• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have noticed that we don’t have role models for CDs/TGs, except for Kaitlyn. I think it’s something that sets us apart from LGBs.  Is it just that there are less of us proportionately?  I think it is part of the reason so many of us have such a bad self image. A lot of heterosexuals don’t accept us and it doesn’t seem like a lot of the LGBTQIA+ community don’t get us either.  It just makes it harder to come out of the closet.

Anonymous

I think most ‘transwomen’ (and men for that matter) just want to complete their transition and get on with their lives. In reality, once transition is complete they are just women and men. They are role models because they continue to be part of society, without fuss or bother.

As for CDs, there are many members here who are good role models but it’s up to each of us to work out what our goals are and who gives us an example to aspire to.

You are correct about self image though. Far too many of us assume ‘everyone’ is against us, or no-one will understand, or “I’ll never pass”. There is no point in having role models if we don’t accept ourselves because that’s really what is holding many of us back.

Anonymous

I’ve heard a few intriguing interviews with transgender women; Geena Rocero, Jamie Clayton and Jennifer Boylan (thanks again Maddie W!) but have not found anything like those with CD’s.  In one of the Jennifer Boylan interviews when asked “what’s it like to be a trans woman in NYC”; she actually did make the statement that she’s a woman; wasn’t argumentative just very confident… and it struck me that as she was asked the question I had the same thought; she is a woman.  These stories are very  compelling; not so much in terms of necessarily a role model as a CD, what these woman have gone through and then shared goes beyond that.  I agree we have a lot of positive role models on CDH though and it has made a difference in my journey. Thanks!

Kim

Anonymous

Georgia,

Was surfing web looking for fashion/makeup information for CD’s and I came across a CD Heidi Phox; she has a web site with her story and  a lot of other information similar to what we have here.  Also had links to sites for some of her CD friends.  Another site run by a CD about herself is under Renee Reyes.  Not sure if these meet criteria you are looking for in terms of role models but you may want to check them out.

Kim

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?