- February 25, 2021 at 5:45 pm #453887Katey DoeParticipantRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
There is too much turmoil and negative happenings going on in the world today. I thought it would be nice to say something nice about anything. It can be a person, place, thing, animal, clothing, makeup, car, food, etc….
I’ll start and will pick the obvious. CDH is the best place to be. Everyone is so supportive, kind, and caring. Thank you everyone for guiding me through this and putting up with my silly questions and posts. ❤️❤️
PS – you may repeat anything that someone has already identified. Thank you again. Hugs Katey
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Katey Doe.
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 27, 2021 at 5:26 am #454689Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1296Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1460 times
hello and why say something bad? it better to say something good to some one or what ever. being nice is a good thing, and being nice to others is a better thing.. yes too much bad things are out there and need to stop. its nice to have you here and yes C.D.H is a very friendly group, Site to be. us girls are very under standing and very friendly. have a nice day. Lucinda
- February 27, 2021 at 5:52 am #454704Katey DoeLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
Hi Lucinda, I prefer to be nice I don’t understand why people need to say awful things but they do. I hope you have a great day. Thank you for your thoughts. Hugs Katey
- February 27, 2021 at 9:21 am #454784Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1296Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1460 times
it does not pay to be nasty to people, it just causes trouble, a fight or what ever might happen. we are all human and every one has different thoughts and ideas. some are very nice to others and then some are just down right nasty. we can not change the way the are, just like the Government but we will not go there. we life our life’s the way the system lets us life. have a great day and enjoy being who we are. Lucinda
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 27, 2021 at 4:53 am #454678patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 70Replies: 1313Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 4625 times
- February 27, 2021 at 4:57 am #454681
- February 26, 2021 at 7:08 pm #454491Effie FulkDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 21Replies: 540Has thanked: 1125 timesBeen thanked: 1731 times
- February 27, 2021 at 1:58 am #454586
- February 26, 2021 at 1:14 pm #454305Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1090Has thanked: 3584 timesBeen thanked: 5273 times
- February 26, 2021 at 1:26 pm #454318
- February 26, 2021 at 6:41 am #454079Rowena GoldLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 73Has thanked: 1480 timesBeen thanked: 264 times
I feel comfortable wearing my around-the-house sundress as I read the nice responses to your ray of sunshine topic, Katie.
Shortly I will be heading to the kitchen to make cottage pie for supper with my daughter. We will have a cozy evening together watching the dogs frolic in the sunset and then curl up at our feet as it gets dark.
I am happy to have friends here to share these simple pleasures.
- February 26, 2021 at 4:10 am #454009stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8974 times
Foos yer doos katey? Fit like? Fit are ye dae’in t’day?
Its nice to be able to come on CDH and talk gibberish (actually Doric Scots), to amuse and entertain, bamboozle, and raise an eyebrow or two. Hopefully make someone smile or laugh. Nice to make someone think. Nice to be an idiot for a while. CDH is a nice haven for us girls who spend much of their time hiding from the world. Even better, its nice to talk to our friends and sisters.
Actually nice is not a strong enough word really.
It will do , so I would like to say hello to everybody – ” Aye aye fit like?”
Bosies (hugs!), Stephanie P.
- February 26, 2021 at 1:48 pm #454341Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 432Has thanked: 2242 timesBeen thanked: 1592 times
- February 26, 2021 at 5:12 pm #454450
- February 26, 2021 at 4:37 am #454027LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
Good Morning Stephanie,
This is a great place to be yourself, to make jokes, to get everyone to smile and laugh, to support each other, and it’s a great way to get rid of stress. I love CDH and I am so happy I found it. Thank you for sharing your happy thoughts with us. Hugs – Katey
- February 26, 2021 at 3:33 am #453997MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 222Has thanked: 864 timesBeen thanked: 895 times
I had a lazy wake up today, and looked out of the curtains to a blue sky and sunshine. That’s the third sunny day here in Wales in a week. Bye, bye Winter, spring is sprung!
