Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I wrote this back in fall 2015 about my first time being seen out while dressed-no interaction but a frightening yet exciting experience. Thought I’d share it for our newer members. What a difference seven years has made, lol. For anyone who thinks they can’t do it, I hope this gives hope tthat it IS possible to overcome those fears.

Keys are the key!

I have season tickets to Virginia Tech football games and a friend and I usually go to them together-but on THIS occasion, something came up and he couldn’t go so I went by myself. On a whim (though I did THINK about it for a while) I decided that I would bring along an outfit for Cynthia and after the game was over and I was preparing to drive back home, I would change into the outfit and let Cynthia drive home the 200 plus miles from Blacksburg to Richmond.

It was a great game(we crushed Furman) and it ended at about 630PM-not dark yet and didn’t want to get caught in traffic jam so I walked around town a little bit and got something to eat and returned to my car. There were still people postgame tailgating so I didn’t have the privacy I needed there so I drove around and found a shopping center parking garage with almost no cars in it, pulled in and began to change into my outfit. It was dark with only a bare minimum of light but I managed to get changed into my bra and breastforms,3″ pumps, my LBD and black sheer tights(I had stopped into Kroger and bought those before finding the parking garage-thank you self-checkout!). Then I brushed out my wig and put it on and did the best i could with my makeup in the minimal light. I then stepped out of my car and took some pictures and a short video walking around the parking deck near my car (while keeping an eye out for anyone approaching-fortunately no one did!). Then it was off to Richmond! I knew I was going to have to get gas and so i stopped just north of Roanoke and pulled up to the gas pump furthest away from the store. There were other customers but not too close by. After it started pumping i sat back in the car while it pumped and when it finished I pu the cap back on and got back int to resume my drive home.

So here is where the panic sets in! As I went to try and start the car, I realized I couldn’t find the car key. The car was kind of messy and full of stuff and i searched frantically for the keys to no avail! Meanwhile a pickup truck had puled up just twenty feet away from the pump and was just sitting there with no one seeming to get out. All sorts of thoughts went through my head about why they might be sitting there-had they seen me and figured out that I was crossdressed? Would they(or someone in the store itself) wonder why the lady who had finished pumping her gas was just sitting in her car by the pump for over five minutes? I had locked the car door but feared that someone would come up and knock on the window. Fear gripped my heart as I thought I MIGHT have to go inside and ask someone to help me find my keys or even that somehow the police would get involved. Then someone got out of the truck and walked their dog into the nearby grass to relieve itself. Finally I thought that MAYBE I had dropped he keys OUTSIDE the car when I got out to pump the gas. Slowly opening the driver’s door and with an eye on the person walking their dog, I stepped out, looked down, and rejoiced as I saw the car keys on the ground near the rear left passenger door. Grabbing them I hopped back into the car, started it quickly and drove away as fast as I could without squealing tires! I had been hungry earlier and had even had a tiny thought of going through a drive-thru at MCDonalds while dressed but all thoughts of that vanished along with my hunger after my experience at the gas station!

So that’s MY story of first time out while dressed completely and being seen by others. I lived through it (though I had my doubts at the time!) so you can too! Share your story here so others who might want to leave he confines of their hoe but are concerned about how things might go can be encouraged to take the leap.

Most importantly-ALWAYS know where your keys are!

Cyn

Claire Claire
      Duchess

Just last week i had the courage and confidence to go out wearing light make up. Leggings and a tight sports jacket. I didn’t wear a wig. I didn’t shave and i wore no jewelry. I was clearly seen as man wearing female clothes. I was nervous and afraid to be seen as a perv or been seen as a weirdo. To my surprise nobody stared at me or made fun of me. First i went to a thrift store and tried some clothes. I was treated by the staff and customers just as a regular person. No difference from any other customer there.
      I chose the clothes i wanted and paid for them. No issues whatsoever at the counter.
      I jumped into my truck and headed to a supermarket to buy milk and apples for my daughter. At the store it was like i was a ghost. Nobody stared at me or gave me weird looks. The people i ran into walking through the aisles smiled at me. All my fears and worries were just in my mind. I’m proud to live in Vancouver where society is more accepting and open minded. I have no fears or shame anymore as i have been seen as any other person. I wish your experience was as beautiful as i experienced.
      I wish you all the best

Good for you, Claire! Thank you for sharing.  Vancouver sounds like a great place.

