- October 6, 2020 at 12:32 pm #391090Alicen ThairmsParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 31Replies: 307Has thanked: 1087 timesBeen thanked: 690 times
Recently I’ve been able to start my regular weekly ‘girl shop’ again; admittedly in man-mode but I still have a great time browsing for clothes and accessories. I buy most of my clothes in local charity shops, very rarely do items in my size (UK 24) turn up but I have had some lucky finds in the last couple of weeks.
First up was a lovely Fiorelli grey croc handbag with shoulder strap – just what I wanted to use with my best outfits, on the same trip a lovely light blue cardigan and a black blazer. A week later I found a super midi length red dress embroidered with floral designs in a silver thread. I can’t wait to see what I find when I’m out next time 🙂
Whats been your best buy recently ?
- October 7, 2020 at 12:16 pm #391542
- October 7, 2020 at 8:42 am #391435Mary Ann SummersParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 101Has thanked: 272 timesBeen thanked: 716 times
- October 7, 2020 at 5:55 am #391357Katie PetersParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 32Has thanked: 181 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
- October 7, 2020 at 2:30 am #391314Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 346Has thanked: 3761 timesBeen thanked: 1342 times
- October 7, 2020 at 6:46 am #391372Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 571Has thanked: 3239 timesBeen thanked: 2920 times
- October 7, 2020 at 10:13 am #391490Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 346Has thanked: 3761 timesBeen thanked: 1342 times
- October 7, 2020 at 2:18 am #391313SerenParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 413Has thanked: 3570 timesBeen thanked: 1888 times
I’ve not got a great selection of charity shops here, but I have found an amazing online s/h shop, where I got a couple of cute dresses and some other girl things for cheap. I also picked up some beautiful timberland boots off eBay (the aforementioned s/h shop had same, but a bit too small… search eBay, find next size up, vgc…. ~40£ 🥳)
- October 7, 2020 at 2:01 am #391312EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 16Replies: 583Has thanked: 3075 timesBeen thanked: 1519 times
I bought an adorable light grey, short sleeve, cowl neck sweater dress at a thrift shop for $5! It’s a bit shorter than my usual style but looks great with black tights.
- October 7, 2020 at 12:54 am #391308ParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 571Has thanked: 3239 timesBeen thanked: 2920 times
Hi Alice…good question, after all we do like a bargain !!
I recently bought a sheer chiffon leopard print scarf from a charity shop…for £2.50….it still had the original shop tag on it….well I had to, didn’t I. ??
Happy shopping girls…grace xx
- October 6, 2020 at 5:10 pm #391205Natalie MooreParticipantRegistered On: June 3, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 41Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 309 times
I bought a pair of knee high leather boots on clearance this summer for $10! I believe they were like 80% off. They’re very comfortable boots and now I’m wearing them more often as there in season for the fall.
- October 6, 2020 at 2:52 pm #391143Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 412Has thanked: 1151 timesBeen thanked: 1973 times
I recently bought a stunning knee length sequined dress with a lovely gold trim, and the cutest nude/pink biker jacket from eBay, each less than £10 and in perfect condition.
Looking forward to wearing those on Saturday – yay!
- October 6, 2020 at 2:52 pm #391142Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 359Has thanked: 1436 timesBeen thanked: 1224 times
- October 6, 2020 at 2:31 pm #391130ParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 346Has thanked: 3761 timesBeen thanked: 1342 times
- October 6, 2020 at 1:24 pm #391112Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 261Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
I still buy on line; but my recent purchases were :
– amazon, a The Finals racing swimsuit and a Yingfa racing swimsuit.
– Le Chateau, I had a code that provided $25 off from a $50 purchase, so I bought 5 skirts and a top. Unfortunately, they ran out of the size for the top so they only sent me the 5 skirts. Averaged about $10.50/skirt, including the coupon code, so it was a really good deal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.