- This topic has 33 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- August 1, 2021 at 6:42 pm #525957AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Seen article recently from WebMD saying that the sex of a person should be left blank from the normal Male or Female.
Think would this be a good idea or should be a labeled there for M or F
Sorry everyone seems like unable to create a poll so simple yes or no comment be good also welcome to comment and thoughts also.
- November 27, 2021 at 8:22 am #581371
- November 27, 2021 at 7:37 am #581344Phoebe SmythLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 167Has thanked: 462 timesBeen thanked: 386 times
Not exactly sure what’s mean hon.
Are you asking if we should change it, leave it the same or open?
I’d like to change mine but the state I was born it won’t allow it. Which I think is wrong as I haven’t lived there since I was one and was only born there because my dad was stationed there temporarily for training.
- November 27, 2021 at 7:41 am #581345AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
By asking my local office to do all this and by researching online I will be allowed to change everything to my fem Name even birth cert. All have to do is show the letter my Dr did that shows had the surgery then of course pay the fees.
- November 27, 2021 at 3:10 pm #581578Phoebe SmythLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 167Has thanked: 462 timesBeen thanked: 386 times
I’m glad so many have that option. It must give tremendous peace of mind.
- November 27, 2021 at 3:31 pm #581602AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
could be also just the luck of being a state that will honour this choice. believe all states should have the right to do.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 3, 2021 at 5:24 pm #568313Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 643Has thanked: 3743 timesBeen thanked: 3413 times
It’s amazing that just a simple thing like “M” or “F” can divide families and communities.
But it can go ohh so deep and divided us!
I fear for so many young school aged children and especially teenagers in high school for being vilified just because in their hearts they are not what they want to be; that they can’t express their true nature and use the bathroom of their choice.
Starbucks got it right with their bathrooms. Each door has M/F on it so anyone can use it, at least here in Canada, and I think in the US too (if memory serves as me and my SO drove from Ontario to the wonderful Carolinas a couple of years ago).
When my children were in kindergarten each class had their own bathroom and any child could use it, boy or girl. The one and only sign on the door read, “Washroom”. They learned at an early age to respect someone’s privacy. It’s always the adults who screw it up for the kids with their antiquated morality!
Most young people I know don’t give a darn about the M/F designation.
Going out for a walk now…
- November 3, 2021 at 5:43 pm #568315AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Thankfully went to old school. growing up. Also seen many schools are kinda forcing things on kids let them decide what they want later in life. The ones feeling certain way they can do what it takes. But the others that little confused on things give them room to think. Don’t tell them this is the way. and force gender idienty on a young child.
Just glad live in a state all need is a letter of proof and the fee
- November 3, 2021 at 3:44 pm #568281SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 605Has thanked: 14720 timesBeen thanked: 2660 times
- November 3, 2021 at 4:21 pm #568295AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 2, 2021 at 7:24 pm #567788Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1021Has thanked: 1982 timesBeen thanked: 3928 times
- November 2, 2021 at 2:42 pm #567708Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 46Replies: 1277Has thanked: 344 timesBeen thanked: 4702 times
I would say no and add one more thought. If a baby is born with ambiguous genitalia it should be left alone until the child is old enough to determine gender. In the past it’s been up to the parents and doctor and they have a 50% chance of getting it wrong.
- November 2, 2021 at 2:03 pm #567687
- November 2, 2021 at 1:38 pm #567677ElizabethLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 32Replies: 401Has thanked: 2612 timesBeen thanked: 1857 times
- November 2, 2021 at 1:21 pm #567669
- September 27, 2021 at 8:55 pm #549395AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
In the identification process (which this is all about), sex is the primary division among all species; chosen by a casual look at the “plumbing”. Mistakes do rarely occur, but until recently, the label was permanent. All other divisions except ethnicity: age,height and weight are variable and cannot be part of a permanent record. As a “permanent” identifier, sex is properly included on a birth certificate.
- September 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm #549398AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Bettylou say have the plumbing at the end of year would it be possible to change my sex on my birth cert to my sex now or does it have to be left how it is now. Guess can prove it to them have the right plumbing for a woman. minus some of the key parts Like ovaries. and all.
thank I found my answer here gives all the states and requirements to change it or not.
- September 27, 2021 at 9:22 pm #549405AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
The laws/rules are all about the “plumbing” itself, not its functionality. Logic dictates a change in your ID documents, but laws are often in defiance of logic. And your birth certificate remains correct: you were a male at birth, and some jurisdictions could use this as an argument against changing the document. Who knows?
- September 27, 2021 at 9:29 pm #549407AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- September 27, 2021 at 7:55 pm #549372Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2861Has thanked: 41144 timesBeen thanked: 10435 times
- August 2, 2021 at 9:36 am #526154
- August 1, 2021 at 9:23 pm #526021Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 707Has thanked: 562 timesBeen thanked: 3097 times
First off, the question on the birth certificate is sex, not gender. Gender, being behaviors, doesn’t develop immediately. It is how the child responds to gendered cues from society that determines their gender.
Second, for most people, the sex is obvious. Yes, there are cases where the chromosomes aren’t either XX or XY, or have (possibly partial) two sets of genetils, or the body doesn’t respond to the sex hormones. But these are a very small number. Also, most people are cis, and their gender matches their sex.
I don’t think leaving it out is a good idea.
- August 1, 2021 at 9:37 pm #526024
- August 1, 2021 at 6:58 pm #525977СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 578Replies: 1793Has thanked: 8590 timesBeen thanked: 7480 times
- November 3, 2021 at 4:03 pm #568286AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 2, 2021 at 7:26 pm #567789
- November 3, 2021 at 3:20 pm #568269
- November 2, 2021 at 2:35 pm #567704AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Yes a racket but if wanting to do it and makes you feel better in the end then I say do it. if can. Know going to get it done once surgery is done and well enough to start filing. If have to they can peek lol.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.