Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Marg Produe
      Lady
      Registered On: March 16, 2022
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 348

Mona, you really got it right.  Thanks for expressing this so well.  I felt so sad too when I heard that she had passed.  I knew that she was a real driving force behind FM yet most people didn’t know much about her.  I was glad to have been around to enjoy it all when it was happening.  Marg

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Sarah Cerise
      Lady
      Registered On: September 25, 2022
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 162

It was very sad to hear the passing of the wonderful Christine McVie, such a very talented Woman
      and lovely person. Rest in peace Christine.
      xxx

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Bass
      Hostess
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 4415

Again Mona thank you  for the tribute to a wonderful vocalists and just a beautiful woman all around The group of Fleetwood Mac was a wonderful sound growing up i wore out the cassette with TUSK on it just crank up the volume driving thru traffic and see who remembered it by the head movements thanks again Mona..

Stephanie Bass

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 89
      Replies: 2010

This one hurt.  Such a great talent gone.   Thank you Christine for the memories, and the music. ❤

Stevie

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 98
      Replies: 5796

RIP Christine.  You will be missed.

Alice

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: November 26, 2022
      Replies: 204

I loved her voice, her solo music and her stuff with Fleetwood Mac! I will mis her RIP

Kris Burton
      Lady
      Registered On: August 6, 2022
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 120

I have enjoyed Fleetwood Mac in all of their incarnations, but feel they hit stride when she joined in ’71. I saw them live at Madison Square Garden in NYC in ’78 at the top of their notoriety – wonderful show, and altho Lindsey and Stevie were kind of the focal point at that time she nonetheless impressed me greatly with her solid musicianship, and an understated stage presence all her own. When my wife told me yesterday that she had passed, my initial reaction was “Wow – she wrote and sang so many of their songs” – she didn’t realize that it was her. That’s what I mean – she was all about the ensemble, and what an ensemble. She will be missed – and remembered!

Mona
        Duchess
        Registered On: December 18, 2018
        Topics: 11
        Replies: 153

Thanks for the comment, Kris.  Yes, she really did have a very understated stage presence – clearly preferred to stay at her piano, workmanlike, steady, flawless playing and singing.   In I read somewhere that she had natural perfect pitch.  I don’t think she ever really got full recognition for her contributions to the band, helping to keep FM going through their middle years with minor hits on albums like Penguin, Heroes are hard to find, and Bare Trees.  Amazing talent.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Jess Secret
      Lady
      Registered On: February 18, 2021
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 605

She had an incredible voice and was a tremendous writer, she’ll definitely be missed.

CelesteCD
      Lady
      Registered On: April 21, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 129

Mona thank you for posting this. Growing up I heard Fleetwood Mac all the time on the radio to the point of over saturation and changing the station whenever. They would come on. Then I was at a friends party several years later where their reunion concert film The Dance was playing in the background. Maybe it was because I was just more appreciative of artistic talent over the years but the portion I saw really stuckwith me. Fast forward a few years and The Mac heads back in tour with Christina McVie playing in the band for the first time in years. As with many older bands and musicians I have taken the mindset of better see them when you can because you never know. So I paid too much for tickets but to see/hear the classic 5 of that band was one of the best concerts I have ever experienced. I found myself reliving moments of my life that their songs mapped back to. I had forgotten just how many great songs they had. Christine McVie looked great. Sounded even better. She just had an aura about her that exuded confidence. While Stevie and Lindsey get many of the headlines and are talented in their own right, Christine McVie was no 3rd fiddle. She was awesome Sad to hear of her passing but grateful for what she created and shared with us. What a bummer.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by CelesteCD.
        Mona
        Duchess
        Registered On: December 18, 2018
        Topics: 11
        Replies: 153

Hi Celeste – I too saw them in concert during their “On with the Show” tour, after she rejoined the band.  The collective joy of the audience to see her back on stage was palpable.  She provided the finale to those shows with one of her signature songs, Songbird.  She wrote such romantic songs but sadly her real-life relationships were wanting.  You can’t everything, I gues.

Lauren Mugnaia
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 1, 2021
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 644

One of my favorite bands, always recognizable from the first several bars of music.
      RIP Christine, you will be missed by many.

Ms. Lauren m

J J
      Lady
      Registered On: September 13, 2019
      Replies: 513

She was the epitome of a strong independent woman. While women like her a common these days, back in the day there were not many such ladies. Having raised two daughters I am grateful of such trendsetting women.

Kerri Smith
      Lady
      Registered On: November 21, 2022
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 40

I agree Christine Mcvie was a beautiful and talented musician.  One of my favorite music videos is Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac.  Christine played a keyboard and sang backup to Stevie Nicks.  Both women were beautiful.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.