- July 31, 2020 at 9:49 pm #369303Autumn ValiantParticipantRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 1032Has thanked: 13955 timesBeen thanked: 2322 times
I’m not ready.
Not ready to have “the talk”
Not ready to “go out”
Not ready to meet so many wonderful ladies who have touched my life in ways I never would have imagined possible.
I think of meeting you
I think of giving you a hug
Tears form in my eyes as I think about it
I’ll be ready one day
Because you give me strength
Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Tabitha Tee, Laura Lovett, Sharon Wilts, Evany Evans, Gloria Renee, Jennifer McCrennaugh, Casey Amber Twitchings, Brittney Andrews, Molly, Deborah Sullivan, patty williams, Vanessa Vanreed, Sa•man•tha, Lee Ann Rakers, Stephanie Kennedy, Stephanie Bass, Alice Underwire, Sutekina, Stephanie Flowers, Jenny Thigh High
- August 9, 2020 at 2:01 pm #372414Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 186Has thanked: 426 timesBeen thanked: 602 times
We all go at our own pace and in our own good time.
If it doesn’t feel quite right yet, it probably isn’t. No big deal.
If, on the other hand, you feel almost desperate to get to the next stage, ask yourself what’s stopping you.
There may be a good reason, there may not.
Either way, your choices, your reasons, your time.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 6, 2020 at 10:47 pm #371611Evany EvansParticipantRegistered On: August 6, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
Thanks so, so much Olivia! I’m looking forward to the full experience here after reading the forums as a guest for so long. I thank you so much for the positive reassurance as I am currently quite shy and am slowly becoming comfortable here. I now know that it will come much easier than I though thanks to the encouragement coming for girls like you! Thanks endlessly!
- August 6, 2020 at 10:33 pm #371609Evany EvansParticipantRegistered On: August 6, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
I can honestly understand and relate so much to these words. I must thank you Autumn for speaking of what is the truth for so many of us. I can promise you though, whatever speed you choose to move at, as long as comfort is maintained, those friendships and trust-filled bonds you seek will be become visible for you. Always keep your head held high and never stop hoping, and I promise your wishes will be granted, fully.
- August 6, 2020 at 9:56 pm #371604Jennifer McCrennaughParticipantRegistered On: July 18, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 114Has thanked: 1926 timesBeen thanked: 252 times
- August 2, 2020 at 9:01 am #369734Jill MarshallParticipantRegistered On: June 28, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 83 times
When you do take those steps- and I have only taken a few myself, and then still alone-there is new liberation that awaits. The longer I’ve known this, the less accepting I’ve been that my being should stop at the surface of my skin, or that my thoughts should fall back into my brain, in confident silence. The possibility that anyone who is supposed to love you unconditionally, be it a spouse, parent, lifelong friend, might not accept you, or might ridicule you, is a forbidding boundary of fear and anxiety. I’m not a fighter, I refused to take a chance on that, until it happened on its own. Being married, “The Talk” was the key to everything else. Autumn is entitled to the world beyond her skin and and her thoughts, entitled to exist in the air and light that surround her, and owes no one any explanation for it. Not until I was confronted by that, and had to speak up for it, could I exist beyond rooms, and then beyond walls. I haven’t gone out in public, but reading others’ accounts here certainly is helping me see it as a possibility. Like all the steps we take, at our own pace, in the fullness of time and readiness.
I love daydreaming about meeting in great big group, to celebrate just being. My gosh, I’d be an absolute joyful nervous wreck!!
- August 2, 2020 at 6:24 am #369711patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 1024Has thanked: 1230 timesBeen thanked: 2931 times
You give us all strength and beauty to get through another day with each post you share.
You will do it when you are ready sweetie.
I have only done it once and it was incredible .
I hope to do it again this week as I am on vacation.
Just remember one thing sweetie ,life is very short I am discovering at my age,and we are not guaranteed tomorrow.
Please don’t let it slip through your fingers
- August 2, 2020 at 4:17 am #369682
- August 2, 2020 at 4:01 am #369676Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 538Has thanked: 3035 timesBeen thanked: 1796 times
Hi Autumn When that times comes I am sure you will look and feel lovely. Its only a matter of time now trying to decide your going to do it or not is in your past. Now its Where? and with who? Stay the course You are going in the right direction. Luv Stephanie
- August 1, 2020 at 7:42 pm #369612Stephanie BassParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 559Has thanked: 4069 timesBeen thanked: 1461 times
Hi Autumn you are such a pretty girlfriend of mine and all these girls here who know you .So please take your time and enjoy these baby steps and when you know its right you can step out into the world as a wonderful woman that you are . Love you girlfriend
- August 1, 2020 at 5:14 pm #369602Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 1496Has thanked: 366 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
You know yourself best. You know the risks. You know the rewards. After all, it’s your decision.
You’ll know when the time is right.
Small steps, but you know that.
Hugs my friend,
- August 1, 2020 at 9:02 am #369443ANDREA RAVENParticipantRegistered On: December 21, 2017Topics: 6Replies: 236Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 407 times
When you are ready you will know…….. There is no rush, my advice to all is; Only do what you are really happy with. So if you are not happy or don’t feel you are ready just bide your time until you feel it’s right for you……………
- August 1, 2020 at 7:32 am #369420Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 3919Has thanked: 4888 timesBeen thanked: 5144 times
Slow and easy, everyone is experiencing their own unique paths through life and with all our challenges we must have the courage to move forward but do this within your comfort zone. Self asteam is something that acquires time and any haste to move forward could derail any confinance that has developed putting us back into the closet. It does take time, just look ahead and move when your ready…🌷
- August 1, 2020 at 6:33 am #369399SerenParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 311Has thanked: 2653 timesBeen thanked: 1317 times
Beautiful Autumn, it doesn’t matter if it’s today, or tomorrow, or next Thursday week, we’re all here for you. When you’re ready
- August 1, 2020 at 5:23 am #369381Molly LaceParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 83Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
I think you have to go at your own pass. I cannot count times I’ve gotten all dressed to walk outside and not left the front door. I have an ex girlfriend I have been wanting to tell that I crossdress and I’m sure she would be ok with it but I still haven’t told her.
It would be nice to a friend that knows and likes my secret.
- August 1, 2020 at 4:14 am #369359Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 330Has thanked: 1105 timesBeen thanked: 1415 times
- I do not know if I am just emotional this morning or what, but a tear ( happy ) came to my eye reading your post. Damn. But ” no ” is such a negative word. How about Ready … Set … Not yet! Let all of us join hands and walk forward together, step by step. Nothing in life I would love more than to meet my CDH friends and embrace them in a warm hug, though I would probably start crying with happiness. All journeys have an end, and yours will come too! You are beautiful Autumn.
- August 1, 2020 at 2:35 am #369350Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 288Has thanked: 1051 timesBeen thanked: 1256 times
I am moving very slowly these days. An inch at a time. I also have gratitude for all the wonderful gals here! It has brought a new level of happiness into my life, during some very depressing times.
When we are busy at work and I feel rushed, one of my co-workers always says “slow and steady wins the race.” I know this isn’t a race, but I like that statement and think of it often.
- July 31, 2020 at 11:33 pm #369319Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 32Replies: 1373Has thanked: 5324 timesBeen thanked: 2878 times
Everybody needs to follow their own path and pace, rushing into something you’re not ready or prepared for has likely not worked for anyrhing else you’ve done in life, so why qould something as big as this be any different.
We’ll still be here for the hugs when you’re beautiful season comes to be.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.