• This topic has 33 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Becka.
Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Samantha Joan
      Hostess

As a lady who likes to wrap up warm in the winter but not great in exposing arms and legs in the summer, do you have a favourite time of the year or season for dressing..?

Fall/winter for me. Love the fashions!

Definitely Fall/Winter is my favorite but also love my daisy dukes and tanks in the Summer with smooth tanned legs!

Steffy
      Lady

Fall/Winter.  Much easier to hide masculine features under the larger and more bulky type clothes.  Also, I LOVE wearing tall boots!!

I love to dress anytime, but I agree that the fall/winter is the best. I wear long sleeve blouse and dresses, so this time of year is great for them.

Super cool sun dresses, chunky heeled sandals, floppy hats and biiig sunglasses for the UKs 10 day spring and summer (spread over 3 months) to absorb enough vitamin D for our 9 month wet and windy autumn.

Anonymous

Sally,
        I love the image your description brings to mind; but I need to buy a floppy hat. Over the past 2 weeks, we are alternating through 3 out of the 4 seasons, here. You can wear everything.

Anonymous

I love all seasons.   I am a skirt and dress sort of gal and alway wear and love hose.  So winter was my favorite.  Now, this summer, I had been shaving my legs and arms and found that I love love love showing some leg. I have so absolutely darling rompers, shorts and dresses for summer.  So, I live all seasons

Hugggs.  Annie

Hi girls,

I think I like winter for being able to underdress more easily.

As far as dressing I like spring and fall as celeste mentioned. not too hot or too cold temps.

Although I am in the closet so I do not have the experience a lot of you girls have.

Like sally said here in Ky we do not have much spring and fall it seems any more.

I do like skater dresses a lot.

Patty

I love fall and winter because of the cooler temps.  I also love the look of a pair of high boots with a plaid skirt.  I find that combination to be so attractive.

Anonymous

Hi, Samantha
      I’m a jeans (or capri) and tee girl, myself; so it’s Summertime for me.

Anonymous

Fall\ winter for me, I love the tight jeans with a sweater and tall boots, throw on my leather jacket and I’m ready to go.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

It used to be the cooler months were my favorite. I could shave my legs and nobody was the wiser. But in Southern California there’s only 2-3 months when it’s cool enough to wear long pants most of the time. So 9 months of the year I’d let the hair grow, and would dress much less often because of the ick factor. As I got older, bouts of dysphoria came more often, and with more intensity. Feeling feminine on a regular basis became a necessity. Now I just don’t care. I keep my body hair free, and am making it permanent with laser hair removal. Now every season is a favorite for this girl!

Emily

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Just started dressing to go out this past spring, so I am just now enjoying the the variety of fall into winter wardrobe items.  Only have one pair of winter-worthy boots so far, but am able to to wear a couple of my wife’s nice winter coats and silky scarves which has been fun.

For practical purposes, I’ll vote for late spring and early fall with modest temps so I won’t sweat off my makeup but also needn’t go nuts with layering.

Spring and summer. Why? SUNDRESSES,!!

Hi Gals !!

Well, all year is a great time for playing dress up, with each season giving us opportunity to experiment with different looks and styles.

Because I live in the Arizona Desert, I really enjoy our “winter” months over the hot, summer time. In the winter months, the temperatures are around the 60’s and 70’s, so you can comfortably wear clothing. Our summers can reach 120′ degrees, and who wants to wear anything when it’ that hot!!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have large hairy male arms and legs, (tho the leg hair is coming off in 2020. New Years resolution!!)

So I will just repeat my oft repeated quote on this site.

“Crossdressing is a winter sport”

Well autumn and spring to a certain extent as well. Coolish summer days I can underdress, but a 105’F Australian summer day is strictly male shorts and T shirt.

Happy dressing wherever you are and what ever the current weather happens to be

Caty

Definitely Fall is my favorite. Skinny Jean’s, cute socks pulled over pant legs with nice booties. Padded bras under light tunic sweaters, knit hats, light makeup. etc. Just llove it!

