Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have a question for you that dress in secret and live(d) with partners, roommates or family that have no idea about it.
      Where are you storing your female apparel and what are you doing with laundry?
      Any stories about someone discovering your stash are welcomed.

Love ❤ Iris

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Iris!  Though it is no longer an issue for me, there were many years I had to hide my apparel from others.  Luckily I have a large collection of  complicated boardgames that no one ever had any interest in playing.  Some of the larger boxes could fit several panties/bras, a blouse or skirt.  Quite convenient,  and never discovered.  One large game – The Next War, must of held half my apparel, lol!

Unless your stash is overly large, there is always a cubby hole or private place you can find to hide them in!

Stevie 🙂

Hi Stevie
        It’s getting bigger and bigger every day. I store them in a medium sized suitcase in the loft right now, where my wife never goes. Shoes are the main issue.
        Iris 💋

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

“Where my wife never goes”.   Thats the important thing, eh?  Sounds ideal Iris, except you may need a second suitcase soon by the sounds of it. 😁

There’s a vast space up there for a lot of suitcases 😅

Though my wife is aware and supports my clothing preferences, we live with her parents which can create some issues.  Laundry is one of the more interesting issues, specifically my clothing items which must line dried (bras, dresses, blouses, etc).  To handle this, I must wait for circustances that will allow to wash these items, place them on hangers, and have the time to allow to dry away from prying eyes.  This is not always easy to accomplish, especially the last task.  I will often hang them in the basement (a place my in laws rarely ever venture), but my clothes do take longer to dry.  It is much easier when my in laws are travelling or I know that they will be gone for the day.  Then I am able to hang my clothes on the main floor, or better yet, outside during the spring and summer where everything is able to dry much faster.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Washing and especially drying is my nightmare too. We have a dryer but some items are not suitable for it. I hang them in the back of the garage sometimes but it’s a risk.
        You are in a weird situation but I’m happy you have a supportivewife .Are you planning to move to a place of your own?

Hi MacKenzie as was at Keystone and saw you there i didnt get to meet you we will remedie that next Keystone we go to ha ha ..

Stephanie bass

I keep my stash in boxes in amongst my hobby stuff, my SO doesn’t rummage in my hobby stuff so its safe there.  I have some clothes as well in a spare old suitcase that is in a wardrobe my SO doesn’t use; however she wants to know when I’ll be throwing out all the old suitcases and getting a couple of new ones – a  re-arrangement is going to be needed 🙂

My stash only comprises clothes and a couple of handbags.

I have a selection of unisex style shoes and coats/anoraks that I wear in man-mode & girl-mode.

My SO is tampering with everything and i need to be cautious. Thankfully she’s afraid of heights, so loft is safe 🤫

Anonymous
      Lady

I no longer have that issue but for decades I hid my stash in various places including the trunk of my car, house attic, work tool boxes, briefcases, garage, storage units, and the back of a closet.

As far as being discovered…. the second year of our marriage my wife got nosy and broke open a latch on one of my briefcases and found one of my bras. She blew up accusing me of having a big boobed girlfriend. I had a difficult time convincing her it really was mine which resulted in us going to couples marriage counseling. Back then the counselor really had no clue about crossdressers so I lied and said I was “cured” and went deep in the closet for decades and was never discovered again.

There were times I purged my small stash just to keep from being discovered and can’t count the many times I purged or the dollar amount I tossed. I Regret purging some of the items because they can never be replaced but I was never caught again.

About six years ago I was tired of hiding so I came out to the wife regardless of what might happen and the first thing she said was… “I thought you quit all that”. It hasn’t been a smooth ride but we are still together and I dress at home now without any problems and my clothes are kept in our closet and she doesn’t care.

I purged my items already some times so i know that feeling 😔
        Attic and boot of the car my company provides me are my hiding places.
        I’m tired of hiding too, so I’m close to the point of revealing my other self. Even then i will hide most of them because she’s going to kill me for buying so expensive stuff.

Hi again Iris its a delema i know but you will find the right place as i never had that issue with my wife as we got together it was like we met in september..Then her devorse was final in following february then we were married in March whew a whirwind but it was right as we just Passed 39 years married .. Came out to her just after we were married so clothing was not hidden had most packed away as lived with a room mate before moving in with wife she was very supportive and accepting good luck girlfriend..

Stephanie bass

Hi Stephanie,
        I store them in the attic for now. Not the most accessible area but my wife will never get up there and if she, I will tell her that they are left there from the previous owners.
        She might be curious about the size 11 shoes though 🤣

Ha ha Iris now we have something else in common im a size 11 also he he ..

