- July 24, 2020 at 3:05 am #366942Gina PeroneParticipantRegistered On: November 16, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 38Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 176 times
Morning ladies, just passing some sad news of nobody heard.
Catherine’s plus size stores is closing all it’s brick and mortar stores. (Only store I can buy bras and pantyhose at)I guess the covid took a toll on them.
Secondly, lane Bryant is filing chapter 11, said they are remaking open , but we all know what happens next…..
- September 17, 2020 at 6:26 am #384541Christine RelleumParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
I made a return trip yesterday to Lord and Taylor and their stock hadn’t diminished appreciably as their discounts were still in the 25-50% range, although they did have a few racks of as-is merchandise at 75%. More importantly they had one set of dressing rooms open on each of their two floors so I was able to try on some very nice dresses.
My outfit of the day was a pair of Levis 711 distressed skinny faded blue jeans with my black flower patterned thigh highs showing through the holes in front and black knee high boots. On top I layered a purple Croft & Barrow sweater over a white Apt. 9 turtleneck, and all this over an Olga lavender print 44D nylon bra (35002) and Vanity Fair solid lavender nylon high cut panties (13108). This girl definitely felt good.
- September 10, 2020 at 3:23 am #382498Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1260Has thanked: 856 timesBeen thanked: 2789 times
Back when I began dressing fully femme at 18, I didn’t need Catherine’s or Lane Bryant’s. Then after over 20 years of not dressing, I began again. I had grown somewhat over that time. The few items of old clothes I had left would not fit me.
I was fortunate in that I was still able to buy clothes in department stores that fit. Still, I was almost large enough where I thought Lane Bryant’s was going to be on my shopping list. I had been there several times looking around. Some very nice things, but much was clearly to large for me.
I bought several dresses at Dress Barn. Sadly, they are no longer around. I had bought countless pairs of pantyhose, panties, bras and dresses at JC Penney. They are still around but haven’t sold their house brand of pantyhose in several years. Then of course there is Kohl’ s, Macy’s and a few other department stores still hanging on. I’ve bought things from all of them.
A very sad day for me was when Payless Shoes shut down. Over the years, from the time I was 17, I had purchased easily hundreds of pairs of shoes from them.
So many great stores have faded from the landscape. I have so many great memories of things I had bought at them and was so excited about, as well as the many scary but extremely exciting experiences I have had while buying those things and wearing them.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 9, 2020 at 5:42 pm #382411Christine RelleumParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
My main objective for today was checking out what was left on offer at my nearest Lord and Taylor as the venerable chain is in the midst of their going out of business sale. The discount range is still in the 20-50% range so considering how pricey their merchandise was I’ll wait at least another week and see if it’s marked down further before I take the plunge on anything, especially since all sales are final and their dressing rooms are closed due to the pandemic. I did spot a few nice things as I was pawing through the racks so hopefully some of them will be there next time.
I was out and about in faded blue denim Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and a white belt over pink Vanity Fair full nylon panties and nude thigh highs with lacy silicon grips along with my black Magdesian kitten heels, paired with an untucked pink cotton blouse over a white Catherine’s bra filled out with my forms. After my visit to Lord and Taylor I went elsewhere in the mall to JC Penney to try on several dresses and a jumpsuit and pick up a few more pairs of the Maidenform Girl 2XL panties in different colors and patterns from the ones I already have. Despite the late start to my afternoon it was still a productive day for me.
Tomorrow I go renew my membership in the hole in the arm club, my name for donating platelets at my nearest Red Cross blood donor center, something that I’ve been doing for a few years now although I’ve donated whole blood for years before that. My blood type is A+, which I’m told is ideal for platelet donation, which gets rushed to cancer patients. Since both arms are immobilized for close to 2 hours I bring a tablet and catch up on my latest K-drama.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Christine Relleum.
- August 12, 2020 at 8:28 am #373389Christine RelleumParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
Most of my shopping yesterday was at Savers and Catherine’s, which were in the same plaza where I went and of course neither had a dressing room open even though I was underdressed for the occasion despite the blazing heat and humidity here. I stocked up on wire free bras as well as a gorgeous black bodysuit at Catherine’s at 70% off, then crossed the lot to Savers and put some money down there for a couple of blouses, a dress, a skirt, some stockings and a couple of pairs of shoes. The Macy’s at the nearby mall didn’t have a dressing room open either and I already utilized the one that JC Penney had open last week so I went for dinner and called it a day. I was in a black Lane Bryant 3/4 sleeve blouse and lime green Gloria Vanderbilt jeans over a black nylon Lane Bryant strapless bra and black nylon Torrid panties with a floral print front, with black ankle boots over grey knee high stockings.
