• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I became curious about my actual shoe size. I usually wear an 11.5 or 12 in mens depending on brand, and I was getting tired if not finding many good options in the large women sizes on Amazon (my preferred resource due to the way it bills to the account). So I decided to measure my feet when I realized they actually don’t look that big. Come to find out that after measuring and comparing to some generic shoe size charts, I should be an 11/11.5 wide or 12 in womens. That makes no sense to me seeing as that is the same size as my mens shoes. So from yalls experience, do you trust your own foot measurements more? Or do you stick with the add so many sizes to your mens size rule? Thanks yall!

EDIT: I haven’t actually purchased any shoes yet, buy I want to find the most accurate starting point to try to avoid the hassle of buying and sending back shoes as best I can

US women’s shoe sizing is typically 1.5  greater than the equivalent men’s shoe size.  For example, a US women’s size 10 would be equivalent to a US men’s size 8.5. However, the average men’s width is D whereas the average women’s width is B. As with most clothing though, shoes can differ from brand to  brand and model to model.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I went out to buy my first platform wedge heels, I tried on shoes that were in my male size. I found they were too small. The right size for me in women’s was 2 sizes larger than my male size. Over the years and many more shoes I have found overall that 2 sizes bigger was always pretty consistent.

Anonymous

In the UK it is easy as the same length to shoe size measurement is used for both ladies and gents.  The only thing to take into account is width (and the internal height of the shoe if like me your big toe sticks up a bit).  That said, two identical sized shoes can still fit completely differently on your feet!

Anonymous

Hmm, I have found out that typically a UK ladies shoe is half a size larger (length wise) than a gents shoe.  This may explain why a ladies size 8 usually fits me whereas I tend to go for 8.5 for a gents shoe (or a wide 8 to give my toes some breathing space).  Luckily I don’t actually have wide feet so normal ladies shoes can fit nicely.

There is a useful conversion guide for international shoe sizes here: http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

Anonymous

Ayla, as most have replied, it can vary with the different show brands.  However, my limited experience has been I need 1 1/2 to 2 sizes larger than my male measurement.  I actually got brave and went to a shoe store in drab clothes and bought a pair of women’s platform sandals.  The sales lady was very nice, helped me try on and the sandals were two sizes larger than my male size.

Anonymous

I add 3 to my male shoe size and have not had any trouble finding women’s shoes that fit me.

Hi Ayla,

Men’s feet generally run wider than women’s so try a wide or extra wide women’s shoe.  In general the sizing is to add one or two sizes to your men’s shoe size.  You’ll find different manufacturers run smaller or larger than the cited shoe size.  You’ll also find women’s shoes made for men and can order your men’s size.  I find it best to try on a pair of shoes for size and comfort.  Wear stockings or pantyhose that you’ll be wearing with your new shoes.

Alice

So just a quick update, I compared my foot measurements to a mens size chart and came up with a 10.5. Now I’m wondering if I’ve been wearing the wrong mens size all this time. Haha. Guess I’ll just have to do some good ol fashioned trial and error on this

Oh my, getting a shoe that fits! This has been beyond frustrating for me.
      I am not this big person. Why has this shoe thing been such an ordeal!
      Okay ladies, here’s the story.
      Shoe sizes, forever.
      Street shoe, 10 1/2. Running shoe, 11 1/2. No fit issues with either. Ever.
      So I order a pair of 11 white pumps. Too small. So I take box cutters and cut away the back just above the heel. I can walk in 2 inch heels!
      Part 2, I order a pair of nude pumps, size 12. They don’t fit. Out come the box cutters. Ladies, I’m not this big ex football player. These were 4 inch heels. I did find my heel limit though. I have been running almost every day for the past 40 years so I have some foot issues. My toes don’t flex so the 4 inch heel doesn’t work. Hey, what’s wrong with a 3 inch heel. I don’t like kitten heels, but even 2 inches would be fine.
      Next! I order a size 13 pump. It doesn’t fit! I return to Amazon immediately.
      I saw on this site a suggestion to go wide. That’s my next step.
      Ladies, I have black toes from running so I don’t want them showing.
      I’m thinking that maybe I’m a slings kind of girl.
      I see the photos of many of you wearing awesome heels. I am insanely jealous.

Nikki
      Lady

[postquote quote=224394][/postquote]

Same for me.

Nikki x

Anonymous

This is something I’ve come across widely. But it has made me reevaluate what my actual shoe size is. I always thought i was a size 9 then i tried on a pair of size 8 mary janes and the fit was perfect. So either my feet have shrunk or ive been wearing the wrong size shoes for a long period of my life.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?