Hugs, Jill

Wonderful story, Cynthia! Thank you for sharing it. I could feel my own heart skipping a beat or two as I read about your keys being missing and thinking for sure that someone was going to come speak to you. I damn near panicked for you! 😂 . I’m so glad it all worked out for you though.

Hugs, Jill

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh gosh Cynthia I remember my first trips out. They were short walks in the dark from home and so scary. It took many times standing behind the door and then aborting if a leaf scuttled across the road in the wind scaring me. Finally I got out and was so tense as if I passed anyone I had those thoughts, ‘Did they notice’?  I started to gain confidence and on another foray I was walking along and a car suddenly came up and stopped near me. In a panic I diverted away and in my rush failed to see a low picket fence and tripped over it landing in a heap, I quickly got up and hobbled away quickly. My hose was shredded and shins scraped but the wig stayed put. What must  I have looked like if they saw?

I suppose it is something we all fear but in reality nothing really happens and as I sit many years later stories like yours make me chuckle as I know what it was like.

Hi Cynthia wonderful story about your first outing sory about the escapeee keys ha ha .. Well girlfriend you know of my first outing as Stephanie as you were there at Keystone this year .. My wife and I discussed this early and decided this was going to be Stephanies first outing from our home into the world and what an outing it was.. My wife in hand and meeting my first wonderful girlfriend Here on CDH mrs Stephanie Flowers there with her wife what a wonderful experiance it was .. Girls if you have never been to Keystone its a place to put on your bucket list you will not regret it .. Thank you Cynthia for our hallway chat sitting in the hall there and chatting  like the girls we are was another highlight of the trip.. Big hugs girlfriend and hopes to see you there again in 2023 as our as my wifes and Stephanies plans are to be there again yes wife enjoyed it very much as many ladies were so nice to my wife she had a wonderful time there .. As we got home back to Montana she was allready planning to go back in 2023 even if i couldnt get off work she would go by her self  Ha Ha she was serious  hugs again Cynthia hope to see you there again ..

Stephanie Bass

Cynthia –

I can empathize with the moment of panic! A few years ago, I had a business trip to Florida. I packed all of ‘Rachel’s’ things in my suitcase and off I went. Checked into the hotel and as I had the balance of the day to myself set about changing and doing my makeup. I went out for a drive and a lovely afternoon and evening with no encounters that would spoil my mood. I arrived back at the hotel and went to my room where my encoded card room key refused to unlock the door. Instant panic. I tried several times to no avail and figured I was going to have to go to the front desk for an uncomfortable encounter and tried one last time. Crisis averted, the green light came on and the door unlocked, no pending encounter with front desk staff. Still it was a tense moment, and while I know I did nothing ‘wrong’, it was one of those times I would not like to repeat. I think it would have been easier if I had friends with me (always more support in numbers), but haven’t really made any real life contacts with others as Rachel.

Rachel

Hi Cynthia
      Loved reading about your first outing obviously tense for but exciting as well, I always planned my first visit was to my mothers grave. I always thought she knew about me but never asked, so all dressed and made up flowers in hand off I went. I arrived walked into the cemetary people everywhere and following me in, so I carried on spent time graveside people passed by saw more people on leaving nobody even looked. Since then been totally relaxed about going out, still haven’t been shopping yet but you never know.
      xxx

J J
      Lady

As mentioned here time and time again, the world keeps on turning even if we go out in public dressed to what ever level we choose. Good for all you girls who got up the courage to go out and have a good time and for telling your stories for others to hear and be encouraged by.

What year was that?  You have me thinking deeply and trying to determine when I was first seen.  I bought my first outfit at Roses in Blacksburg and would wear it out on my balcony at night with no lights on when my roommate went home for weekends.  I was not “seen” per se although some saw a figure in the dark smoking.  There was such a stretch from being seen to interacting slightly to full interaction.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

It was fall 2015. I remember it like it was yesterday lol.
        Cyn

This was such a great read. Thank you for this. It made me smile and chuckle, as while I was reading it, I felt it and visualized it every step of the way. So relatable.

My first time I went to town about a hour after dark and walked on the sidewalk on Main Street. Nervous as I could be. Then went to the grocery and bought some simple items. So nervous my legs were shaking. I could never quit exploring after that.

I know how you felt girl! Been through those same moments!

R.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?