I’ve been progressively shaving off the hair on my legs, arms and chest with a Gillette Body razor and on the latter I’m almost down to fully bare skin, so next shower I’ll use the hair removal cream to finish the job. My job has been intensive enough that I’ve actually lost weight despite not getting into a gym, so hopefully that will keep going.
- August 2, 2020 at 3:43 am #369673ParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
I managed to get into the Lane Bryant outlet in New Hampshire as well as a couple of regular locations that were having 80% off closing sales and came away with some great deals. It was a little sparse and there were no panties left in 18/20 or bras that I could fit in comfortably but I did get 3 dresses, several tops, a skirt, a few pairs of tights and a couple of pairs of high waisted shaping panties. I even found a pair of shoes that I wore the next day although I got a blister on the bottom of one of my big toes for some reason. I also got a coupon for 15% my next online order and 50% off one item in one of their remaining stores.
Overall last week in the places I found that had dressing rooms open I was able to try on more outfits for my private album. My other shopping haul was at Torrid, where I found a couple of cute bralettes, some panties, a skirt and a pair of nylon workout leggings. I’m running out of storage space and I’m also going to have to watch my budget as well going forward, but I did have a good week.
- July 27, 2020 at 5:41 am #367834AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 35Replies: 473Has thanked: 1230 timesBeen thanked: 1370 times
Yes I was a little saddened by the news that Catherine was only going online but I prefer toward over Katherine’s and being that I have a Catherine’s imma Torrid credit card LOL I did find out the Lane Bryant sister company of Catherine’s will honor the catherines credit card at Lane Bryant so not too bad 💋
- July 27, 2020 at 4:45 am #367823Gina PeroneParticipantRegistered On: November 16, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 38Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 176 times
Spoke to a lane Bryant sales girl Saturday, she said on Long Island , there will be 3-4 stores left open. All the rest are getting closed down.
- July 25, 2020 at 2:17 pm #367362Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1721Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 2993 times
Today’s email from Catherines says the stores are having a 50% off sale. But the sale is in store only.
- July 25, 2020 at 2:15 pm #367360Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1721Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 2993 times
An email from the parent company said they are going to close some Lane Bryant stores. No mention of how many or which locations are to be closed.
- July 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm #367164Stephanie BassParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 678Has thanked: 5574 timesBeen thanked: 1972 times
Hi Gina as living in northeastern Montana I haven’t heard of most of these stores but lane Bryant I have ordered from before . So hopefully we all can still get clothes from them in future thanks for info.
- July 24, 2020 at 3:51 pm #367135Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1721Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 2993 times
- July 24, 2020 at 9:48 am #367064Millicent TeasedaleParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 10Replies: 168Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 294 times
Saw this in the news this morning. The parent company – Ascena Retail Group file for bankruptcy Thursday the 23rd of July.
They are closing 877 of their 2800 stores, including all the Catherine’s. The Catherine’s brand and website are being sold to City Chic Collective, an Australian company. All 600 Justice stores – which cater to girls and preteens – are closing as well, along with some Ann Taylor, Loft, Lane Bryant and Lou & Grey shops.
The article says they are also pulling out of Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico. They started as Dressbarn and closed those stores late last year. Apparently the coronavirus really disrupted their sales, and they owe a lot of money to the malls where there stores are, as well as to others.
Since the bankruptcy was just filed yesterday, I bet a bunch of the folks in the stores don’t know yet, or are just finding out. I’d guess if you’re a regular Catherine’s customer you should visit now, or at least when they announce their inventory reduction sales. For the other stores, I’d just watch. If your Lane Bryant doesn’t have a lot of traffic, or is in a mall versus stand alone or in a smaller shopping center, I’d watch them too, just in case.
- July 24, 2020 at 6:04 am #366951Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 518Has thanked: 882 timesBeen thanked: 1750 times
I was just in Lane Bryant’s on Tuesday, and none of the sales ladies said a word about a bankruptcy. Came away with 3 sexy panties, 2 tops plus a very pretty scarf and some earrings. Guess I’ll have to find out when it’s going to happen.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Paula F.
- July 24, 2020 at 9:32 am #367052Jessica CharmsParticipantRegistered On: July 16, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 128Has thanked: 222 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
Well bankruptcy doesn’t mean closing. Often a company will file and hope another buyer comes along to take over. If none come, then it’s usually the end. Plus sometimes they file to help with restructuring, so it might not be done just yet.
- July 24, 2020 at 4:05 am #366945Linda Rose NygaardParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 94Has thanked: 411 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- July 24, 2020 at 3:43 am #366944
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.