- March 23, 2022 at 9:36 pm #630922Twilla ThompsonParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 59Has thanked: 161 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
I’m pretty sure I noticed a sister out shopping at a discount store yesterday. I wanted to say something about her courage/inspiration so bad. I mulled it over and recalled a post here recently about what to do in that situation and just smiled and went on with my business….of buying some new toenail polish for spring. It was difficult as I would like to find a local sis to hang with.
- March 28, 2022 at 9:31 am #631976Natalie JonesLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 111Has thanked: 354 timesBeen thanked: 551 times
Last week walked past who I believe was a finely dressed sister in a Lowes in NJ. We made eye contact , I smiled and walked by. I then thought if I saw her in another less crowded part of the store should I say something . I figured if I did I would just complement her on how great she looked .. which she did. Would that be ok? I didn’t see her again but I’m in that store frequently and maybe we’ll cross paths again.
I was at a garden center last summer and watched as a young 30 ish guy bent over to pick up a plant and revealed the cute black lace thong he was wearing. Of course I had panties on also and would’ve commented but it appeared he was with his wife and child .
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 28, 2022 at 7:33 am #631947JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 118Has thanked: 439 timesBeen thanked: 582 times
- March 28, 2022 at 6:13 am #631935JanineLadyRegistered On: October 25, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 106Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 288 times
In all of the times, I’ve been out dressed en femme, there was just one time that I was questioned about not being a girl. I was at a mall and needed to use the ladies room. As I was approaching the hallway that led to the ladies room, I saw a woman standing there with three young children and looked stressed. When I got close to her she said. Your not a woman and you can’t go in here. I looked her in her face and said I’m just as much woman that you are. She didn’t say anything more, so I went into the ladies room and did what I went in there to do.I wondered if she called security and wondered if security would be waiting for me when I came out? After finishing what I went in there for, I walked out to find that there wasn’t any security or her waiting for me. I continued shopping and put that unfortunate situation behind me. I assumed that her being stressed and upset was the reason she said something to me, because there’s no other reason for calling me out. I think that I look quite feminine when I’m out in public. I always dress well and act as feminine as I can so I can blend in with people who are shopping
- March 28, 2022 at 5:26 am #631918Tammy JosephLadyRegistered On: December 4, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 31Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 131 times
As someone who will talk to anyone I usually just say hello. Or nice dress. Or some other compliment if I feel it’s warranted.
I haven’t started going out in public. But I’d love for others to talk to me if they were kind and sincere. But yea, you look like a linebacker in drag would be hurtful. Or any more subtle forms of that would hurt too.
That said, when in doubt doing what you did is best. Better to say nothing than to hurt someone.
- March 26, 2022 at 8:06 am #631440Paula WorthLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 43Has thanked: 392 timesBeen thanked: 139 times
Last week i saw a sister in one of the casinos in Atlantic City.She was walking kind of fast and looking down at her phone as she was walking trying to hide her face.I wanted to say something to her but she looked nervous about being there so just left her alone.I admire her courage.And yes i was not in girl mode but in boy mode.
- March 28, 2022 at 9:50 am #631979Carmen CruzLadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 341Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 1987 times
I see quite a few in Casinos. I think crossdressers find it a safe space since it’s very public yet most everyone else is so engrossed and enraged for losing their paycheck yet again in those places that they don’t even notice any human being around them, let alone a CD.
- March 26, 2022 at 6:15 am #631422Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1855Has thanked: 1444 timesBeen thanked: 5568 times
If I happened to notice another sister, whether I was en femme or in guy mode, I would want to say something. Not quite sure how I would go about it though.
- March 25, 2022 at 6:35 pm #631353RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 579Has thanked: 1334 timesBeen thanked: 2062 times
Thanks for sharing this. If I saw a sister out in public, I would be tempted to approach her as well. I’m not sure if I would reveal that I’m a CD, but I would at least give her a kind compliment. I rarely see a sister out and about. Sadly, we sisters are few and far between where I’m located. That’s why I’m so happy to know some of you here at CDH.
- March 25, 2022 at 4:47 pm #631333Felicity D’AmorLadyRegistered On: July 16, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 66Has thanked: 71 timesBeen thanked: 239 times
I think that all of us always look for girls like us to relate to, the issue in my case is that in my masculine identity I am very serious and many times I seem not very friendly, although I think it is more of a barrier that I place before others so that they do not notice my strong inclination towards the feminine, I think that many times I have stopped relating to people for fear that they will notice felicity, notice this beautiful girl, very feminine that I also wish to be sometimes, I guess I understand you because the fear still in these times it is a great barrier for us to express ourselves freely and honestly before the world.
