Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies! I’ve missed you, and I am glad to be back posting with the group. I needed to heal from my gallbladder surgery, attack some anxiety issues, and try to find the right combo of bp meds because my bp is too high, and still haven’t figured that one out to my liking yet. Making a big move from Florida to Wisconsin in 3 weeks, and hope to get further help for my medical issues, as well as re-find myself.

I have been working hard to help myself, by walking every day (I had been sedentary for years), and eating a VERY healthy, low sodium, low carb, high fiber, high potassium and protein diet. I’ve lost 70 lbs in under 5 months and still going strong. I made the decision I would do whatever it it takes to avoid a major medical issue, and have stuck to my plan. I know I always said that if my last attempt to transition had to stop for whatever reason, I would never try again. My wife told me tonight, “you know you should never say never, maybe you will want to try again when you’re ready.” I know I have to get the bp down to where it needs to be with meds that don’t make me feel horrible. That is job one. Continuing to lose weight should help with this, plus help fend off other possible health woes. Plus, 6’ 249 lbs looks much better than 6’ 319 lbs. And I plan to get below 200 lbs, even 180 as a really tough goal.

Once I’m in a good place in the health respect, I am not ruling out trying to transition again. The difference will be that if I do it, I am going to go slow, go through proper counseling, make sure all of my health ducks are in a row, and take it slow. I was probably allowed too easy of access to the meds and an aggressive transition plan when I tried before. Although I was ecstatic to be given the opportunity to dive right in, in retrospect, I was far too careless about my health numbers, and I feel enlightened and know that there are things I need to do if I ever have a hope to successfully transition. If I can, health-wise, I may meet with an endo about starting up again. If I can’t control my bp or cannot lose more weight, I’m not even going to think about it.

Aside from all that, I plan to start dressing again. I haven’t since pre-gallbladder surgery. I want to put on makeup, to don a dress and stockings, heels, and a wig. I still feel like I am least 50% woman, and probably more, and I’d like to get back into that mindset of being more lady-like, and not so constantly worried about my health that nothing else gets my attention. I want to wear leggings and a spaghetti strap top while pedaling on my exercise bike. I’m at least ready to do that much again. Moving back home with this new resolve means anything is possible. Sorry for the literal book, if you made it all the way through this, thank you so much, and kisses to you!! 😘😘

Welcome back, Beth! Well done on your diet and weight loss plan. I know i need to lose weight, but I just can’t seem to manage it. I’m sure you’re being very wise about making certain of your overall health before trying to transition again, as there’s just no successful path of your body is in a bad way to start with. I hope going home will help you in your goals.

Be well,

Bridgette

Thanks for the kind words, Bridgette, and yes, I have learned so much in the last 2 months, and gained a sense of mortality. Health and well-being must be in line or any attempt to transition cannot be successful.

Anonymous

Welcome back  Beth..!!!!

Firstly, it’s great you are back among us…

I’m so glad you’re surgery has healed….and well done on your weight loss, you have obviously done a great deal of thinking in your absence…and apart from the BP problem, you sure have got yourself organised!!!

Obviously you have been concentrating on what’s important, and your health and well being is vital if you are to become the person you want to be…

I’m am positive that once you start dressing and getting the feel of ” Beth” about the place again, you will feel even better…..leggings and spaghetti top…mmmm, it’s a welcome start!!!

It’s nice to have you back where you belong…

Grace ❤️

Great to see you again, Grace, and thanks so much! Yes, health is everything. Everything else happily follows.

Anonymous

Hi Beth,

Don’t apologize for writing a book. I loved reading all your thoughts! I wish you all the luck in the world girl!

Hugs,

Eva

Welcome home, Beth, and so glad to hear you are doing well, and on the right road, and the weightloss? wow, good for you.
      So happy to see and hear your news
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Hi Regine, thanks so much! Glad to be back and working on my health. Whether or not I ultimately transition, I am feeling positive about working honestly on my health.

It’s great to hear things are heading in the right direction. Detours are inevitable but even going around in circles is better than standing still!

Hello Beth and welcome back.   good to hear you are doing good, hope all will get better.  I had my gallbladder taken out.  know I have to watch what i eat.  I also take pills for high BP.  its the stress that will make you BP go high.  start to relax and get away from stress , drama,  I also have panic attacks but I have learned to deal with it and stay away from stress and drama. i keep my self busy with things and also walk, ride motor cycle when weather lets me.   x dressing helps me with my stress and depression.  I lost my mom and dad in 2013, 68 days apart from each other and i am still dealing with it. lost my mother in law last year from cancer and that was hard on both of us,  lost my aunt, then my cousin just last year, not from this virus either.  well have a nice Ester and safe one. its nice to have you back .   Lucinda

Thanks, Lucinda, I totally agree about the stress. My numbers are very high when stressed, I even get stressed just seeing what my number are now, which makes it hard to know exactly where I’m at. I hope things get better for you, loss is so difficult. Losing my wife to cancer in 16 was and still is a huge source of grief, even though I have remarried.

Hi Beth,

Welcome back to CDH.  Congratulations on  your success with your dietary changes.  Hope your recovery continues to go well and the move  goes smoothly.

Alice

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Welcome back Beth, thank you for sharing so much of your story with us. I’m so glad that your weight is going in the right direction too. Keep up the good work and I hope that you are able to go into transition in the future.

Amy

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?