Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Karla Rogers
      Duchess

So, to start with, I’m relatively new to crossdressing.  A topic I could use some help on is wearing a gaff, tucking, both, or neither.

I want to present a smooth front, especially wearing leggings, etc.  I understand that a gaff or tucking is supposed to be essential for that smooth look.  Most times when I read about wearing a gaff though, there is also the mention of tucking, which seems like it would be very uncomfortable.

Since tucking also seems to require using tape, I can see the problems when having to go to a bathroom.  On a personal note, tape can also irritate my skin, so that would be a problem for me.

So I have the following questions for everyone:  Do you feel a gaff is sufficient by itself?  Do you also tuck while wearing a gaff?  Do you tuck without a gaff?  Do you do neither?  What are your suggestions?  What are your experiences?

Thanks ahead for all of your input.

Karla

This is based on my personal experience with gaff and tucking.

Depending on style of clothing you choose, tucking will definitely help to present a smooth finish.

I do have one gaff, and I’ve also tried taping and just straight tucking.  I stopped doing any gaffs/tucking a long time ago, biggest reason is when nature calls, it can be very tricky to retuck everything back in again.  Plus, if you are like me and getting on in age, when nature calls it doesn’t just ring the doorbell once, it is like a fire alarm.  If I tucked with tape, I would have a mess on my hands immediately as there would be no way I’d free everything in time.

BTW, the gaff I bought is now just collecting dust.

I don’t wear leggings or very tight clothing, so for me tucking is not necessary.  A nice panty that has some control plus some shapewear with an opening for the bathroom has been a successful combination for me.  I opted for comfort and ease of bathroom over aesthetics.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Yes Wendy, I can fully sympathize with the nature calls LOL!

Thanks for responding!

Wendy I know just what your saying it’s the same here……..   LOL

Amy Lee
      Lady

There are several options here:

1. Gaff – basically a super tight panty that just sort of smashes everything down

2A. Tape Tuck – This is the one you’ve probably come across.  Moving everything in place, then taping it down so it stays put

2B. “regular” Tuck – This one is the same as the tape tuck, but without  the tape.  Sometimes people use gaffs and/or a pair of tighter panties to hold everything in place.  Requires some adjustment once pulling everything back on after using the bathroom.

3. Glue – Similar to the others, a bit more… long term

the regular tuck is good enough for sort of daily/simple use.  Tape is really only useful if you need to make sure you stay tucked for a longer time and/or you’re wearing really form fitting stuff that you want to be sure won’t move around.

Gaffs can get a bit uncomfortable after awhile from what I understand

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

I’ve never heard of glue!  OMG!

Thanks for responding!

Hmmm, well, I was ‘blessed’ with a rather small set of male parts, so gentle tucking with a snug pair of panties or a thong is all I need in order to present a flat front. I tried a gaff and it was a waste of money.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

That’s part of my conundrum.  Do I want to spend money on a gaff and it not fit right or be too uncomfortable.

Thanks for replying Lauren!

I totally agree with Lauren, although my perspective is similarly limited somewhat by my tiny package. A nice, snug pair of light control panties should be sufficient for smallish girls like me.

Karla Rogers
          Duchess

I have noticed that when I wear control top pantyhose, everything does seem to stay tucked away.

Thanks for responding Melissa!

Hi Karla,Its Michelle.I personally rely upon a snug pair of panties with a maxi pad and a well fitting girdle or high cut shaper to give me a very flat front.There is something about having any kind of tape down there that just does not appeal to me.At my age,if I were taped there,it would be a very difficult thing to handle when nature did call.i wear leggings,jeggings and skinny jeans with no problem at all.I hope this helps and please enjoy your feminine journey.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Hi Michelle,

I completely agree with the issue of taping.  As I stated in my original post, some tapes irritate my skin.  The last lab work I had done, my skin broke out from the tape they used after drawing blood.  Also, I just can’t imagine using duck tape, which I have read that some use.

Thanks for responding!

