- September 16, 2020 at 1:14 pm #384336AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 6Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
When I’m dressed , I constantly have my camera out . I take multiple videos and pictures of me just doing normal things . I watch myself walk , listen to myself speak . I pose for the camera .
I have never really taken good pictures … I always force a smile ….
I have lately been using a video editor , to get still shots . That way I can review every frame , to find my best “natural” , pic worthy shots .
Am I the only one so Vain ?
It’s important to me to look and act like a woman .
I just wonder …. Am I the only one ?
- September 17, 2020 at 7:39 am #384557Cherry BerryParticipantRegistered On: June 30, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
You’re not the only one, I try dozens of different angles with more than 100 shots! I find my best pictures are with really excellent lighting and stepping back from the camera about 4-5 feet. My bathroom mirror has the best lighting in my house, most of my pictures are taken in front of it, aha.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 17, 2020 at 6:09 am #384533Jenny JonesParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 105Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
It is only natural to want good photos of yourself, it is not vain at all. There’s a lot of small things you can do. Proper equipment, lighting, things like that. Posing can make a huge difference.
You can also go by and look at your older photos and compare them to your current ones. It helps you notice your progress in make-up, weight, outfits and all of that. It can be quite nice.
- September 17, 2020 at 5:19 am #384517stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 88Replies: 773Has thanked: 871 timesBeen thanked: 2605 times
The biggest mistake many girls make is that they use a mobile phone camera. This distorts the image making closer things, like your nose, hands etc. look bigger than they really are. Try it , you’ll see what I mean. I have a pic of my daughter holding our dog in her arms. It looks HUGE – at least 2 or 3 times bigger than it is – and this is with a decent I-phone. What do you think this kind of distortion does to our face?
Again and again I have noticed that the pic I take of myself in a mirror, looks quite different from the image I see of myself.
I’m not an expert on optics but I believe the tiny lenses in phones are some kind of wide-angle or “fish eye” lens (hence closer objects appearing bigger) more suitable to landscape pics.
So if you want to look like you really look like, then use a decent proper camera.
- September 16, 2020 at 8:18 pm #384445Stephanie GreenParticipantRegistered On: September 12, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 90Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 394 times
I haven’t started recording videos of myself yet, but I do take plenty of photos when I get dressed up. I don’t claim to be a beauty queen, but the more I dress up, the more impressed I am with how good I have gotten at transforming the ugly duckling that is my masculine self into a swan. I like to have the photos to help me remember the good times I have while en femme. That gets me through the times when I want to dress up but can’t.
- September 16, 2020 at 7:57 pm #384439Natalie MooreParticipantRegistered On: June 3, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 31Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
I do the same thing, I do a photo session and shoot a few videos of me in my favorite outfits, I like to practice talk and walk as the videos help me critique or at least give me something to go by to help me put together my overall appearance as a lady. I’ll shoot videos and watch my body language and mannerisms when I speak or walk I think reviewing videos/photos of yourself isn’t being vain or anything like that as I believe real women/girls do the same thing I’m sure.
- September 16, 2020 at 5:32 pm #384412AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 14Replies: 205Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 589 times
- September 16, 2020 at 5:24 pm #384406Diane CrowParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 162Has thanked: 1417 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
I agree with all the lady’s here that trying to look the best you can is not vain at all.
As a commercial photographer and videographer I know that posing can be difficult and so can smiling. Try saying something that ends in an easy EEEEE. Like Puppy’s or Money or Happy.
All of these words give you an nice easy smile with out your cheek bones rising up and making your eyes into little slits.
Try turning your body partially away from the camera so you look thinner.
There are so many posing tricks I would have to write a book.
- September 16, 2020 at 5:11 pm #384402Edie MajeskiParticipantRegistered On: April 7, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 193Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 411 times
Nothing vain about trying to look your best. Most crossdressers, once dress, have to study themselves in a mirror, just like a real woman, and take pictures of themselves, which should be obvious with all the photos here in CDH. Heck! I have hundreds of pictures of myself dressed in all kinds of outfits and taken over many years.
- September 16, 2020 at 2:53 pm #384378
- September 16, 2020 at 2:51 pm #384377StephanieParticipantRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
- September 16, 2020 at 1:49 pm #384348
- September 16, 2020 at 1:25 pm #384343Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 309Has thanked: 1823 timesBeen thanked: 1464 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.