Tagged: ,

• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I recently purchased from Marks & Spencer and also from Ann Summers some Hold-ups and when I put them on to wear them, I discovered that the top section is extremely large / wide and doesn’t keep gripped to the top of my thighs, they slip down and are completely useless. Sadly the packets had to be broken open when opening so I cannot return them for a refund. Previous purchases have always fitted me well and have stayed up. Has anyone discovered a similar problem with recent purchases? I am thinking that the manufacurers are cutting down with costs. Maybe someone has been able to buy hold ups that actually do hold up, if so where did you buy them?

I purchase all my stockings from Secrets in Lace. They have a wide selection of hosiery including fully fashioned stockings, pantyhose, and thigh high hold ups. They also carry a full line of vintage style lingerie. I purchase some lovely lace top thigh highs from them that have a wide silicone band at the top and I have never had any issues with them sliding down even after multiple wearing and washings. You just need to make sure you purchase the correct size. Having shaved legs helps as well.

Hugs,

Emily

Expensive but some really good stuff. I have had little luck with so-called stay-ups and prefer garter belt and stockings.

Araminta.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have found that Berkshire All Day Sheer thigh high stocking hold really well and last quite a long time. The color City Beige is my favorite and of all the colors work best at staying up. The black stockings have the least amount of hold. When I have a pair of stockings that have lost their grip or a little too large for my thighs I use garter belts to hold them up with 6 strap working the best.

J J
      Lady

Yes, I have found some stockings stay up better then others. I suspect it is a quality control issue. Theoretically, you could return them since they are defective, but is it worth the trouble? Garters work with hold ups as well. Also make sure your legs are clean, dry and any moisturizer is well soaked in as all can affect hold ups.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My experience with most brands is hit or miss. I can attest that Solidea holdups stay put.  They’re also durable.  I’ve read that Wolford holdups are equally good.  Both those brands are pricey however.  This may be one of those cases where you get what you pay for.  I’ll gladly pay more for a high quality product that doesn’t have to be replaced often.

/EA

I have had good and bad luck with everything.  I then found sheertek. They don’t run, and they stay up.  I am at 20 wears and are as good as new. They are very expensive, but a a cost per wear, they have been the best investment I have made.

I got one wear out of the Victoria secret ones, I get 2 wears out od secret.

Paula

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Paula Here. Reason: SHEERTEK
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Never had much luck with ’em. Inevitably ended up using a suspender belt to hold them up. Then the elastic in the stocking welt interfered with the suspender belt tabs and made it hard to attach them.

Dont purchase them anymore. At least not intentionally,

Caty.

Be certain to scroll down when taking a tip from @paulahere, I almost ended up shopping for Sheetrock!

A pair of holdups my mom wore in a show and discarded were an early venture into Crossdressing for me — and my only good experience with them.

I like the all-in-ones where the stockings mutate into a garter belt once they pass your thighs. (There’s probably a formal name for them that I don’t know.) I have a nice pair of fishnets in that style.

I also have a nice strappy garter belt. The ones where a band cinches around the stocking rather than using clips. That style works really well with holdups.

Hi Alison dont just throw them out you could try to sew them a little on the back seam as i have done to tighten them up a bit just sew the stayup elastic band just a little it really does work turn the seam out when sewing so that what you sew is outside and wont itch your leg and wont be seen back there well maybe some one will see them he he good luck girl just a thought ..

Stephanie

I quit buying stay-ups or hold-ups years ago because they just don’t. I have tried numerous brands including pricey Secrets in Lace none of them work.
      For the most part, these days as I prefer wearing fully fashioned or RHT stockings, I only wear them with an 8-strap garter belt. Once you feel that divine tugging you will wonder what you have been doing wrong for so many years.
      I used to be a huge fan of Secrets in Lace but these days they are quite a rip-off. I bought two pairs of $15.99 stockings and by the time they landed at my doors, they cost $79.00.
      Now I buy all my stockings from either Amazon or a company called Shapings.com They are a great source for Cervin stockings which are a dream to wear as are Transparanza.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I have found that Commando will stay up if your legs are haie free. Alos roll on Jobs (a body glue) will last all day.

Anonymous

Hi Alison,

Yep, me too. I’d given up on them. But thanks, ladies, for all your tips.

eM xxx

I use donning gloves when I put on tights and stockings. They provide a lot more traction and prevent any snags from fingernails. Hold Ups benefit greatly from dry hands and legs. Any skin oils hurt the grip of the Hold Ups. The donning gloves help in that respect also.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Alison
      Whilst I like the idea of Hold Ups I gave up on them after trying a couple of pairs that would not stay up a couple of years ago.
      Rachel

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?