• Creator
    Topic
    Jaime Pleat
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 79

Hi everyone! I hope that you good girls are doing well and feeling fine!

I was trying to find the TV documentary about the Transgender famous pioneer. I found the excerpt below of the exact part of the film I wanted to see again. I think there is enough here at least for a view “back in the day “ when you couldn’t count on even a mother’s support, who first dressed him as a girl. Yet denied knowing about it when our hero revealed where with her life she was going. The actual incidents on film captured as memories, was explicit in mother’s involvement. Interesting movie. Has anyone seen this if so, she was damn courageous and as a licensed medical Dr risked everything to be her true self. Best, Jaime

Richards tries to confide in her mother, Sadie (Louise Fletcher), who is a psychiatrist. Rather than provide love and understanding, she immediately becomes distant and makes it about her. Richards tries to connect and explain how the first time she went out in public dressed as a girl was at a Halloween party that Sadie brought her to. Sadie unconvincingly claims not to recall the event, but Richards doesn’t let that detour her. She explains to her mom that she continued and continues to sneak out of the house in feminine attire. She clearly states that dressing like a woman is a MUST. She says point-blank that a woman lives inside of her and she’s desperate to get out. While watching, I just waned Sadie to tell Richards that she would support and love her during the journey of self-discovery.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 249

Hubby and I watch this movie over the weekend, which led to more in depth conversation about our relationship. I want to thank Jaime for mentioning the movie, and Sylvia for the title to search for.

Some points we both found outdated from a life experienced 50+ years ago. Forced feminization does not a cross dresser make. Nor a trans gender.

Psychiatry at the time, (and still is IMO)is complete bunk. And most confusing for us, gender identity and sexual attraction are two different things. Richard loved at least two different women, Renee loved a man. Unless Richard was in denial being gay all along.

Anyway, enjoyed the movie. Afterwards, Terri stated again that if born a woman, she’d probably wish she was a man. Enjoy your cross dressing, my sweetie!

Hugs, Eileen

2 users thanked author for this post.
      ChloeC
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 541

Hi Jaime, well, I’m old enough to have followed Renee Richard’s story very closely when it came out, and of course, a lot of the criticism at the time has been echoed now in Lia Thomas’ life, although Ms. Richard barely came close to competing at the level of Billie Jean King or Chris Evert, the stars of that era. I did think she presented herself in interviews very competently from what I remember. I probably won’t see the movie as being quite familiar with the public version.

And as Skippy1965Cynthia pointed out, there were a several books published around that time about transgendered males to females, and I also read them very thoroughly, mostly envious that they were able to face their fears and follow through.  Jan Morrow continued to be in the public eye as she wrote several more times, but sadly Nancy Hunt and Canary Conn seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.  I hope they continued leading decent lives and just faded into the background as just another woman.

Hugs, ChloeC

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador
      Registered On: August 25, 2015
      Topics: 117
      Replies: 1324

Never saw the movie but, as a teen and young adult I read the book. Other TG autobiographies include “Canary” by Canary Conn, “Mirror Image” by Nancy Hunt, “Conundrum” by Jan Morris, and “The Christine Jorgensen Story” by Christine Jorgensen. And of course the movie “The Danish Girl”..All good reads and obviously each has some parallels with some of our members here.
      Cyn

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 3428

Hi Jaime i cant say i remember this as some of us older girls have these brain farts or crs sindrome you know ha ha but will Look into it and watch thanks as im allways looking for more CD type movies to watch ..

Stephanie Bass

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Jaime Pleat
        Lady

Dear Stephanie,
        First thank you your reply. You identify yourself and others as older having brain farts.
        Well when I finally pass, the autopsy will surely attempt to document how so much hot air could be produced and randomly be exhaled by my body. Thus, I will get my 15 minutes of fame, though unfortunately for me, posthumously. Take care, Jaime

Jaime Pleat
      Lady

Hi Everyone! I hope that all of you wonderful ladies are having a great Sunday.
      Please excuse my oversight but those of us interested in this remarkable story our thanks to Sylvia Pettie for her hustle to dig up the video from Utube. I tried to find it, but the young, the bright and the beautiful seem to always find a way!! Though I still consider myself young, bright and beautiful when I day dream about Sylvia!!
      Best to all/love Jaime

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Replies: 249

I was rather young when Renee’s story was in the news. At the time, I couldn’t imagine why anybody would do this to themselves, or how these issues would impact my life later on.

This will be a special ‘girl’s night’ movie to watch together! Thanks, Jaimie!

Billie Jean King may know tennis, but she knows nothing about biology.  Why else have separate Men’s and Women’s competion? Wasn’t she beat by a guy with poodles leashed to his ankles?

Hugs, Eileen

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 995

Back in the 70’s Renee rekindled her tennis career. She was good but could be beaten by the top women. Now this was all before this transgender competition today. Renee entered the U.S. open. She was denied and took the organisers to court citing discrimination. The defence was that it was unfair  as she had a male advantage. Amazingly Billie Jean King, a top tennis player, supported her in court to state that she did not have any advantage. The case was won and Renee could compete. This was in the 70’s!!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 1466

It has been awhile since I watched this movie.  There were a couple of things in the movie that I remember (hope I am remembering them right). One was when she was on the dance floor with a guy and he realized she was Trans and punched her in the stomach. That was such a horrible and sad thing to watch. But, to me, the most positive thing in the movie was that her best friend stood by her through it all.

So while there are hate filled people out there, there are also understanding and caring people.

Hugs, Liara

Jaime Pleat
        Lady

Hi thanks for your reply. I believe you understand exactly what this documentation movie meant to me. I saw this back in the early 90s or late 80s. I rented it at a very large store that had to order it—VHS!! And my wife was pregnant but stayed up past her sleep time. And she made it past the Halloween scene and went to bed. That became something that I “threw in” to my explanation of why I have worn girls clothes. She was kind and asked me to dress and show, but we didn’t talk about it again. Nonetheless, she saw and remembered several years later Renee and the scene.
        Best-love Jaime

Sylvia
      Lady
      Registered On: October 10, 2021
      Replies: 676

Hello Jaime !

I found the movie on you tube :

Love Sylvia.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.