Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

<p style=”text-align: left;”><i>Withe the holidays coming, I for one know What I will be doing. Alot of cooking! I love to dive in to my grandmothers many assortments of recipes; from baked goods that I have been enjoying my whole life, to the green bean casserole or candied yams that are staples at the holiday feast..</i></p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Looking forward to sharing many wonderful ideas with everybody.. I love to try international cuisine also so I welcome all of ypu to post a favorite meal…</p>

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Ok you asked me!  I mainly eat peanut butter-easy to “prepare”  and I just LOVE the taste!  Have eaten it as main food for 40+ of my 50 years! If I am gonna obsess about one food there are worse ones to do so on! Also love McDonalds fries, pretzels and green grapes!

Cyn

Anonymous

One of my favorite recipes is something fast and easy. My family loves it, its goulash. Take some ground beef about two pounds and brown in a skillet. add liquid smoke to the meat you add it to taste. while the meat is cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add just enough salt to the water before it starts to boil to lightly cover the bottom of the pot. once a good boil is reached add the pasta. add however much you want to feed however many people you are feeding. Once the pasta is done drain it don’t rinse it. Add a good helping of butter to the pasta along with the browned meat followed by on can of stewed tomatoes and one can of Italian seasoned tomatoes and enjoy. I know when i make it i have to make two large pots of it and there are never any left over.

Well, here’s a topic that I am passionate about. In the last week, I’ve made pasta alla carbanara (traditional style). 3 turkeys for Thanksgiving, & all the trimmings. Having spent the last 34 years in the kitchens of local restaraunts, there isn’t much I won’t try.
      I am a pitmaster also, you want Barbecue, we’ve got it!!! Everything but Peanut butter, sorry Cynthia.

My specialty and favorite thing in the kitchen to make is an awesome medium hot minor contest level winning Chile.

Other than that give me a grill and I am on it. We get half a cow, yes half a cow each year from the local butcher. Steaks are my #1 thing that I rock, add a baked potato and salad and I am a happy camper. But let me do Shish kabob’s and I can will give you marinated mouth watering cubed steak with any veggies you want, I have done just about all of them (secret here is grill wok)!!! Heck chicken, burgers, dog…I will do them all 12 months a year. Yes, Grilling in 10 degree weather in February is tricky, but grill marks are better than stove top any day.

As for shows… I am a Huge Top Chef fan, my wife is a Chopped, Cut Throat Kitchen. Then there is Diner’s, Drive in’s and Dive’s, the family are nuts so much we vacationed from MD to Vancouver and went to one of the restaurants on the show!

To good Eating!!

Codille

Codille,
        You & I are going to have to trade recipes someday. We’ve placed in Ribs, & brisket in competition. My 3 grills are cooking year round.

Jessica

Anonymous

My two signature favorites are Hungarian Cream Chicken and Hungarian Stew. Both are great on cold days served on a bed of rice or noodles.

My grandfather was a chef and taught me to cook before he passed on. He also taught me how to make stuffed peppers and our traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe.

Man I would make someone a good wife !!! I do laundry and mop also.

Best Wishes.
      Joanna R.

Love the holidays – Thanksgiving Turkey, stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, buttermilk garlic mashed potatoes, minced meat pie, pumpkin pie – I brine the turkey the night before and my daughters come over and we cook all day – Love it.
      Christmas Eve is my other major family dinner event. Prime Rib – I’m talking prime $17.99/lb prime, buttermilk garlic mashed potatoes, roasted green beans in garlic and pine nut pesto. My Christmas gift to my kids
      On other occasions I smoke baby back ribs, pork but for pulled pork, and sometimes St Louis ribs. Make my own BBQ sauce with Jack Daniels.

I cook most days and love to experiment

Hello ladies,

Ran across a very healthy & yummy  roasted tomato basil pasta dish!

What you need,

1 pint cherry tomatoes halved

1 head garlc cut in 1/2

1 onion halved, then halved again.

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar,

2 tbsp olive oil.

Put all ingredients into a roast pan shake salt and pepper.

Roast for 45-1 hr @ 400° f

Boil some penne,

When veggies are roasted,  squeeze garlic (careful its hot) into the vegie pan, remove skins and mush!!

Add 1-2 ladels of pasta water, drain pasta add to mush add parmesain cheese, wee bit of salt & pepper, put torn basil onto pasta, give it a tiss and serve!!!

I use whole wheat penne. Yummy, great for the figure and its heart healthy!”

Hugs & happy eating!

Cookie

My first attempt at Coconut Cream Pie.
      My wife hates coconut so I never used it in cooking, it also meant that there was hardly every any coconut in the house.
      When my wife moved out, I took the opportunity to finally make me a pie. Coconut Cream is my favorite.
      Of course when I went shopping for ingredients, I bought unsweetened coconut flakes. Did some research and found out how to sweeten it. I was amazed on how easy it was, but it delayed my pie one day to get the flakes sweetened

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

At the moment, this crazy Irish Lass is residing in a Residence inn, until I close on the new house. Putting a meal on the table with a 2 burner stove, no oven is getting tricky.

I found a recipe for pizza, cooked in a black iron pan, on the stove top. Will make again and share some photos!!!

Wow. Food is great topic. Everyone has to eat! I like almost all cultures food. Have found a few dishes I love in each. My latest thing is Asian and Indian dishes. I like most ALL Thai food I’ve had. Love Korean BBQ and ba bim bop and aktagawa.
      Sushi rocks! Love most spicy Chinese food.
      I love what Indian restaurants do with their veggies. Very tasty!

Also like Cuban black bean soup. Greek grilled baby octopus. Mediterranean falafel.

German, Italian, and Polish. My Heritage.

List is pretty much endless and being added to as I explore more.

Hugs
      Donna

Welcome to the party Donna, although I do have to say I don’t much care for Asian or Indian food. I love Italian even though my heritage is Brazilian, well half of it. Not a lot of influence on that side growing up as I think most emigrants of that era were more focused on their Americanization.

Well, with food being my passion I came up with something to do with all of those pesky Thanksgiving leftovers. Get yourself some freezer frozen puff pastries. Take out two sheets cut them in half and 1 tablespoon of everything that you had on your dinner table turkey diced mashed potatoes sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts chopped up cranberry sauce gravy you name it put it in there ball it up like a triangle. Stick it in the oven that you preheat to 425 degrees and bake 12 to 15 minutes amazing little dinner.

Hoped you might enjoy this, cookie. 🙂

Ok,

Apple Pie in a Black Iron Pan, Grilled.

10 assorted apples, cored and sliced in 1/” half moons.

.5 cup granulated sugar.

.25 cup light brown sugar.

3 tblspn flour.

1.5 tspn cinamin.

1.5 tspn ground nutmeg

Squeeze of fresh lemon.

.5 cup craisins or raisans, or currants.

Mix all ingredients, place in pie crust lined Cast iron pan, cover top with pie crust. Poke vent holes.

Set grill for indirect cooking 350°F 35-45 minutes, rotate, cook additional 30 minutes.

Rest for 1/2 hour, serve with cream.

Anonymous

2016_all the arts music movies tv and more: Christina original post: 

<p style=”text-align: left;”><i>Withe the holidays coming, I for one know What I will be doing. Alot of cooking! I love to dive in to my grandmothers many assortments of recipes; from baked goods that I have been enjoying my whole life, to the green bean casserole or candied yams that are staples at the holiday feast..</i></p>

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Looking forward to sharing many wonderful ideas with everybody.. I love to try international cuisine also so I welcome all of ypu to post a favorite meal…</p>

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?