• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Fara TG
      Lady

I’m trying to be proactive. I found a good therapist in the area that has experience with gender counseling. I really don’t know where I live on the spectrum, and I hope visiting a therapist can help guide me to an answer. I’m anxious and scared at the same time.

Can someone describe to me how their first visit to a therapist went?

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Gia,
      Here is the link to my story about my first counseling visit! https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/starting-counseling-and-the-road-to-recovery/

It was not limited to the crossdressing issues but that was a big part of it! I had never been much of a believer in counseling but girl was I wrong! It is so amazing to have someone to whom you can tell EVERYTHING about yourself! A good counselor doesn’t TELL you what your thought are–they help you to explore and discover your OWN feelings and gives you the tools to lear n more about yourself and accept yourself.

I too am in a similar position. A closeted CD for most of my life I was convinced that that was ALL I was until recently. If you asked me. I would have said that I’d never even think about being out and about much less even THINK about transitioning. But in he last year or two, I have come too realize that it is NOT enough to just dress as a female! I feel as though there is a female soul inside of me that is who I truly am and the question now is how much she gets a chance to live and be out in the world! If money were no object and I did not have to work or worry about keeping my job, I might already have made the transition. But work IS a concern! So I am seeing my counselor-exploring my feelings and how far things need to go to be truly me! I feel as though I am being chases by a tsunami of femininity and that it may only be a matter of time before I am awash. This is something I both fear and look forward to at the same time! We ill see how this journey plays out in the coming months and tears!. Hope this helped answer your questions a little bit anyway!

Hugs,
      Cyn

Anonymous

oh gia and cyn,

I have tears in my eyes as I read this, I’ve just been to my doctor, he has excepted me fully and wants to help me.

I will be going to a gender therapist shortly. actually even though I am scared and apprehensive, I am looking forward to it so much.

lots of love to you both.

tracey x

Anonymous

Gina,
      Just like you recently I found I had Gender Dysphoria issues for a long time, and I was try in denial and think I had a fetish of like women clothing. I try stop the urged by gave all my woman cloths to charity, and dump all my makeup in the trash. For past 10 years I was so miserable and each time I walk saw a woman my mind just wish I look like her.  Recently I had a friend who begin her transition, and I ask her how she knew she had gender dysphoria issued.  When she told me her story about decision to transition, and I compare her story to my think begin to click.  I begin to realize I had been in denial for so long that why I always feel miserable.  This Friday I will meet with Gender Therapist for the first time.  Now I am nervous and happy. Good luck

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Good luck Luanne!LEt us know how your appointment went!!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Tracey- I am SOOO happy for you . Please keep us updated on your progress!

Anonymous

2016_transitioning for transgender and transsexual women: Fara TG original post: 

I’m trying to be proactive. I found a good therapist in the area that has experience with gender counseling. I really don’t know where I live on the spectrum, and I hope visiting a therapist can help guide me to an answer. I’m anxious and scared at the same time.

Can someone describe to me how their first visit to a therapist went?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?