A burst of the Beatles:
“I need to laugh, and when the sun is out,
I’ve got something I can laugh about … ”
- February 26, 2021 at 4:11 am #454010LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
- February 26, 2021 at 3:36 am #454003Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
- February 26, 2021 at 3:49 am #454005MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 222Has thanked: 864 timesBeen thanked: 895 times
- February 26, 2021 at 1:16 am #453958Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 876Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 2902 times
Ahhh… Bonjour Katey… comment vas tu? Isn’t a fab day? I’ve had the best day! I rediscovered a bra that I thought I had thrown out… turns out that a fellow CHDer had given me a tip on how to wear it better!
You’re right… so many people are negative about their and others lives! I can only say… my life is nearly complete and how much I am thankful for that! The sun shines brighter, the problems are well smaller, the colours brighter…
Love ❤️ Polly
- February 26, 2021 at 4:15 am #454012LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
I love the sunshine. I’m happy that your life is moving in the right direction and your almost complete. Its always nice to find undies that you thought were gone, what a nice surprise. Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts. Hugs – Katey
- February 26, 2021 at 12:24 am #453951Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3796 timesBeen thanked: 5661 times
Once upon a time if you passed someone in the street, friend or stranger, you would hear two simple words…..
” Good morning”!!!…
How I miss that….
It needs to return.
“Good morning”, have a good day everyone (smiles)……grace ❤️
- February 26, 2021 at 5:51 am #454056HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 276Has thanked: 1001 timesBeen thanked: 1044 times
Grace, there is something that happens in my area that I don’t see anywhere else I have been to. I used to live in a big ugly city, and most city people are cold-hearted. Well it at least it seems that why, it’s not true, but it comes across that way.
Now I am going to explain myself. When I lived in the ugly city, people barely wave or said anything to you. Then when I moved out to where the Amish live and live among them.
I notice a change in people on my first day here.
It was like going back in time, to a much friendlier place in time. People will honk and wave to you if you in the fields, They will wave to you when you’re passing them on the road. Total strangers to get out of their car just to talk to you.
See I have Idea on this why. See I think people here check on each other. Like one time I didn’t wave to someone, and they stopped their car. Then came over to talked to me and see if I needed help. I believe the wave to each other meet you were okay.
Also, men here tip their hats to you, they take their hats off when indoors, hold doors open for you and all people say hello. Some will even stop and just talk to you about nothing.
I never experience this kind of behavior in the big ugly city. Sure the big ugly city has all that fancy technology stuff. Like high speed Internet and cellphones, but to tell you the truth. I don’t miss it one bit and I like it this way.
But a change is coming, see some city people are moving out here, and they want all that crap. They want working cellphones, that high speed Internet and all the rest of the junk. Like five miles down the road they are building two giant cellphones and wireless internet towers.
Talk about an ugly view in the sky, I been thinking about selling my farm and move even farther north. Just to get away from it. Right now I like it, see people come here and their fancy cellphones don’t work, there is no Wi-Fi and if you want to use the Internet. Well make sure no one is using the phone. Because we have old school dial-up Internet. I am just waiting for that letter from the telephone company saying. Sorry to inform yo, but are no longer supporting your area with your house phone and dial-up Internet.
Then I have a choice to make either join the mess of warrantless spying and no privacy or join the Amish and Mennonites church.
I am sorry that this turned into a rant, but hey, at least it’s off my chest and feel better just running off at the fingers.
- February 26, 2021 at 4:30 am #454022
- February 26, 2021 at 4:18 am #454013LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
- February 26, 2021 at 3:46 am #454004Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
Grace; you couldn’t be more right. It may only be a simple couple of words, but it makes everyone feel just that little bit better. Here in the middle of good old England, the older folk amongst us come up with “Ey up, me duck, yorrait?” I’m not bothered what everyone else’s local version may be – but please use it no matter what. After 2020, I think we all need a little boost, no matter how small it may be. So, to all you ladies out there: Ey up, me ducks: yorrait like? East Midland Inga…………
- February 26, 2021 at 4:20 am #454015LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
I agree with say something polite, do something nice for someone, it may catch on and before you know we are all treating each other with respect. Hugs – Katey
- February 26, 2021 at 12:47 am #453954
- February 25, 2021 at 11:33 pm #453946LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 470Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 2096 times
Something it’s nice to say to the world and even nicer to hear. It’s especially nice to say and to feel with that special person who sees me as I really am.