Hi! If you have decided that you are absolutely going to pursue that “smooth front” look (bravo!), then I guess it is kind of a personal choice whether gaff or tucking works best for you from a long-term comfort standpoint. This shouldn’t be an exercise in masochism – whichever approach you adopt should be one you can operate in comfortably for hours at a stretch. Myself, I tried using a gaff long ago and found it uncomfortable – but, as they say, “others’ mileage may vary.” Then I went to tucking. Yeah, it can feel weird – maybe even a bit uncomfortable – the first few times you do it. But you soon get used it, believe or not (not to boast, but I can go tucked for days now). The canals from which your testes originally descended are still there (or at least they should be), and it really is possible to push them back up there and then bend “Little Willy” back between the legs. There are various ways ways to hold that position – no need to go around all day with one hand in your crotch! – and the method used can sometimes have to do with how you are planning to dress. There are taping methods that will do fine if, say, you are planning to wear a bathing suit and don’t want some undergarment to be showing through. Taping’s cool – I’ve done it a few times – but for all-day comfort I personally find that a good snug (but not TOO tight) control panty brief works splendidly to keep “Willy and the Boys” tucked away all day. Most days you’re likely needing a panty anyway, so this solves both the “tuck retention” and the underwear issues in one swoop. If you go this route, pay attention to the width of the panty’s gusset (the part that runs between the legs). Wider is better here – the wider the gusset, the better retention you can get. Sorry for the ramble – I hope at least some of this helped!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dana Munson. Reason: Typo
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dana Munson.
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dana Munson.
        Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Thank you for the input!  I think I will try the shapewear route first.  Seems like it will be most comfortable.

Karla,

I use a gaff to hold the equipment in place. EnFemmeStyle (one of our supporters here) has very nice panty style gaffs that work well, in my opinion.

Tape is for those individuals with, shall we say, oversize loads that are wearing very tight pants or dresses. I also don’t tape my boobs to get cleavage; that’s rather uncomfortable as well.

You can make a serviceable gaff out of a tube sock and elastic from an old pair of panties. Just cut the elastic off the panty and cut the leg part off the tube sock. Run the elastic through the tube, put a leg down each side and position the sock to hold the bits back and away.

Or, if you really want to go realistic there are vagina gaffs for sale with more realistic features.

PM me if you want to get into more detail.

Leah

Karla Rogers
            Duchess

I’ve considered a home made gaff just as an experiment.  If I used a vagina gaff, it might weird my wife out LOL!

Thanks for your response!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Karla

Most oftenI just don’t bother tucking. For leggings or short shorts, I wear a longer top anyway. If I want to wear a tight skirt or dress though, then I will use a gaff. I tried 2 different sized ones from En-Femme. They recommended getting one size smaller , but it was quite uncomfortable to have on for long so I got a second larger one. I use the tuck method without tape😣, and the gaff holds everything for quite a while.
      We older gals that need quick access when nature calls can just pull the gaff down like a pair of panties, and sit to take care of our urgent needs!😳

💕Lara

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Yes, quick access when it’s time to go to the bathroom is important as you get older  LOL!

Thank for your response!

Hi Karla. The quick access isn’t always possible so my solution is using an incontinence pad for women and I’m happy with that since it just makes me feel more feminine, LOL

The pad also helps in keeping my things tucked backwards and in between, I recommend this way of tucking.

Anonymous
      Lady

I tuck and wear a pair of womens spandex bikini swim bottoms that are a size too small for me and it holds everything in place nicely. When you tuck often it becomes easier to do. No tape, gaff or glue for this girl. I have been intrigued with some silicone panties that have a tube for a male and can be worn even going to the bathroom for number one… anyone try these?

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Thanks Michelle!  I’ll have to check out those silicone panties.

I’ve gotten a pair of those silicone panties you referred to, Michelle. They work great, although getting into position can be a bit of a challenge. They also have the same drawback as silicone chest plates if worn for any length of time – perspiration! So be prepared to use lots of talcum powder when wearing these.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

No way I’m tucking or gaffing or anything like that, too painful. If I wear leggings or a pencil skirt, I wear a tunic or other long top to cover everything. As for dresses, I do not like any tight fitting clothes so my dresses are all somewhat loose which leaves more fabric to cover over things. Also, patterned dresses hide the bulge better than solid colors.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

All of my dresses swing type dresses so no issue there.  Tucking does seem like it would be uncomfortable but I do know that some ladies do it.

I’m glad to get plenty of opinions.  Thanks for your input!

Cece X
        Lady

Thanks for expressing this way, Fiona. I too am creeped out by the idea of tucking or gaffing, so I also prefer covering the bulge with a long top when wearing skinny jeans or leggings. Like you, I believe my skirts and dresses are loose enough to not show unless someone really stares.

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Karla, I’ve been dressing en femme off and on for most of my life, and I’ve never worn tape nor used a gaff. I always tuck, however. I’m fortunate that I can slip my “boys” up inside the canals they dropped from, and when I wear snug panties and most times wear a bladder pad like Poise. I don’t have any fear of anything getting loose even without pantyhose. Sometimes, I’ll wear a thong waist cincher to ensure my tuck stays put, but that can get uncomfortable over a long day, so I reserve it for special outfits or occasions out.

