Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi,

Going out for lunch tomorrow with an old friend from my work days.  I am currently in transition (MTF).  I have been debating whether or not to tell him about this.  I don’t know what the reaction might be.  I don’t know whether the friendship will be lost or whether he would out me to others through gossip and talking.  I have come out to some and do more as I go along.  I, so far, have chosen people I have confidence in who will keep it to themselves and let me out myself as slowly or as quickly as I do.  Anyone else go through the same thing and how did you handle it?  Anyone can answer with their thoughts and opinions.

Anonymous

i say if your are in the process of transitioning that honesty is the best policy!

just be honest with him and if he is a true friend he will understand and stay your friend.

Anonymous

Hi Rachel.

I would just be honest and up front. If you dont mention your transitioning your lying to him and yourself.

I myself told my whole family at a family reunion. I figure this way everyone will know. Plus its all in one day. I never looked back ever since. That was 2003.. Hope all goes well for you….

Hugs sister

💋 Natasha

[postquote quote=380495]
      Look at it this way, since you are transitioning, they are going to find out one way or another.

Better to be honest now or you may lose them regardless.

Good luck.

Hi Rachel, If you feel while sitting  having lunch that you feel strong and the conversation is flexible just let it flow ,within  a moment ,a day ,or even a few weeks  you will know if you have a true life long friend , they are rare. Good luck and my heart is with you PY xx.

Hi,

Thank you all for your comments and advice.  I did tell him at lunch and it turned out to be no big deal.  Nothing in our relationship has changed.  I do believe he will let me come out in my own way.  Turned out to be stress for nothing.  Thank you all again.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?