- December 7, 2019 at 3:39 am #256309Samantha JoanAmbassadorRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 68Has thanked: 347 timesBeen thanked: 239 times
As a lady who likes to wrap up warm in the winter but not great in exposing arms and legs in the summer, do you have a favourite time of the year or season for dressing..?
- October 3, 2020 at 7:15 am #389855rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 75Replies: 817Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 1440 times
- September 26, 2020 at 4:42 am #387697Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1363Has thanked: 956 timesBeen thanked: 3181 times
Spring and fall is the best time for dressing. Not too hot. Not too cold. Sometimes the heat and humidity of summer makes wearing a wig very uncomfortable. Brutal clod of winter makes wearing pantyhose and a short dress quite chilling. I usually won’t go out dressed during those times unless I’m going to a party or meeting.
- September 25, 2020 at 9:29 pm #387649Mary Ann SummersParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 94Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 674 times
Although I do LOVE spring and summer and the colorful light and flowy dresses you can wear…. I am a fall girl! I can hide my wider shoulders with fluffy sweaters and long draping cardigan sweaters. Cowl necks help to hide my adam’s apple and a light scarf is not un appropriate this time of year also. Yes, for me girls, hands down it’s fall favorite!
- September 25, 2020 at 5:16 pm #387592Diane CrowParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 164Has thanked: 1440 timesBeen thanked: 702 times
So since I am so new at this, well since last October. I am just now getting into the fall wardrobe. I’ve been buying sweater dresses and boots and the fall colors work so well with my fair skin and red hair. I am excited for winter to come.
- September 25, 2020 at 3:17 pm #387551DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 594Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1380 times
When I lived in New York State I would have said Winter, or at least, cool weather. I would wear hose, layered outfits and sweater dresses. However, 4 1/2 years ago I retired and moved to the SoCal desert. Our weather ranges from very hot to merely warm, which is not conducive to wearing any of the above. However, the upside is that it does allow for short shorts, short skorts and short dresses…
- September 25, 2020 at 12:44 pm #387504Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 371Has thanked: 1003 timesBeen thanked: 1671 times
I have no qualms about “exposing” anything – we all have bodies, and we’re not all models.
I really love floaty summer dresses, but, when the seasons change, my style changes with them, and I enjoy creating all the looks, with oranges, reds and browns with a dash of green for Autumn – warm days, short skirts, bare legs, colder days tights, longer skirts – it’s all good!
- September 25, 2020 at 8:00 am #387410Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 310Has thanked: 1246 timesBeen thanked: 1042 times
- September 25, 2020 at 5:47 am #387393Nancy GammsParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 11Replies: 180Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
I use to only dress fall thru spring and literally purge most things for the summer only to get a new outfit or two in the fall. As I started to get nicer things I stopped doing that but now have more than I can stash easily. I will dress a bit in the summer with tights or jeans, and always long sleeves if i know i will be in air conditioning such as a large hotel with restaurant or mall area. I notice any women wear long sleeves in the summer due to offices being kept too cold but they are light blouses and button downs.
- September 25, 2020 at 5:04 am #387381Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 237Has thanked: 146 timesBeen thanked: 804 times
- September 25, 2020 at 4:03 am #387371Suzette YorkParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 698 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
Honestly i love all seasons – finding the right outfit for the weather and occasion is the best part for me. i like exploring a lot of different looks and trying to find the one that makes me look more femme.
- September 25, 2020 at 1:45 am #387346EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 460Has thanked: 2323 timesBeen thanked: 1124 times
- September 25, 2020 at 1:05 am #387341Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 331Has thanked: 1930 timesBeen thanked: 1585 times
love it all really…short summer dresses and sandals….with Sally’s biiiig sunglasses ( she is so right about our 10 day spring and summer in the UK)…..but I also love the cooler darker winter….nice leggings and over the knee boots are so scrummy, and I have some lovely sparkly bobble hats and matching scarves..huggs Grace xx
- September 24, 2020 at 5:48 pm #387228Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 1454Has thanked: 6244 timesBeen thanked: 3378 times
- September 24, 2020 at 4:38 pm #387221Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1438Has thanked: 2350 timesBeen thanked: 4279 times
Bettylou is just completing her first year fully regenerated – and discovered the joy of wearing shorts and frilly tees. Definitely a minimalist where clothing is concerned, so that makes me a Summertime girl. Not to mention that 80 is a “cool” temperature to me.
- September 25, 2020 at 7:47 am #387408KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 229Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 751 times
OMG Bettylou, we had a wonderful summer this year, I don’t think we made it to 80. That is just too darn hot for me. Typically comfortable around 40 to 50 degrees F. Though it starts to get pretty cool at minus 40 (made it to minus 54 last winter). I like spring & fall the best as they present the most options for dressing. Hugs, Krista.