- This reply was modified 6 months ago by Felicity D'Amor.
- March 25, 2022 at 2:55 pm #631301Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 390Has thanked: 203 timesBeen thanked: 1554 times
- March 28, 2022 at 4:36 am #631908Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 912Has thanked: 3057 timesBeen thanked: 3004 times
Speaking only for myself, yes, I do try to look my womanly best. But I don’t kid myself. Even my very best isn’t going to fool a casual observer. Some folks who are wrapped up in their own worlds may not notice, however, and only see a wig and mistake it for real hair; see a slightly wrinkled face and not see the shadow of a beard below the concealer and foundation; see the outline of a bra holding “fake” boobs.
That’s when you get the occasional, “Excuse me ma’am.” And a polite nod, letting you cross an aisle first.
But the shocked expression of the woman next to you looking through a rack of blouses, or the polite smile from a sales associate at the register, don’t bother me either.
- March 25, 2022 at 3:02 pm #631304Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1512Has thanked: 9796 timesBeen thanked: 7403 times
We try the best we can but some of us will never be completely passable where no one ever clocks us. It just won’t happen. Some accept this fact and go about their business anyway because in the end its really nobody’s business how we present anyway.
- March 24, 2022 at 8:14 pm #631131Twilla ThompsonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 59Has thanked: 161 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
She was in and out quickly, saw her walk in and shortly use self check. One thing to remember is that if she felt comfortable there she will most likely return to same store. I will remember that nail polish line for next time. Thanks ladies!
- March 24, 2022 at 10:48 am #631041LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 912Has thanked: 3057 timesBeen thanked: 3004 times
I think about how or what would I like to happen if I was out en femme. It would have to do with how and by whom, I was approached.
First, if anyone, male or female, who, as a passerby, said something like, “Nice dress” or “I love your nails” with a kind smile, whether they clocked me or not, I would love it.
Second, if I were approached and addressed with genuine interest by a GG, about my appearance, I would probably be comfortable speaking with her.
On the other hand, I might be a little uncomfortable if a male in drab took interest. Unless he made it known immediately and discretely that he crossdressed.
It’s just my opinion, but I think any crossdresser brave enough to shop en femme could probably handle and might enjoy meeting another sister.
You might have approached her with a few bottles of nail polish and asked her opinion. That would have signaled the girl in you and put her at ease.
- This reply was modified 6 months ago by Raquel Smith.
- March 24, 2022 at 9:10 am #631021Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 1479Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 5442 times
That was your best move especially since you used the words “I’m pretty sure”. If it had been a cis woman, approaching her could have awkward at best.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- March 24, 2022 at 8:51 am #631015Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1512Has thanked: 9796 timesBeen thanked: 7403 times
I don’t see CD’s out shopping around here but thought when I do see one and the situation was right I would approach her with small talk or just say “Hello sister” and go from there. I think we all want support from our sisters.
- March 28, 2022 at 9:56 am #631988LadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 341Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 1987 times
No CD’s out shopping where you’re at? Whhhhaaaaat? Then where ya at… I’ll go prance around and make it so! LOL
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 29, 2022 at 6:08 am #632200LadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1512Has thanked: 9796 timesBeen thanked: 7403 times
LOL. Yes please come… I would love to go out with you 🙂
I imagine there are a few public CD’s around here but its a very conservative southern area and not really safe for us. I don’t know of any bar or place in this city where CD’s are accepted. The last time a kinky place opened years ago, a church group closed them down. If I want to go out I have to drive to another city.
- March 24, 2022 at 8:21 am #631010Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 974Has thanked: 4701 timesBeen thanked: 4168 times
- March 23, 2022 at 9:54 pm #630925Fredrika JonesLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 443Has thanked: 536 timesBeen thanked: 1491 times
As long as I don’t say (out loud) to her, “Hey, I can tell you’re a crossdresser!”, but only approach her and speak to her (without mentioning the obvious) about gurly things, I think it’s just fine. If she wants to be “revealing,” I should leave that up to her.
Kisses to all,
- March 28, 2022 at 10:03 am #631990LadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 341Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 1987 times
This! There is absolutely nothing wrong with approaching people in general for conversation, I do it constantly whether I’m in boy mode or girl mode. General compliments are always good to hear out in public, and the tone of how it’s said is very important too.
Most times, the receiver can feel the intent. In our case, as CDs who may or may not be comfortable in public, unfortunately, we may be hypersensitive to it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.