I love you
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by LisaT.
- February 25, 2021 at 8:29 pm #453929LadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 276Has thanked: 1001 timesBeen thanked: 1044 times
Yeah, I know I posted something already, but I have this poem that fits almost all of us. So I thought this would be a great spot to share it.
A CROSSDRESSERS LOVE AFFAIR
You knock on the door
I let you in
A smile on your lips
A sweet kiss for me
As you walk by
Gently swaying your hips
You whisper softly
A sparkle in your eyes
My heart beats fast
I cannot speak
My love I can’t disguise
You look outside
Your smile fades
They wouldn’t understand
Don’t let them see
Our special love
A crossdresser and her man
Pull down the shade
It’ll be our secret
No one needs to know
Put on some music
Sit down beside me
Turn the lights down low
I kiss your lips
Feel your heat
Our arms now entwined
The touch of your hand
Upon my face
Sends shivers down my spine
Our passion grows
A fire is lit
A flame that takes control
I’m taken over
My desire for you
I feel down in my soul
Our two bodies
Turn into one
As slowly we make love
This feeling inside
Far more rapturous
Than the heavens up above
Our intimate moment
Seems not to last
And too quickly passes by
Our passion spent
We hold each other
I breathe a heavy sigh
“I love you”
I whisper softly
As I stroke your silky hair
“I love you too”
You smile back
Into my eyes you stare
The world outside
May not accept
What it does not understand
But here inside
We’re safe and sound
A crossdresser and her man
- February 26, 2021 at 4:27 am #454020LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
You can post as much as your heart desires. The purpose of this is to show CD that we are different and we care for each other and society. I think people enjoy a warm heart and a smile on their face. Thank you for posting this beautiful poem. Post as much as you want. Hugs – Katey
- February 25, 2021 at 8:27 pm #453927Octavia LongDuchessRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 32Replies: 78Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 576 times
Katey I stopped watching the news a while ago. I know that it will still affect me. Good things are I love this site. I feel very good mentally now that Octavia is not hiding as much as she was. The new green deal will kill this town but I am talented and insightful enough that I will be fine. I know that summer is close and I can be at my lake house. Maybe I can try a one piece bathing suit this year. I love my lake house. I will never sell it but it is worth ten times what I paid for it.
- February 26, 2021 at 4:31 am #454023LadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
Good Morning Octavia,
I am happy that you are feeling good mentally. I am the same and very happy that I get to show the world more of Katey, and we love seeing Octivia. Everyone has their happy place, yours sounds wonderful a beautiful lake house. I hope you get to enjoy that house often. Put that one piece on, Lady you deserve it. Thank you for posting, Hugs – Katey
- February 25, 2021 at 7:47 pm #453913BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 174Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 714 times
There’s so many nice people out there that are keeping things running. We all tend to take them for granted. So I think that not only say it here but let’s all thank those people that are out there in the thick of things including store clerks, cashiers and service trades. Don’t forget to thank that veteran, cop, nurse or firefighter for their service. I have found that all appreciate the recognition and leave with a smile. If able leave a unexpected tip, pick up a tab, or give a gift card. Stephanie
- February 25, 2021 at 7:25 pm #453907MauraLadyRegistered On: February 14, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
Today the temperature climbed above 40 degrees, the sky was blue, the sun shined brightly and a steady breeze brought us clean, cool air here in New Hampshire. There’s simple beauty and joy in a lovely day.
- February 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm #453897GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1041Has thanked: 9057 timesBeen thanked: 4290 times
- February 25, 2021 at 7:55 pm #453920
- February 25, 2021 at 6:15 pm #453895Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 225Has thanked: 649 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
- February 25, 2021 at 7:57 pm #453921
- February 25, 2021 at 6:13 pm #453894LadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 276Has thanked: 1001 timesBeen thanked: 1044 times
Abraham Lincoln once said: If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
Albert Einstein said this. The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits and this one to. Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.
Did you know the great Benny Hill said this: Have you noticed that all the people in favor of birth control are already born?
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.” by Carl Sagan
Charlton Heston said this many times in his life and I find it to be true. Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
- February 25, 2021 at 7:58 pm #453922
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.