Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Morning ladies,

When I was dressed the other day something came to me that I really thought about for a bit. What if we were born female. Would we still have a desire to be a crossdresser and dress secretly as a man.  Would the gene still be prominent in us to want to do this or would we be very happy as a woman. Just some food for thought.

Interesting question Ashley.  As I understand it there are far fewer girls who crossdress with the need to be seen and feel as a man.  But I think that girls can hid it more because dressing in drab is more acceptable for a woman to do than for a man to crossdress.  Of course there are gals who want to hid their breasts (why on earth would anyone want to do that?) and have a beard and a bulge – and that is probably still more secret, yet weirdly often considered quite sexy (eg Madonna video, can’t remember which one).

FTM transitioning on the other hand does seem to be more or less equal in my experience.

Does anyone know of any surveys on this issue?

Actually I was thinking more about this subject I have a broader question – since I feel like a woman, when I dress in that mode, is it really crossdressing? Women aren’t crossdressing when they wear a skirt and heels, so am I really crossdressing when I do (since i feel like a woman)?

If this logic is followed through, I am actually crossdressing when I wear drab clothes! For that is not my real self. I am therefore crossdressing in drab to hide my true self in order to conform to someone else’s reality.

Is this perhaps a more healthy way of thinking about who we are and how we express ourselves?

Hugs

For me, i have always been female inside. I have always wanted this, i am just letting myself have it more often now.

If I had been born female or could do a magic transition like Orlando (Virginia Wolf’s novel) I would stay female and enjoy the bodily sensations fully.

Gwyneth
      Lady

I’m not sure this is exactly what you mean, but in my mind, women have been crossdressing as guys for years. All you have to do is watch some old TV. VERY few women wore pants. Now women want to work in male dominated fields (electrician, welders, truck drivers, etc… I know women started wanting to be machinist many years ago). Now very few women wear dresses. Very few will wear much makeup if any. Forget pantihose! Not that they are about to become transgendered, but the apparel is there.

Not that I’m looking, but I don’t see many ladies wanting to transition to males. I only know of one. Why any woman would want to transition to be a man is beyond my comprehension. Certainly there isn’t any status to gain. Clothing isn’t something to desired. Trudging off to a boring but well-paying job for 30+ years can’t be inviting.

No…. I think we are trying to improve our lot in life M2F CD/TG. It’s got to be better!

Gwyn

I believe the latter, be very content to be a woman and dress and makeup anyway I wanted. However the downside is the medical issues that only women face- menstruation, menopause, having labor and giving vaginal birth, Pap smears, annual breast ‘ squeezing examine’, and the 4 deadly women’s cancers: breast, ovarian, uterine, cervical.                             So with that being said I’d stick with being a part time woman when I choose and be the best female impersonator CD in earth.

Gwyneth
        Lady

We have some issues the ladies don’t go through. Prostate cancer. Back issues from overwork or even military deployment. ED. Getting fired just a few years from retirement. Finally dying on average 5 years before the ladies. Some say because we’re ready!

I think I would love childbirth. The women say SURE! But the joy of bringing life into the world has to be something. Now menstruation? From what I’ve witnessed — NOT ME!

Anonymous

I think that if I had been born female, crossdressing would not even be a thing.  Women wear jeans, mens shirts and boots for a long time and nobody thinks anything of it.  Unfortunately, society is still a little homophobic about guys in dresses.  That being said, I still have a closet full of dresses, skirts, and heels, and I try to present as a woman when I’m out.

Hi Ashley

One of the great social inequalities.
      Women can dress as men, and nobody bats an eye, in the Western world at any point. Try to name an item of clothing a man can wear that you cannot find in womenswear as well, suits, shirts, pants, jeans, tees, sweaters, sneakers, flats etc etc. The only difference is that these items from menswear are bland and don’t fit as well.
      The only item I can think of  in Y front underwear, and if you were a women, well, why would you?

