- November 23, 2020 at 11:29 am #409840Hailey PQParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 6Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
Would anyone be interested in doing a Secret Santa? I think it would be so much fun to do with all you ladies here. With all the isolation right now, it could be fun to do something that brings us together.
Is this practicable?
- November 23, 2020 at 5:40 pm #409989Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 525Has thanked: 5419 timesBeen thanked: 2259 times
- November 23, 2020 at 5:26 pm #409985Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 192Has thanked: 1153 timesBeen thanked: 1095 times
- November 23, 2020 at 4:51 pm #409948Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 1047Has thanked: 9808 timesBeen thanked: 3371 times
- November 23, 2020 at 3:41 pm #409917Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 46Replies: 1304Has thanked: 6307 timesBeen thanked: 7421 times
Lovely idea….but I think even Santa will struggle with this one.
a present for someone who is not that person delivered to a place we don’t know by someone we can’t trust with the address…….
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!
Living in hope, grace 💋💋
- November 23, 2020 at 2:11 pm #409892Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 31Replies: 712Has thanked: 200 timesBeen thanked: 2149 times
I’m afraid it would never work. Unless you have met in person there’s really no proof that anyone here really is who they say they are. I expect the vast majority are but I would guess that there are also a few that are nothing like they say they are. Do you want to take that chance and give them your real name and address?
- November 23, 2020 at 1:08 pm #409878Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 165Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
I think it could be fun but how to do it practically is the tricky part. I guess we all have long wish lists that we want to share.
I guess one could use something like elfster but with so many in the closet it would be hard to send anything. I mean, how many here are ready to provide their real name and full address to “strangers” plus how to do the economy part for people where the SO doesn’t know and so on.
I wonder if acceptable that we come up with some money limit, make a wish list and then exchange that between each other (with elfster or so). The draw is done and a random person looks at your wish list and instead of really shipping the item just sends you an anonymous message with “I get you XX”.
Then instead of you buying for someone else you buy that item yourself (so no real addresses are exchanged) plus that it’s no risk anyone pay for a present and doesn’t get one them self or the value is outside your budget (since you can basically set your budget with the wish list).
Still the issue of spouse but it’s at least one way. Maybe not as big of a surprise but better hopefully than nothing
Please suggest some other better ways.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.