• This topic has 31 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Seen article recently from WebMD saying that the sex of a person should be left blank from the normal Male or Female.

Think would this be a good idea or should be a labeled there for M or F

Sorry everyone seems like unable to create a poll so simple yes or no comment be good also welcome to comment and thoughts also.

Donna

First off, the question on the birth certificate is sex, not gender.  Gender, being behaviors, doesn’t develop immediately.  It is how the child responds to gendered cues from society that determines their gender.

Second, for most people, the sex is obvious.  Yes, there are cases where the chromosomes aren’t either XX or XY, or have (possibly partial) two sets of genetils, or the body doesn’t respond to the sex hormones.  But these are a very small number.  Also, most people are cis, and their gender matches their sex.

I don’t think leaving it out is a good idea.

Anonymous

what was said the child sex not his or her or gender.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Maybe they should just put T.B.C. until the individual makes a decision.

Seems like you are female since birth in your heart so there you go female it is ..

Stephanie bass

Anonymous

Once I am done with the transition and start doing all my Id’s and all going to find out about getting my birth cert changed if possible.

Donna

Anonymous

Once I am done with the transition and start doing all my Id’s and all going to find out about getting my birth cert changed if possible.

Donna

Anonymous

In the identification process (which this is all about), sex is the primary division among all species; chosen by a casual look at the “plumbing”. Mistakes do rarely occur, but until recently, the label was permanent. All other divisions except ethnicity: age,height and weight are variable and cannot be part of a permanent record. As a “permanent” identifier, sex is properly included on a birth certificate.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Hi Bettylou say have the plumbing at the end of year would it be possible to change my sex on my birth cert to my sex now or does it have to be left how it is now.  Guess can prove it to them have the right plumbing for a woman. minus some of the key parts Like ovaries. and all.

Donna

thank I found my answer here gives all the states and requirements to change it or not.

Changing Gender on a Birth Certificate (totallegal.com)

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

The laws/rules are all about the “plumbing” itself, not its functionality. Logic dictates a change in your ID documents, but laws are often in defiance of logic. And your birth certificate remains correct: you were a male at birth, and some jurisdictions could use this as an argument against changing the document. Who knows?

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

Was looking on that site and was saying if had a letter or proof of sex resignment surgery could be changed. IDK guess need to ask my DR about it.  May be alot of red tape. But seems possible.

Donna

Anonymous

Nevermind

I’m very much old school. I believe a child’s identity should be on a birth certificate. Even though I enjoy wearing female clothing, I’ll always class myself as male.
      Elizabeth

Kathleen
      Duchess

I want to say pick one but I’m not sure. Maybe if it was XX or XY not M or F…so controversial…

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I may be out of sorts here but I believe the child should be listed as it’s birth gender. Later if that child decides to change their gender I am all for them and so should everyone else.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

How does one determine the gender of a newborn baby?  Moreover, why would that need to be on a Birth Certificate?

Did you mean sex?

Anonymous

yes sex what meant

Donna

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Donna ,

At birth it should say : Sex at birth : Male or Female.

When the person becomes an adult and want’s to change it ,
      I think it should be made possible to do that without to many problems !

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

Oh I agree Sylvia  in my state just needing a letter showing had the bottom surgery done and pay a fee. Know posted some link where show the states and what required to do. Some states say no way most say able.

Donna

Barb Wire
      Lady

It’s amazing that just a simple thing like “M” or “F” can divide families and communities.

But it can go ohh so deep and divided us!

I fear for so many young school aged children and especially teenagers in high school for being vilified just because in their hearts they are not what they want to be; that they can’t express their true nature and use the bathroom of their choice.

Starbucks got it right with their bathrooms. Each door has M/F on it so anyone can use it, at least here in Canada, and I think in the US too (if memory serves as me and my SO drove from Ontario to the wonderful Carolinas a couple of years ago).

When my children were in kindergarten each class had their own bathroom and any child could use it, boy or girl. The one and only sign on the door read, “Washroom”. They learned at an early age to respect someone’s privacy. It’s always the adults who screw it up for the kids with their antiquated morality!

Most young people I know don’t give a darn about the M/F designation.

Going out for a walk now…

xo Barb

Anonymous

Thankfully went to old school. growing up. Also seen many schools are kinda forcing things on kids let them decide what they want later in life. The ones feeling certain way they can do what it takes. But the others that little confused on things give them room to think. Don’t tell them this is the way. and force gender idienty on a young child.

Just glad live in a state all need is a letter of proof and the fee

Donna

Not exactly sure what’s mean hon.

Are you asking if we should change it, leave it the same or open?

I’d like to change mine but the state I was born it won’t allow it. Which I think is wrong as I haven’t lived there since I was one and was only born there because my dad was stationed there temporarily for training.

Anonymous

By asking my local office to do all this and by researching online I will be allowed to change everything to my fem Name even birth cert. All have to do is show the letter my Dr did that shows had the surgery then of course pay the fees.

Donna

I’m glad so many have that option. It must give tremendous peace of mind.

Anonymous

could be also just the luck of being a state that will honour this choice. believe all states should have the right to do.

Donna

I think it should be the sex at birth but should be able to change it when your older x

Anonymous

Totally agree Samantha so much red tape envolved.

Anonymous

Absolutely!

Anonymous

Yes a racket but if wanting to do it and makes you feel better in the end then I say do it. if can. Know going to get it done once surgery is done and well enough to start filing. If have to they can peek lol.

Donna

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Donna I think your great. You go girl.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Lol, they don’t care what’s under your skirt.  Why would they?  There is no law that says only people with vaginas can be named Donna, haha.  I changed my name years before that, as soon as I went fulltime.

Anonymous

Thank you Liara thank the same towards you to.

Donna

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?