Stephanie

I keep Marlene’s clothes in a large heavy shipping container, like a steamer trunk with better latches, no one ever tries to lift it, my problem was laundry day, some one stole all the washing out of the washers in the local laundry mat, my prize possession’s were in that load, wolford panytyhose and numerous skirts and teddy’s, the worst part of it all, how could I describe any of my missing clothes, the other washer was work clothes, I could see it now…..yes officer all those pantyhose and slips are mine if you find them please bring them back to me… so I just accept the loss, would break my heart to learn that some of Marlene’s wardrobe is lying in a backlane getting ruined.

That’s sad. I don’t think police would bothered even if you did report it. I used to go at laundry mats too, but i was calculating the exact time so i wouldn’t have unpleasant surprises.

Hi Iris.  I had a half basement and half crawl space, and used to keep clothes in the crawl space area.  When I moved I would keep my stuff (long before Harry Potter) in the “cupboard beneath the stairs” to the basement, where no one ever really looked.  It was eventually discovered but that’s a whole different story.

One time I had to pick up clothes from a CD’er with a degenerative neuromuscular disease who was afraid things were getting worse and needed to get rid of her stuff.  She kept her clothes in the garage in cardboard boxes from yard equipment (one was in the box for a leaf blower).  She figured her spouse would never look in there.

I do want to caution you about long term storage in the loft.  The extreme heat in the summer and cold in the winter is not good for long term storage of clothes.  It will shorten the life of clothes (for example, leather or plastic shoes will dry out and crack faster).  I get it when there isn’t an alternative, but I do want you to understand the consequences.

Hi Alison
        I would really love to hear that “whole different story”.
        I know the loft is not ideal but i cannot think of something safer. 😕
        I store some in my car that’s provide by my company. I’m the only one that’s driving it, but is a risk too.
        Love ❤ Iris

Geraldine Mac
      Baroness - Annual

Another issue is moving clothes from the car to the house when I return from a trip out (having dressed and undressed when out). If my wife is home (or I’m not sure), I hide clothes in the car boot/truck, or in the recycling bin in my carport on top of clean cardboard, and retrieve it when the coast is clear.

While I have recently confessed my CD activities to my wife, she’s still at the stage of not wanting to talk about it or see it. Hopefully this is a passing phase, and I can stop creeping around!

Geraldine Mac (formerly Zsazsa)

I am doing exactly the same when I’m returning from a business trip. Thankfully i have a company car she never rides.

Cece X
      Lady

Home is not a problem because I live alone, but my brother and I went halves on the purchase of a washing machine in his kitchen, so I have to be cautious when I bring my laundry to his place every three weeks. I am in stealth mode when I sort whites and colors on his kitchen floor in case he walks in, covering my femme wear with drab wear. I do the same when I pull the clothes out of the washer. He has no dryer, so I then hang all my wet drab in his bathroom and when i am alone, put my femme wear in a plastic bag to take home and hang those clothing in my bathroom. He asked me recently what was in the bag and I said it was just some underwear I needed right away.
      One time he called me on the telephone after I left his apartment and told me while laughing that I had left behind the tiniest underwear he had ever seen. I took advantage of him laughing to suggest he should try it on and see if he liked it. He really laughed harder at my response. Eventually I will get caught again. If it is a bra or a slip next time rather than a thong, he may not be laughing about it.

Maybe tell him that that a girl left it at your place in your laundry basket and you wash it by accident.
        I’m afraid my wife will find any underwear. She’s going to think that i’m cheating for sure.

We have an artificial xmas tree that is stored in a large zip up bag.  There was room in there for a duffle bag plus.  There was never a reason for anyone to open it up.  It worked very well except for a.5 months a year.

Eventually I started hanging some things in garment bags in my closet next to my suits and some leggings in my pile of running clothes.

I have a spare bedroom that is separate from the rest of the house where Michelle’s things are kept. I also do all of the laundry so no problem there as well.

If nobody ever visits your spare room, you are really lucky Michelle. I would kill for a big wardrobe only for Iris clothes.

It is just me and my wife and it’s a pretty big house. The bedroom has a full bath and is located in sort of a separate wing of its own. I do most of the cleaning so there is no reason she will ever go in there plus I am planning to turn it into my music room in the near future.

This is what I did before I disclosed Wendy to my wife :

I kept all of wendy’s stuff in small cardboard boxes in the store room down in the basement.  As reference, that boxes that I stored stuff in were no bigger than the box power drills came in.  So yeah, I really had to get creative in folding and storing.

At that time, she rarely went into the storage/tool room but since stuff was never locked, the risk of her finding out was always there.  To heighten the risk, I ran into severe medical issues which had me in the hospital constantly.  This mean the possibility of her finding my stash was higher.

Thank god she never did find the stash, but it was pins and needles.

As for laundry, at that time, gross as it sounds, I refrained from doing laundry unless it was absolutely necessary.  So if I had a day off and she had to go to work, I would wash the clothing early in the morning and throw the item into the dryer.