- September 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm #387542Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1438Has thanked: 2350 timesBeen thanked: 4279 times
Oh, my! To each her own, Krista. I once did a tour of duty at Lowry AFB (Denver) CO, and the week I moved my family up from South Texas, the temp varied from -10 to +5 , and I think I was cold the entire 4 years, except for trips South to visit my wife’s family. It’s hard to look pretty in a overcoat.
- September 24, 2020 at 4:22 pm #387218Amber JamiesParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
- December 10, 2019 at 9:20 pm #257488Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 69Replies: 656Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1950 times
I have large hairy male arms and legs, (tho the leg hair is coming off in 2020. New Years resolution!!)
So I will just repeat my oft repeated quote on this site.
“Crossdressing is a winter sport”
Well autumn and spring to a certain extent as well. Coolish summer days I can underdress, but a 105’F Australian summer day is strictly male shorts and T shirt.
Happy dressing wherever you are and what ever the current weather happens to be
- December 10, 2019 at 8:12 am #257242Breanna LeighParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2018Topics: 33Replies: 429Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 1162 times
Hi Gals !!
Well, all year is a great time for playing dress up, with each season giving us opportunity to experiment with different looks and styles.
Because I live in the Arizona Desert, I really enjoy our “winter” months over the hot, summer time. In the winter months, the temperatures are around the 60’s and 70’s, so you can comfortably wear clothing. Our summers can reach 120′ degrees, and who wants to wear anything when it’ that hot!!
- December 10, 2019 at 8:00 am #257237
- December 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm #256473Rochelle MillsParticipantRegistered On: March 16, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 101Has thanked: 204 timesBeen thanked: 178 times
Just started dressing to go out this past spring, so I am just now enjoying the the variety of fall into winter wardrobe items. Only have one pair of winter-worthy boots so far, but am able to to wear a couple of my wife’s nice winter coats and silky scarves which has been fun.
For practical purposes, I’ll vote for late spring and early fall with modest temps so I won’t sweat off my makeup but also needn’t go nuts with layering.
- December 7, 2019 at 1:23 pm #256470Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 279Has thanked: 236 timesBeen thanked: 1151 times
It used to be the cooler months were my favorite. I could shave my legs and nobody was the wiser. But in Southern California there’s only 2-3 months when it’s cool enough to wear long pants most of the time. So 9 months of the year I’d let the hair grow, and would dress much less often because of the ick factor. As I got older, bouts of dysphoria came more often, and with more intensity. Feeling feminine on a regular basis became a necessity. Now I just don’t care. I keep my body hair free, and am making it permanent with laser hair removal. Now every season is a favorite for this girl!
- December 7, 2019 at 9:34 am #256443Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 335Has thanked: 511 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
- December 7, 2019 at 8:44 am #256410
- December 7, 2019 at 8:39 am #256402
- December 7, 2019 at 8:27 am #256396Vicki SmytheParticipantRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 95Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
- December 7, 2019 at 8:15 am #256389patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 1135Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 3685 times
I think I like winter for being able to underdress more easily.
As far as dressing I like spring and fall as celeste mentioned. not too hot or too cold temps.
Although I am in the closet so I do not have the experience a lot of you girls have.
Like sally said here in Ky we do not have much spring and fall it seems any more.
I do like skater dresses a lot.
- December 7, 2019 at 7:00 am #256361Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 573Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1495 times
Overall fall is my favorite season as I live in New England USA. It’s not too hot or too cold and the fall colors are so beautiful. I think for me the only reason crossdressing wise to enjoy this season and winter a little more is that I can wear gloves in drab mode. This allows me to wear my kiss impress nails for several days at a time.
- December 7, 2019 at 6:27 am #256352AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 82Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 235 times
I love all seasons. I am a skirt and dress sort of gal and alway wear and love hose. So winter was my favorite. Now, this summer, I had been shaving my legs and arms and found that I love love love showing some leg. I have so absolutely darling rompers, shorts and dresses for summer. So, I live all seasons
- December 7, 2019 at 6:15 am #256348Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 216Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 715 times
Super cool sun dresses, chunky heeled sandals, floppy hats and biiig sunglasses for the UKs 10 day spring and summer (spread over 3 months) to absorb enough vitamin D for our 9 month wet and windy autumn.
- December 7, 2019 at 6:04 am #256340Nicole BoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 150Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 358 times
- December 7, 2019 at 4:47 am #256323SteffyParticipantRegistered On: April 6, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 26Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
- December 7, 2019 at 4:47 am #256322Amber JamiesParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
- December 7, 2019 at 4:26 am #256317
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.