Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie65
      Lady

Hi Ladies.

I would like to know what you would do please vote and any suggestions.

I got a call from a certain person. They said the 2 of them were disapointed in our choice of gifts to them. Mind you they were not the best. This conversation went really sour and left me and my wife in tears.

We recieved a gift from them but it is something we have many of and this will probably just sit on a shlf or closet. I say return it to them and leave a note to say thanks we do not feel privledge to recieve this and we have many of these thank you anyways. Return it and have nothing more to do with them. Or do we just keep it and let it take up needed space?

Signed

Ruined Christmas.

Personally I would find a better home for it. Then I would write a note to them saying: Thank you for the gift, we already have a few of these to we found a home where it could be appreciated and well used. Thanks again for the thought.

There is no need to continue the cycle of rudeness. I believe we get back threefold what we send out.

I have never in my life heard of anyone so rude and intrusively arrogant to actually make a phone call to complain about a gift. That imo is not only next level rudeness, but hurtful as well. Cut them out of your life, no one needs people that reach out and hurt someone.

These people are not friends, just ignore them and carry on with your lives. Pyxx

Just let it go and move on with no further communication

Anonymous

Stevie, just move on and strike them off your present list, it’s totally rude to complain, as it’s the thought that counts. If you don’t want to fall out,  just send a Christmas card next year only. Oh and when the charity shops open again, I’m sure they will be grateful of Christmas present you received from them, silent but sweet revenge, but for a good cause.

Anonymous

Stevie,

Some problems just don’t have a “good” answer. First, “friends” who complain about a gift aren’t really friends. That was rude and inexcusable. But returning a gift is also an insult, and two wrongs don’t make a right. Donating the gift to charity sounds like a good answer, and I think you can do better without those people in your life.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

I agree with Betty Lou and some others that two wrongs don’t make a right (although three lefts do) and that their behavior warrants cutting them off. Just send the gift on to charity or whatever and forget them.

Bridgette vS

Anonymous

Stevie

How dare they!!!!

These ” friends” have done you a big favour by showing their true selfish, self centred colours……

gosh girl, you may have needed to rely on these dregs for something really important, how lucky you now know how shallow they are.

You and your wife should dry your eyes, wait until new year’s eve, put their precious gift on the barbecue and burn it….toast each other and smile, saying ” good riddance”!!!

…….obviously if they gave you a puppy, a bit more thought may be needed…

Bottom line is……lose them!!!

Grace ❤️

Stacey
      Lady

Were you surprised by their phone call? They were very rude calling you. One thing to remember is nothing is personal. I would send them a thank you for what they gave you and not send them a gift next year. Just a pleasant card letting them know you hope they’re doing well. Please do not stoop to their level.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hey Stevie, wow what a rude phone call on Christmas!  I’m assuming you didnt give them expired pizza coupons or anything….

Quite often we all receive gifts that may not be what we want or even like, but calling someone to complain about it is childish and frankly pretty shallow.

For some it will always be about the receiving.  ☹

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

How rude they are. I would donate their present to a charity shop and just ignore both of them from now on

Mary Francis
      Duchess

This is so bazar that I have to think that there is another level to this interaction.  I have no idea what it might be but a way for you to find out is to go back to square one by  returning each gift to the original giver and start over.  Neither gift recipient was happy with their gift so it might help the relationship to be restored by returning the gifts and starting over.  Life doesn’t give many re-do’s, this may be one.

Mary

I agree with other ladies – if you don’t want the gift, donate it to a charity shop.

The fact that the people who gave it to you moaned about your gift means they won’t be checking to see how you’re enjoying theirs any time soon – I mean, how rude!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone complaining about a gift before – it’s a gift! It was sent with good intentions (presumably…), so the proper Christmas spirit is to receive graciously and appreciate the thought!

Fighting Fire with Fire never ends well.

Love Laura

As most others, I would donate the gift, and cut them out of your lives completely( unless it’s the in-laws?) then its a little more complicated.
      To be so rude, and uncaring of their actions, they are no “friends” I would want around.
      Hugs, Regi

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

The best gift they gave  was revealing their true selves…………………….take up space? NO…………everytime you glance at it ……the hurtful conversation will replay itself……………maybe causing displaced anger and hurt   someone you love.   Get rid of it!!!   To keep the peace………..your friendship will step down a few notches to…..” someone you know”……………………..     Friendships can be of LOVE or merely Transactional……………..I have been hurt many times because I failed to make that distinction……………………..karley

I would say… in all good taste never return a gift! If from a family member; just suppose à favourite aunt, one must display it in some way on at least one occasion.
      The other gifts may safely be passed on to other recipients and then be done with without causing any offense.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?