Since I disclosed Wendy to her, I no longer have to hide my stash.

Hi Wendy,
        Laundry is a big issue to me especially with certain items, I have only 1 nice white dress for example. I stuff the panties into my jeans pockets sometimes and make sure it’s me that will take them out of the washing machine. Everything is risky though.

Living alone I don’t have to hide anything just make sure my stuff is out of site when my kids come over. When I was married I had a workshop in the basement that I kept locked and my reason was safety for the kids if they went down stairs, there was no way I could have ever come out to her, she was a very vindictive person and would have used it when we did divorce.  My stash did get discovered when I was younger by my mom, I was painting apartments for a guy and I was in the basement and found a couple bags of clothes and I thought I had won the lottery all kinds of panty’s and pantyhose slips, I took what fit me and had a lot of fun trying things on. I had taken them home with me and was living in my mom’s basement and hid everything in a suitcase and my mom went to get it to use and found everything I had and when I got home that nite she asked what all them woman’s clothes were and told her I had let some friends use the suitcase. Not sure if she believed me but she never said anything to me again, I did find a new place to hide my favorite things, LOL not long after that I moved out.  And it’s been fun and games ever since.. I do envy the ones who their SO excepts them and lets them have fun with it..

I have the same fear about my wife too.
        She’s open minded about LGBT people, but she never was supportive to anything I did and because our marriage is near its end, I think She’s going to use it in the divorce if she finds out.
        I envy those couples too
        Iris 💋

I used to keep my stash in the upper room above my garage. I put them under the floor boards and then screwed them down besides. It was super secure but just as difficult for me to get at it. I would go through stages of paranoid to super paranoid. My wife eventually found out about my dressing but never found my stash. That was about ten years ago. There was some tense times but she really tried to understand. She does allow me to dress up. I do have a spot in the closet now and a few drawers full of lingerie. Sure beats the anxiety of trying to make sure your tracks are always covered. Couldn’t live without dressing fem

This anxiety is killing me too. I always check 10 times if i put everything back after i finish my femme happy hour.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi!  I keep my things in toolboxes mixed in with other toolboxes in my workshop. I’m a tinkerer so I have a lot of that stuff that my wife “shouldn’t” access…fingers crossed.
      cody❤️

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Iris

I have a basement storage/tool area. Most of my stash is there. I make use of some large ductwork that runs the length of the house, along with a few toolboxes. Clothes are mostly in laundry bags with a plastic bag over them to keep dust out. Shoes are on the ducts too some are easy to access with a small step ladder. I can just slip into them from time to time. When that’s all the dressing I have time for it helps a lot!

I wash my girl clothes in the basement bathroom in a small laundry basin. Then I hang it at the far end of the storage are where my wife rarely goes. I make sure I put things away as soon as they dry, but there is always a chance I can get caught one day. If the shoes are ever discovered they are obviously mine. They are size 13 US. I think that’s 44EU. I don’t think anyone is going to think a woman left them. 😆

Best of luck with your stash!

💕Lara

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

This topic has come up before

I’m “bi storage”, (if that’s not murdering the English language!!)

HOME. Lingerie, nightwear  and breast forms in my wardrobe and chest of drawers. My beloved and I sleep in separate rooms. As I have stated on CDH many times, “She knows but does not want to know” about Caty and once when cleaning my room she found some drying forms.. That put her off going in there for any more than the proverbial five minutes!!.

STORAGE UNIT.. If you can afford one and get lucky like me, I have a 10ft square unit about 30 mins from home. My luck arises from the fact it has light and power. I carpeted it and have a desk and chair.. Very comfy.. (Also underground wine storage in same location)

I keep all my “outerwear” on a double retail dress rack and everything else to do with Caty, eg wigs jewellery cosmetics etc

Its also was a  “last minute refuge” for some Caty time when Melbourne was Covid locked down for so long

Happy dressing one and all

Caty

Shoot, I don’t have any juicy tales of being discovered by having clothing found. I came out to my first wife shortly after getting the desire to crossdress again and right away she helped me shop for clothes so there was never a need for any subterfuge.  However, I was closeted when I came into my second marriage so I did need to start “stashing” my femme wardrobe. This was easily accomplished because we had separate walk-in closets and I merely hid everything in plain sight. My second wife had no interest in ever entering my closet and we each did our own laundry, which I accomplished when she was at work (dressed then too).  I worked from home so the arrangement worked out very well and I was never discovered.  I’ve since come  out to my wife so when we recently moved into our new home, all my femme finery simply transferred over to it’s new accommodation right out in the open on my side of our new  spacious shared walk-in closet.

*** Kayla ***

I need a joiner for some secret stashes then. 😁

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?