Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have two separate questions on dealing with makeup in different situations.  Any advice on either topic is welcome.

First is dealing with contact lenses.  I wear rigid gas permeable (hard) contacts.  Going without is not an option.  I often find that when putting on eye makeup, the contact lens shits in my eye, meaning I now have to clean my hands, recenter the lens, and then touch up the makeup (because I have to hold the eye open to adjust the contact).  I think the eye liner is probably the main culprit.  I try not to push so hard, but I still get some shifting of the lens.  If I go with a liquid liner, the lens is less likely to shift, but then I have the problem when removing the makeup since it is much more difficult to remove liquid eye liner than a pencil/marker type.  If anyone had to deal with this and came up with a solution, please let me know.

The second problem deals with foundation and a runny nose.  It could be because of seasonal allergies, or just walking in cold weather.  I use a tissue and try to dab more than pull on the nostrils, but I notice foundation is still coming off on the tissue.  Again, if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

Anonymous

Maybe applying setting spray after you put on your makeup will help keep your foundation on.

Anonymous

*following*

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That’s always a difficult one regarding the nose and makeup. While we wear masks it takes it off and a runny nose doesn’t help either. You say your runny nose may be a seasonal allergay. I had this issue and I asked my doctor about it. Although I have never thought I suffered an allergy she thought I may have Rhinitis. She recommended I take a hayfever tablet every day. It’s an over the counter medication and it has worked a treat.

I can’t help with the contacts issue.

Most of the time I’m dealing with a slight drip while walking outdoors in cold weather.  I will usually do more of a squeeze and dab rather than a full wipe to minimize the amount of makeup that comes off on the tissue.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Research “baking” your foundation. That may help.

You also may be having a reaction to the makeup you use.

Re the eyeliner. Try getting a very fine brush. Even an artist brush could do. I have some angled flat brushes that work a treat. You can rub your eyeliner on the brush and gently apply to your eyelids. I have hooded eyes, so I only tight line mine.

With the flatbrush you can experiment with eyeshadow. Add a little water to make a paste and add it. Some stay amazingly put once dry. Others become chalky and drop off.

Interestingly I find that Aldi brand eyeshadows work great for this purpose.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?