Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 887

I would suggest find some who work from their home instead of a business location. You’re more likely to have the privacy (others not coming in) while getting pinned.

Call and ask if they would fit a crossdresser. My guess is most will. They don’t really care, they’re just altering clothes. Also ask when they’re less busy with customers and that you’d like some privacy when getting fitted.

Being scared, I’m guessing you haven’t been out before. So I would suggest wearing as much as you can (any padding, shape wear, a bra under your male shirt) so you only have to put the breast forms in instead of having to do a full transformation. If it makes you comfortable, put on some makeup to act as a beard cover and bring a wig too. This makes for an easier time in and out, not having to do a full transformation when you get there, and less likely to be seen by others.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Gaje Snolyn
        Lady
        Registered On: June 19, 2021
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 7

Thank you for your excellent suggestions, Alison!  Someone who works from their home would definitely be more comforting.  It would be great if you could schedule an appointment, so that you’re the only one there.  And you’re right… I’ve never been out en femme.  I’ve been fully dressed, but only in the confines of my home.  Hopefully, that will change someday soon.

Again, thanks so much!!

Gaje

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Replies: 442

You could buy a simple machine and learn how to sew. My sweetie attended a beginner class at a fabric and crafts store, enfemme. Had a great time!

There lots of people who do alterations at home, their costs are less without having the shop overhead.

Gaje Snolyn
        Lady

Thank you, Eileen. Yes, I’ve thought about that. My wife even has 2 sewing machines.  But, learning to sew, and alter clothes, isn’t something that really interests me.  That plus borrowing her sewing machine could be dangerous if I’m ever caught. 🙂

Eileen Bach
          Baroness

That’s right, you’re still a secret. Make your wife a skirt or something, LOL! Maybe a community to your e-mail? You don’t need a seamstress, just alterations. Who knows, some gal with talent might love to dress you up!

Gaje Snolyn
            Lady

Hi Eileen…. I just read your bio. Your husband is a cross dresser, correct?  I applaud, and thank, you for being an accepting and understanding wife.  I can only dream about a situation like that.  Can I ask you what you felt inside when you learned about your husband’s dressing?  Did he disclose this to you, or did you stumble upon it by accident?

Stephanie Bass
      Hostess
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 4187

Hi Gaje nice to meet you and wish we were closer as wife does a lot of mine with my help but alas we live in NE Montana atleast a few miles away good luck just keep looking around like facebook and other social media might find something there..

Stephanie  Bass

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Gaje Snolyn
        Lady

Thank you, Stephanie.  I appreciate your reply.  Yes, I wish we were closer, as well.  I’m so jealous that you have an understanding wife!  Gaje

Gaje Snolyn
      Lady

Big thanks to Peggy Sue and Marg, and spasibo bolshoyo to Samanta for your replies and suggestions.  Of course there are many tailors and seamstresses in my area.  The problem isn’t finding one.  My problem is not having the guts to take my femme items there to be altered.  I’m too chicken.  I’ve never been out in public en femme.  One of the biggest reasons is my height… 6’ 4”  Now, if there was a tailor who advertised or catered to the CD community, that would be different.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Eileen Bach
        Baroness

Those that do alterations are not going to specify to CD customers. Come one, come all. A buck is a buck, unless it’s a doe, which is still dough as in income.

5 users thanked author for this post.
          Ginger Snap
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: March 9, 2022
          Topics: 18
          Replies: 153

Eileen

Love  it, very witty lol

Hugs Ginger

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: June 26, 2019
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 428

Gaje,

I see from your profile that you are located in Boston, a large northeastern city.  This should make your seamstress search somewhat easier.  I am located in Atlanta, another large city with no shortage of seamstresses.

Money is money and business is business, so I don’t think you are going to run into anyone who is going to turn your business away.  In my area, strip mall dry cleaning shops often offer shoe repair, as well as alterations.  Trouble is they send out their alterations work, after they do the marking and pinning up.  I prefer a place that has a seamstress on the premises.  Thus, search for a place that has an on site seamstress.  Make phone calls.  Somebody once told me there are seamstresses that operate out of private homes, but I am not sure about that.

What I did was locate a few places that had on site seamstresses, then I visited them in person while cross dressed and told them I had dresses and skirts I wanted to bring in and get altered and could they do the work for me?  I wanted to see their reaction.

Keep in mind, seamstress work is not cheap.  I just had a long dress shortened.  It cost $25, and I am a long time regular customer of this particular lady.  The dress was of light material.

BTW, I often bring in a dress when I am in male clothing.  Then try it on in the shop and step out of the dressing room so the seamstress can fit it for me.  It is so much fun watching the reaction of dry cleaning customers as they come in and see this guy in a beautiful dress with a seamstress doing a fitting.

Hugs…Peggy Sue

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Саманта
        Managing Ambassador
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 769
        Replies: 1666

Somebody once told me there are seamstresses that operate out of private homes, but I am not sure about that.

It’s true. There are a couple of those around here. One of them also has a huge contraption that makes quilts. However, I’m nowhere near New England either.

Stephanie Bass
          Hostess
          Registered On: November 30, 2019
          Topics: 27
          Replies: 4187

Hi Sam yes i have heard some of the seamstress in your area are supposed to be wonderful in MARCO styles he he he Hugs girlfriend..

Stephanie

Marg Produe
      Lady
      Registered On: March 16, 2022
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 248

Hi Gaje,  I’m a women’s costumer and am Midwest located but don’t know anyone in your area.  I do know that most dry cleaners will offer the service that your are looking for.  Otherwise do a search for LGBTIQ friendly clothing and alterations.  Perhaps that will help you.  Best wishes,  Marg

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.