Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Abby M
      Lady

I was given some money as a Christmas present from work and have been thinking about using it to purchase something for myself to cross dress in. I’d like something possibly to lounge in at home to feel better and more confident about myself. I’m new to crossdressing. What brands of clothing would you recommend and should I hold off since I’m losing weight? I guess Im looking more for something like lingerie, nightgowns or undies at the moment, so intimate apparel. I have seen some on Amazon but I don’t want to buy cheap knockoff stuff that is ill fitting.

I buy a lot from Amazon, Amy, but I have prime, so its usually free shipping and returns. That way I can always send it back. But, I read every review, and go through the sizing charts on everything, and I have got some quite nice things there, and the selection is just crazy:-)
      Regi.

Agree with Regine, I use Amazon a lot. Look through reviews and size descriptions. Get a tailor’s tape and measure yourself so you’ll be able to find your right sizes, and beware that different companies frequently have a different idea of numerical sizing, so if it doesn’t have a chat that gives you measurements, go right on by and find something else. There plenty out there on the web that gives measurements with sizing. Amazon has about the best return policies, so if initially stick with that.

Bridgette vS

Abby M
        Lady

Where can I get a tailors tape?

Amy… you can get a Tailor’s tape on line through Amazon which by the way can ship to your local Whole Goods which have either a pickup counter or locker system. It’s really very simple. Or you can get them at Walmart or Home Goods stores… other places on line also….

Thanks for asking the question. I have been meaning to get one and wasn’t sure where until I checked into it when you asked. Mom: v

Happy shopping. I found the loveliest silky satin pj’s on Amazon. I think if you just search for silky satin womens pajamas you’ll find them. Quite comfortable to lounge onand yummy to sleep in….all in one… lol.

Abby M
            Lady

I think I’ll pick one up in Walmart thank you 😊

Julie Sky
      Lady

Personnally, for home lounging, I prefer something more relaxing than a very-sexy set. I love strectch materials, so I would go for a small cami with a pair of yoga pants or shorts.

I aslo agree with Amazon, the delivery is fast… and if you live with your SO, you can have them deliver to the local postal office instead of your home, if you want to keep it a secret.

I would recommend buying cheaper clothes now, and raiding every thrift store that you can find. It will take you a while to find your style. After you find your style, you can donate some of your “early” clothes back to the thrift store.

Abby M
        Lady

That’s a great tip, thanks!

Go to Kohls. Right now there is a ton of stuff on clearance and they have super cute lingerie, nighties, and bras n panties super cheap!

Abby M
        Lady

Oooh thanks for the tip ☺️

Trisha
        Duchess

Kohls is where it is at. I 💘 me some Kohls. If you have a female friend that knows take her with you. Her clothes sense will be super helpful.

Trisha.

Abby M
          Lady

I don’t really have many female friends and I haven’t admitted to anyone I personally know yet that I am interested in crossdressing and potentially attracted to transgender individuals. I feel like I don’t know how people would react and I would be alone. It would be nice to have a woman with me as camouflage so it would be less awkward to shop for stuff but at the moment it’s not in the cards.

You could do worse than a long dress. I have a floral dress like this one that is great for just lounging about. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casual-Long-Dress-for-Women-Solid-Color-Short-Sleeve-Maxi-Dress-with-Pocket/336017194

Abby M
        Lady

That’s lovely and red is my favorite color 🥰

Abby, I would add that my long dress gives me all the feminine feelings I want.

I like the girls here have said think you should stay with inexpensive till you know what you like in sizing and style. Thrift shops and retailers like Marshalls and Ross as well as amazon are the best starters.

Hippie
      Lady

Second hand stores are the place to start. One, you get massive discounts over new.
      Two, you might go through what every Crossdresser go through and that is a purge or in other words dump them out of shame and guilt.

Never buy new (Except Undies). Because most likely throw them out till your 100% comfortable who you are

Abby M
        Lady

I can totally get that feeling, one of shame. I think it’s always been in the back of my head and even though I feel better about myself since more openly admitting these things are a part of me, I feel like I shouldn’t do it. That’s a good idea to buy used so I don’t just get rid of everything from misplaced guilt.

I have bought stuff like bra’s and panties from Just my size without any issues.

Everything fits perfectly, I have bought stuff from them several times and they have great sales!! (A girls best friend).

Gloria

There is a place called HerRoom,com that has a gr8 selection. I like Shadowline and Flora Nikrooz

Diana W
      Lady

If you’re planning to lose weight I would recommend going to a thrift shop.  You’d be surprised what you can find in thrift shops.  I manage one in Central New Jersey and we often get brand new clothes donated to us with their tags still on.  Most of my femme clothes have come from my thrift shop.  Plus your money will go further as they tend to cost less than brand new clothes.  Just be aware that sizes have changed over the years and a size 12 now is a lot different from a size 12 from 10 – 20 years ago.  As you lose weight and the clothes become too big for you you can recycle them by bringing them back to the thrift shop for someone else to buy.

Abby M
        Lady

I’ve been losing weight all year long and hope to lose more. Currently 249 but hope to be in 230 range by February. Ideally I’ll be around 210-215. I weighed 315 or higher in February of this year.

Diana W
          Lady

That is an amazing loss.  Congrats on your success so far.  You can and you will reach your goals.  I’ve lost a total of 70 lbs so I know how good it feels.

I think they have that on sale at her room. I loved shadowline I have probably a dozen of their piegnoir sets and a couple of short gowns. I started buying them in the Dillard’s lingerie department, then they stopped having them and they told me they went out of business. Later on I found them at her room.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?