Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies,

Any suggestions on makeup removal. I am using Simple, Kind to skin, non alcohol based cleansing wipes and I am finding that my skin ends up dry, sore and feeling raw after use. I do tend to be quite aggressive with the removal as I cannot leave any shred of makeup on my face, as I don’t need others asking awkward questions. I am especially sore and quite raw around the eyes. It also makes my 50 year old eye bags look worse than what they are.  Would love some advice please.

Sally.

Anonymous

Hello Sally …

I have been using Garnier Micellar cleansing water ….it gets everything off and cleanses and soothes too…..cannot fault it.

Grace x

Thanks Grace, sounds really soothing.

cheers,

Sally

xx

I use nivea facial/make up removal wipes.  It does a decent job of removing most of the makeup.  Afterwards, I then use neutrogena facial scrub which removes all remanants of makeup and it also moisturizes my face.

Do not forget the all important after make-up removal skin care. Rinse your face with water to dilute the chemical residue left by the make-up removal wipe. Using a facial moisturizer will also reduce the dryness, soreness, and raw feeling around your eyes.

Anonymous
      Lady

Get some Neutrogena makeup wipes. They work great for me and will take off most all types of makeup. Wipe and don’t scrub too hard. After removing your makeup be sure to wash your face and moisturize.

I once had some cheap light pink lipstick that would not come off easily. I scrubbed and scrubbed my lips until I couldn’t tell if there was still some lipstick left or if it was just my raw lip color… lol

Omg, that’s probably what I’m doing.

Thanks Sally
        xx

Thank you all so much for the advice, I really appreciate it, I am so very new to makeup.

Sally 💕

Anonymous

Hi Sally
      Ive used the make up wipes, make up remover, but I found what works best for me is just good ol’ soapy water. No rag to irritate the skin. I just wet my face, lather up two handfuls of soap and wash and my face gemtly with my soapy hands, then rinse. If I have any stubborn spots or spots I don’t want soapy water around, like over my eyes, I wet a soft cloth with baby oil and wipe that area. It removes the make up and leaves the skin moist and soft.

Chelly

Hi Chelly,

does baby remove eyeliner?

Sally

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Sally,
          Yes it will.

Chelly.

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I use neutrogena makeup wipes. Clean up takes a long time for me as I am fairly new as well.

Hey Mia,

Yes I find this part of my transition back very stressful. I usually leave it until the last minute to be Sally as long as possible and then stress about removing all the evidence

Sally

xxx

Anonymous

HI Sally i use just soap and water then Lancom from paris   .love your photos hon   Jackie

Thanks Jackie and thanks for the kind words on my photos

Sally

xx

This is from a make article I wrote, hope that it helps you…

Aftermath: So we NEVER sleep in our makeup ladies….EVER! 

Removal, I start with removing the fake lashes first. Next, make-up removal wipes to remove the bulk of it. After that, I use round cotton pads with miceller water. Once everything is pretty much gone I finish with “take the day off” to totally remove the makeup. Now that you have all that makeup off, use a nice face cream to protect that pretty face of yours.  (Product: Neutrogena: Ultra-Soft Makeup Remover Wipes for Waterproof Makeup/Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water/ Clinique: Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips) 

Wow, Samantha, so detailed…thank you so much. I do have trouble the most with eyeliner and glue from the lashes.

Sally

xxx

Anonymous

I use Pond’s deep cleanser & makeup remover; spread a little bit all over my face, then wipe it off with a paper towel or washcloth. I do follow-up with soap and water, just to be sure (and when I don’t forget, moisturizer)

Bettylou

Hi Bettylou, yes a good moisturizer is what I need to get as well.

thanks,

Sally

Anonymous

It definitely helps, Sally; Now, if I can just remember to make it part of my regular bedtime routine…..

Hugs,

Bettylou

Anonymous
        Lady

Yep Ponds is a good product too.

Anonymous

It’s the brand my wife uses, and I like how well it works and how easy it is to use.

There’s very few things in life I’m brand specific on. Ketchup must be Heinz, steak sauce must be A1, and makeup removal wipes must be Neutrogena. And, yes, I go through many because, I too, must remove every last drop. Depending on the time of day, I follow up with either my day or night moisturizer (both also from Neutrogena).

Thanks Elise. Yes that brand gets mentioned a lot. I believe it’s the brand my SO uses as well but I don’t discuss those matters with her 😳

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I rarely need to use anything stronger than micellar water.  It works on everything, and leaves my skin cleansed and moisturized.  No need to rinse.

Here’s a little more info: https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-micellar-waters

Hey Emily,

I got myself some yesterday – Garnier. Now hopefully a chance to wear makeup and test it out. I also got myself a neutrogena moisturizer and I am now applying morning and night, I have to hide this in one of my secret stashes too. So excited with all these new products. Thanks to everyone

❤️

Garnier micellar water is good. They have different kinds for different types of makeup. They have one specifically for waterproof makeup which is great because WP makeup can be so hard to get off. I have also used Neutrogena face wash. I have even used whatever makeup removal wipes I find at the beauty store

Hi Quinetta,

yes I have placed that in my routine as well. I’m going to try most of the things you lovely ladies have said.

thank you,

Sally

xxx

Tonya Johnson
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Sslly. My preference is to use Neutrogena wipes to remove my makeup.

Tonya

Hi Tonya,

Yes I purchased some of those today as well. They seem to be more sensitive on the skin

thanks,

Sally

xxx

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I use Baby Oil. it takes off everything and is not irritating in any way. Coconut oil works well too.

Hey Gen,

ok, this stuff sounds great, I will try this

Sally
      xx

Hey Gen,

tried this afternoon, fantastic. So soft and gentle.

thanks,

Sally

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?