- December 22, 2020 at 1:13 am #421492Abby MParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 99Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
I was given some money as a Christmas present from work and have been thinking about using it to purchase something for myself to cross dress in. I’d like something possibly to lounge in at home to feel better and more confident about myself. I’m new to crossdressing. What brands of clothing would you recommend and should I hold off since I’m losing weight? I guess Im looking more for something like lingerie, nightgowns or undies at the moment, so intimate apparel. I have seen some on Amazon but I don’t want to buy cheap knockoff stuff that is ill fitting.
- December 25, 2020 at 10:07 am #423014Diana WLadyRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 253Has thanked: 1384 timesBeen thanked: 1173 times
If you’re planning to lose weight I would recommend going to a thrift shop. You’d be surprised what you can find in thrift shops. I manage one in Central New Jersey and we often get brand new clothes donated to us with their tags still on. Most of my femme clothes have come from my thrift shop. Plus your money will go further as they tend to cost less than brand new clothes. Just be aware that sizes have changed over the years and a size 12 now is a lot different from a size 12 from 10 – 20 years ago. As you lose weight and the clothes become too big for you you can recycle them by bringing them back to the thrift shop for someone else to buy.
- December 25, 2020 at 12:32 pm #423046Abby MLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 99Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
- December 25, 2020 at 12:39 pm #423049Diana WLadyRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 253Has thanked: 1384 timesBeen thanked: 1173 times
That is an amazing loss. Congrats on your success so far. You can and you will reach your goals. I’ve lost a total of 70 lbs so I know how good it feels.
- December 24, 2020 at 9:01 pm #422877
- December 23, 2020 at 2:59 pm #422320Gloria ReneeLadyRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 156Has thanked: 2105 timesBeen thanked: 751 times
- December 23, 2020 at 2:03 pm #422300HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 271Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 913 times
Second hand stores are the place to start. One, you get massive discounts over new.
Two, you might go through what every Crossdresser go through and that is a purge or in other words dump them out of shame and guilt.
Never buy new (Except Undies). Because most likely throw them out till your 100% comfortable who you are
- December 23, 2020 at 8:56 pm #422450LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 99Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
I can totally get that feeling, one of shame. I think it’s always been in the back of my head and even though I feel better about myself since more openly admitting these things are a part of me, I feel like I shouldn’t do it. That’s a good idea to buy used so I don’t just get rid of everything from misplaced guilt.
- December 23, 2020 at 7:36 am #422110Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 534Has thanked: 2287 timesBeen thanked: 2063 times
- December 23, 2020 at 7:12 am #422100michaela janeLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 261Has thanked: 221 timesBeen thanked: 575 times
You could do worse than a long dress. I have a floral dress like this one that is great for just lounging about. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casual-Long-Dress-for-Women-Solid-Color-Short-Sleeve-Maxi-Dress-with-Pocket/336017194
- December 23, 2020 at 6:56 am #422094Riley McCortLadyRegistered On: September 10, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 48Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 232 times
- December 23, 2020 at 1:06 pm #422276Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 121Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 544 times
- December 23, 2020 at 9:00 pm #422451LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 99Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
I don’t really have many female friends and I haven’t admitted to anyone I personally know yet that I am interested in crossdressing and potentially attracted to transgender individuals. I feel like I don’t know how people would react and I would be alone. It would be nice to have a woman with me as camouflage so it would be less awkward to shop for stuff but at the moment it’s not in the cards.
- December 23, 2020 at 7:13 am #422101
- December 23, 2020 at 6:17 am #422085Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 49Replies: 203Has thanked: 226 timesBeen thanked: 579 times
I would recommend buying cheaper clothes now, and raiding every thrift store that you can find. It will take you a while to find your style. After you find your style, you can donate some of your “early” clothes back to the thrift store.
- December 23, 2020 at 7:15 am #422103
- December 22, 2020 at 11:20 am #421790Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
If you want something really pretty to lounge in during the evening hours I would suggest a nightgown&robe from the Shadowline Silhouette Collection. They are very pretty and sized from small to 3X. The bodice of both the gown and robe is stretch lace so will fit a variety of figures. And when you’re ready for bed the gown is lovely to sleep in.
- December 25, 2020 at 6:23 am #422971Samantha PedersLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
I think they have that on sale at her room. I loved shadowline I have probably a dozen of their piegnoir sets and a couple of short gowns. I started buying them in the Dillard’s lingerie department, then they stopped having them and they told me they went out of business. Later on I found them at her room.
- December 25, 2020 at 6:49 am #422975Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
Shadowline has their own website and sometimes have sales. When they came out with the silver set pictured above it started out on sale at a nice discount and I bought it from them. Usually I found them on ebay or some on Amazon when they had a nice sale. I have the same set in navy blue,light blue,purple,black,red,mint green,peri-frost,ivory,pink,and silver and love them all.
- December 22, 2020 at 10:56 am #421784Julie SkyDuchessRegistered On: December 19, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 8Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
Personnally, for home lounging, I prefer something more relaxing than a very-sexy set. I love strectch materials, so I would go for a small cami with a pair of yoga pants or shorts.
I aslo agree with Amazon, the delivery is fast… and if you live with your SO, you can have them deliver to the local postal office instead of your home, if you want to keep it a secret.
- December 22, 2020 at 9:49 am #421752Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 477Has thanked: 7655 timesBeen thanked: 1874 times
Agree with Regine, I use Amazon a lot. Look through reviews and size descriptions. Get a tailor’s tape and measure yourself so you’ll be able to find your right sizes, and beware that different companies frequently have a different idea of numerical sizing, so if it doesn’t have a chat that gives you measurements, go right on by and find something else. There plenty out there on the web that gives measurements with sizing. Amazon has about the best return policies, so if initially stick with that.
- December 22, 2020 at 12:58 pm #421818LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 99Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
Where can I get a tailors tape?
- December 22, 2020 at 1:28 pm #421831Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 124Has thanked: 768 timesBeen thanked: 505 times
Amy… you can get a Tailor’s tape on line through Amazon which by the way can ship to your local Whole Goods which have either a pickup counter or locker system. It’s really very simple. Or you can get them at Walmart or Home Goods stores… other places on line also….
Thanks for asking the question. I have been meaning to get one and wasn’t sure where until I checked into it when you asked. Mom: v
Happy shopping. I found the loveliest silky satin pj’s on Amazon. I think if you just search for silky satin womens pajamas you’ll find them. Quite comfortable to lounge onand yummy to sleep in….all in one… lol.
- December 22, 2020 at 2:05 am #421499Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 610Has thanked: 6370 timesBeen thanked: 2613 times
I buy a lot from Amazon, Amy, but I have prime, so its usually free shipping and returns. That way I can always send it back. But, I read every review, and go through the sizing charts on everything, and I have got some quite nice things there, and the selection is just crazy:-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.