I’ve been curious about the tucking tapes, but I don’t shave everything so I’m reluctant to have to start that in order to use the tape.

If you do just use panties, opt for the stretchy, spandex blend ones. I’ve also heard of a tucking ring you can use with any panty. That might be an option, too.

Hugs,

Brie

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Hi Brie,

The tucking just seems, to me, like it would be uncomfortable.  Also, my wife has concerns about it.  I will probably give the shapewear a try since I noticed before that control top pantyhose did keep everything up and out of the way without extra effort.

Thanks for your input!

For me, neither.  I’m fairly small there, and I don’t really need it.  I wear control top pantyhose and a girdle most days which more than keeps it under wraps.  I never wear pants, and most of my dresses are swing or wrap dresses, but even in a pencil dress it’s never been an issue.

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Hi Stephanie,

Most of my dresses right now are swing type dresses as well.  I do have leggings, jeans and shorts that I want to present a more smooth front.  I have noticed that the control top pantyhose did keep everything out of the way when wearing the dresses.  I’m thinking about trying some shapewear.

Thanks for your input!

I guess I am extremely fortunate when it comes to the size of my ‘parts’, wearing control top panty hose and a pair of tight panties or a thong will do the job and I can actually wear tight yoga pants and have a totally flat front. I know because that’s what I wear every day! When I was younger I was called “muffin butt” and “Thunder thighs” by the bully types, but now, those physical attributes have actually become a great asset when wearing tight pants! 🙂

Cheers ladies,

Lauren M

Check out unclockable dot com

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

It depends upon what I’m wearing and if I’m doing the “smooth front” as you mentioned.

I find the gaffs are not enough alone. A gaff is usually to help keep your tuck, “tucked”…

The gaff is usually a robust undergarment that will keep your stuff where you put it.

I find that tucking isn’t the most comfortable thing to do…but it’s a necessity.

Forgive me if I get this wrong, but it sounds like you haven’t really practiced tucking.

Pushing the testies up into the inguinal canals, pulling the penis back toward the rear, and then keeping it there while you shimmy your gaff up into place… I’ve never needed tape with a gaff to hold my tuck.

Conversely, I’ve never done a tape tuck… I always just used a gaff.  It’s a personal preference really…

There are videos out there that can walk you through the steps…

Good luck!

xoxo

Rayna

Anonymous

Rayna,

I’m able to achieve the exact same thing with a pair of tight panties.

Maybe, perhaps thanks to my lack of endowment, this even works (or maybe is aided) when I wear  skinny jeans or leggings.

As an added bonus, the cotton gusset on most panties also helps with the little drips after visits to the ladies room, IYKWIM.

Much love,

Raquel

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Hi Rayna,

Thanks for your comment.  No I haven’t tried tucking.  To me, it just seems like it would be uncomfortable not to mention my wife has reservations about it.  That’s what led me to posting the inquiry.

Thanks for your input!

Hugs,

Karla

Hi Karla,  I wear a Werner’s Cloud 9 Hipster Panty daily.  If I wear something tight or formfitting like a bandage dress, swimsuit or tights then I also put on a gaff first before the Werner’s.  That smooths everything out and is quite workable for bathroom visits.   I found that getting a gaff is like getting a bra….it takes a while until you find one that just works perfectly for you.  The one that works best for me is the Mesh Front Gaff with Heart Pattern from the Breastform Store and it costs about $20.  It is comfortable and just works the way it should.  I hope that helps you,  Marg

Hi Karla,  I noticed that others here were mentioning pantyhose and that reminded me of an extra tool that I keep in my “got to get dressed fast” kit.  I keep a control pantyhose top in my drawer for the times when I have everything right but just notice a little tiny bump on my front or a color mismatch showing through.  Then I slip these on and everything is just perfect.  I just take a pair of pantyhose that has a perfect control top for me (smooth and with good waist elastic) and cut the legs off at the crotch.  That makes them similar to a panty girdle but with no extra bulk.  Also the sheer nude color doesn’t show through and mess up the color scheme of anything that I’m wearing (like light white pants).  So for me, it’s an easy emergency fix.  Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier but hope it helps.  Marg

Karla Rogers
        Duchess

Thanks Marg for your input.  I will check out the Warners panties

Hugs!

I’m so happy reading that I’m not alone to suffer from urgent nature calls, just be happy we are old women and are allowed to drip some pee in our pads now and then.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

Thanks Celeste!

I’ve been doing the same

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?