Anonymous

Bettylou is just completing her first year fully regenerated – and discovered the joy of wearing shorts and frilly tees.  Definitely a minimalist where clothing is concerned, so that makes me a Summertime girl.  Not to  mention that 80 is a “cool” temperature to me.

Krista
        Duchess

OMG Bettylou, we had a wonderful summer this year, I don’t think we made it to 80. That is just too darn hot for me.  Typically comfortable around 40 to 50 degrees F.  Though it starts to get pretty cool at minus 40 (made it to minus 54 last winter).  I like spring & fall the best as they present the most options for dressing.    Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Oh, my!  To each her own, Krista.  I once did a tour of duty at Lowry AFB (Denver) CO, and the week I moved my family up from South Texas, the temp varied from -10 to +5  , and I think I was cold the entire 4 years, except for trips South to visit my wife’s family.  It’s hard to look pretty in a overcoat.

Hugs,

Bettylou

I’m an all season girl but summer is by far my absolute fave. The shorts and flirty skirts make my day. Now if I can just get a handle on this tummy for all my crop tops.

Anonymous

Hello SJ

love it all really…short summer dresses and sandals….with Sally’s biiiig sunglasses ( she is so right about our 10 day spring and summer in the UK)…..but I also love the cooler darker winter….nice leggings and over the knee boots are so scrummy, and I have some lovely sparkly bobble hats and matching scarves..huggs Grace xx

Emily
      Lady

Definitely a fall/winter girl. Love, love, love, comfy warm sweaters, tights, maxi skirts, and scarves.

Honestly i love all seasons – finding the right outfit for the weather and occasion is the best part for me.  i like exploring a lot of different looks and trying to find the one that makes me look more femme.

suzette

My fave season is fall and definitely winter.  I can dress comfortably as Wendy without overheating.

I use to only dress fall thru spring and literally purge most things for the summer only to get a new outfit or two in the fall.  As I started to get nicer things I stopped doing that but now have more than I can stash easily.  I will dress a bit in the summer with tights or jeans, and always long sleeves if i know i will be in air conditioning such as a large hotel with restaurant or mall area.  I notice any women wear long sleeves in the summer due to offices being kept too cold but they are light blouses and button downs.

All season for me too sinceI adore the fashions of each one from summer cotton dresses to suits with pleated skirts with blouses

Summer, definitely.

I have no qualms about “exposing” anything – we all have bodies, and we’re not all models.

I really love floaty summer dresses, but, when the seasons change, my style changes with them, and I enjoy creating all the looks, with oranges, reds and browns with a dash of green for Autumn – warm days, short skirts, bare legs, colder days tights, longer skirts – it’s all good!

Love Laura

When I lived in New York State I would have said Winter, or at least, cool weather. I would wear hose, layered outfits and sweater dresses. However, 4 1/2 years ago I retired and moved to the SoCal desert. Our weather ranges from very hot to merely warm, which is not conducive to wearing any of the above. However, the upside is that it does allow for short shorts, short skorts and short dresses…

So since I am so new at this, well since last October. I am just now getting into the fall wardrobe. I’ve been buying sweater dresses and boots and the fall colors work so well with my fair skin and red hair. I am excited for winter to come.

Hugs

Diane

Anonymous

Although I do LOVE spring and summer and the colorful light and flowy dresses you can wear…. I am a fall girl! I can hide my wider shoulders with fluffy sweaters and long draping cardigan sweaters. Cowl necks help to hide my adam’s apple and a light scarf is not un appropriate this time of year also. Yes, for me girls, hands down it’s fall favorite!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Spring and fall is the best time for dressing. Not too hot. Not too cold. Sometimes the heat and humidity of summer makes wearing a wig very uncomfortable. Brutal clod of winter makes wearing pantyhose and a short dress quite chilling. I usually won’t go out dressed during those times unless I’m going to a party or meeting.

Becka
      Lady

I actually enjoy winter, because then I can wear my tights!

I love tights, they feel so good.  I also have a number of great pairs of gurl jeans I love to wear with booties, so I get to wear those more in the winter, too!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?