forms already inserted.

I love the extra jiggle a pocket bra affords.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Charlotte Walker
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 18, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 101

Luckily I can fasten the hook and eye behind me. I have an elastic velcro strap I can fasten round the straps at the front then pass it over my head.

Celeste Starre
        Lady

I expect that would work too with the the ones pictured which I have.  The ones I like better though use tabs that are like the ones on a garter belt. Once attached they will not slide up or down on the shoulder straps so they need to be secure prior to putting on the bra. That leaves either putting the bra on over my head or  stepping into it and pulling it up which is way easier.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 337

Mama taught my Sis and I to hook behind the back, leaning forward so the breast falls into the cup. Still seems the most natural way.

However, what ever works for an individual is the best way.

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Very true but if you are using a strap across the upper back between the bra straps designed to keep ones bra straps from slipping off ones shoulder that method won’t work.

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Replies: 59

Dear Celeste,

If your straps are falling off the shoulder, the straps need adjusting. Or you’re wearing your bra way too high. Sometimes a bra can ride up after reaching up or exercising. Women do need to adjust now and then. I couldn’t imagine pulling on a bra all the way from the floor, unless you got a teeny butt. LOL!

Hugs, Eileen

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Yes and no.  My shoulders slope down from my neck which means gravity does it’s thing and the straps tend to slide down.  The diameter of my chest is greater than either my hips or stomach so it makes perfect sense to pull a circular shape garment from a smaller diameter to the larger.  The problem of strap slip is probably more common for CD’s than women simply based on the differences in our shapes. However since there are many devices on the market to prevent strap slip I’m guessing women have this same problem a lot as I doubt they invented them for CD’s. Problem is with said devices in place one can not put on a bra in the regular fashion.

Eileen Bach
          Baroness
          Registered On: February 27, 2021
          Replies: 59

Men’s clavicle, the collar bone, tends to slope more than a woman’s. My Terri has a terrible time keeping her purse on her shoulder, yet bra straps stay in place.

If I do a lot of reaching, a bra band can creep up, making the straps loose. Every body is different for sure.

There is no way I could possibly pull on my bra from the floor up, but some of you gals can put on your butt afterwards.

All these years wearing a bra and never thought of pulling one up that way.

Hugs, Eileen

Lili Becoming
      Lady
      Registered On: April 13, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 18

If it is the hooking kind, I usually use the hook and spin method.

But with sports bras, I usually pull them on from overhead, and take them off by sliding them down, after unhooking the shoulders, so either way would probably work to put them on.

Lili

Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 32
      Replies: 889

Hi Celeste, and thank you.
      I use this method all the time, I wear sports bra’s mostly, and when I purchased a bunch from Venus,(11 in total, between my wife’s and my own, lol) that was the recommended way to put them on.
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2094

Hi Celeste,

I discovered this method a couple of months ago, when I bought a somewhat larger bra to accommodate my forms—and it works very well. But most of my bras are front clasp, so I have been evading the problem. And my wife has found the easiest way of all: she has me do it for her.

Bettylou

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Celeste Starre
        Lady

That could be nice change to the old You scratch my back….  The newest trend: “You hook my bra and I’ll hook yours.”

Bettylou Cox
          Duchess
          Registered On: May 26, 2019
          Topics: 20
          Replies: 2094

LOL. It is SO nice to have an accepting spouse. Don’t need help with a front-clasp bra, but she does do back zippers for me.

Bettylou

James Brine
            Lady
            Registered On: October 13, 2020
            Topics: 18
            Replies: 85

Back zippers are a pain. It would be nice to have someone help with them.

Sivvi

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 1322

I always put mine on by having them around my midriff, then reach around and hook it up behind me then pull it up into place. Takes a bit of practice, but it wasn’t too hard to learn. Though I have say my wife uses the hook and spin method!

Amy

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 3083

Hi Celeste,

Your suggestion works.  You could try a front hook bra or a pull over style bra and step into it.

Alice

Celeste Starre
        Lady

I do like front hook bras but once my breasts reached an OK size where I could sell my forms I couldn’t find any front hook styles that had a large band size combined with a small cup size.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account