B x

I agree Bianca.   Obviously, personally, I can only see this from the MTF perspective, but there seems to be little reason (certainly from the dressing point of view) for a woman to want to be FTM

The reason most of us are in this group is because society doesn’t let men dress in women’s clothes in public in the way that they accept women dressing in men’s clothes in public

Anonymous
      Lady

If I were born a female I don’t think I would have these feelings. The only females I’ve read about who want to be males are dominant lesbians.

I’ve read some women say they want to have what males have between their legs in order to be able to stand up to pee.

I know I would not and if a woman crossdresses how is she different from all the women that do it everyday. They just don’t think it is crossdressing.

Totally Agree, it’s a normal way of life and dressing for them. They never think of the word femininity nor do they care, Thousands of teens and young women have never ever tried ona pair of pantyhose or stockings in their life and think their stupid to wear

Anonymous

Yes, I think females have the same urges to cross-dress. The difference is it’s socially acceptable for them to do so. It’s not considered Cross-Dressing when females do it. Even when young girls play with boys and dress like boys, they are considered “Tom Boys.” No one cares. But it becomes an issue when little boys want to wear a skirt, dress, or panties and play with dolls. So there is a double standard. As males grow up and explore Cross-Crossing, we have to hide it out of fear we won’t be accepted. At the same time, women continue to wear whatever they want without criticism. As times change, Male Cross-dressing will become more socially acceptable. It’s just going to take time.

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

I think it’s way more socially acceptable but there are limits. I think it would be less accepted if one started to put on fake beard, even as a tomboy.
        Now guys would probably be happy if it was ok to wear skirt, heels and so on and just skip the boobs.

/kelly

Anonymous

Michelle, women that you believe to be cross dressing are just wearing clothing that is less feminine. They are not using the Men’s restroom or expected to be called ‘Sir’. We are not taping down breasts or enhancing the trousers. A woman who wears jeans and a flannel shirt still thinks herself as a woman.

That is not cross dressing.

Right On sister- big distinction 👍

Gwyneth
          Lady

You’ve made the best point yet. Some CDs still see themselves and guys in a dress, but others want to become the woman looking in the mirror with them!

Spot on Eileen. As has been written before, I believe that the great majority of women who wear trousers/pants and shirts still want to be regarded as female and treated as such. They still wear makeup, finger rings, ear rings, bracelets, etc. You would get a very dirty look if you called them “Sir.” I think most men who dress in female garments and bras with forms want to be thought of as female and would be delighted if you called them “Madam/lady/miss, etc.” Best, Marlene

Interesting question Ashley but in my case I seriously doubt I would have had any interest or desire in dressing like a guy growing up had I been born female. As far back as I can remember I always enjoyed feeling fem and then looking fem/like a girl once I started dressing.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I been wondering if I somehow magically one day woke up as a women, would I panic and want to change back?
      I think the answer would be no. It’s not like I hate being male but more that I don’t care that much about it.
      I never been in to masculine stuff, don’t like sports, my “man cave” would be 3dprinter, cnc mill, laser cutter, electronics, star trek and no game or beer stuff at all.

When I read the title I was thinking what if your wife want to crossdress as a man, how far would you accept it?
      I’m thinking pants, and so on is no problem but what if we go down the path of adding fake beard and 3rd leg? If you aren’t in to men then where would your limit be?
      Personally imagine that is the way I imagine her having to deal with me.

/kelly

Here is another perspective that I will personally start using. What if we, as crossdressers, start viewing male clothing as the true cross dressing? Would we start trying more fashionable workwear? Would we attempt to look a little snazzier, when going out? Would we look at that side of dressing as another adventure?

Hi Ashley, wow, what a great question. I have never thought of that. For me, if I were born as a woman, I do not think that I would have the desire to dress as a man. Honestly, I think I would be a lesbian, only because I adore all things feminine. But then again, I think about the kinds of experiences I want to have as Michelle…who knows, maybe I might be into both men and women.

Michelle

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?