Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls! I’m still a girl in the closet, and have a chance to spend a night next weekend alone in Reykjavik Iceland. I’ve read that Reykjavik is very LGTBQ accepting and thought I might go out dressed for the evening. I won’t have a chance to get fully girled up, but was thinking I might go out in skinny jeans, a modest blouse, and sneakers (men’s, but a brand that sells the same style for men and women in a neutral blue color) that will go with the outfit. I won’t have all the supplies to get made up and no wig, but was thinking very clean shaven with lipstick. Probably carry a small purse. Haven’t yet decided whether to wear a bra with “boobs” under the blouse or just a bralette with my natural A-cups. Look would be more genderqueer than full femme.

I’ve got a reservation at a good restaurant (alone). Might stop at a bar for a drink (not necessarily a gay bar).

Anybody been to Iceland? Will I be safe? Will I freak people out?

Hi dear Elizabeth,

You are lucky to live in one of the safest countries in the world with a near-zero crime rate, and a very high tolerance for the LGBTQI + population, so don’t be afraid to live freely from CD as long as you want!
      Too bad to be so far away, if I were there too we could book the restaurant for two!

XOXOX from Italy
      Greta ❤️

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Elizabeth,

I had the good fortune of being stationed in Iceland in the 1970s, when NATO  maintained a military base there.  The base no longer exists but what was the aircraft runway is now part of Reykjavik international airport, which is actually in Keflavik.

I returned to Iceland with my wife for a visit a couple of years ago.

Crime has always been virtually non existent and still is.  Inflation and high taxes have always been political issues in Iceland, and as a result, prepare yourself for astronomical prices on everything!  Their economy crashed a few years ago and without tourism, it would probably still not have recovered.

About a year ago, there were a couple of girls from Iceland who were active here on CDH, but I have not seen any activity from them in a year or more.

You should have no problem being accepted, wherever you go.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Gayice.is  is a group you can find online. Maybe contact them and a few of your questions could be answered.

Checked out the site – thanks! Couldn’t find a link to contact them. But the site mostly had information about last week’s bear weekend in Reykjavik. If I were a gay male I’d definitely be a bear. But the Reykjavik experience I’m looking for is about as far from that as can be as I am looking to go out as a femme not looking for a hook-up of any type, just looking to be able to express my feminine side. Will be helpful to know how that will be accepted in the community there..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?