Tagged: 

• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

To all the ladies out there that are seeing a therapist, is it helping and how so?

I’m really starting to think that I want to go see one but on the other hand I talk to my wife completely open so I’m honestly not sure if it would be any different.

I guess I’m just curious as what to expect.

Any input is appreciated.

~Mason*

Penny
      Lady

I think much of it depends on what you want to get out of therapy. I have only just started but I feel a sort of positive energy coming out of just going. I am not as completely open with my wife, so that is one reason for me to go. Help in deciding whether I should or shouldn’t transition is another. So far, I feel that just the fact that I am going is propelling me toward some sort of resolution about where my crossdressing is taking me. One factor in seeing a therapist is choosing the right one. The first therapist I ever went to was male and I don’t think I ever felt comfortable being entirely open with him. My current one is a woman and I feel completely different about talking to her. I also chose her because she was a psychologist and listed gender identity as one of her specialties. Another factor has to be my discovering CDH at the end of last summer. I have to admit that being involved here has been a tremendous help in opening me up to my peers. I have learned and am learning so much about how other CDs see themselves, and how I see myself.

Hopefully, we’ll both be around CDH for awhile, so you can ask me in a year or two if therapy was worth it.

Hugs and kisses,

Penny

Anonymous

Penny,

I’ve been looking around for one and I found a woman that specializes in Gender, I saw a couple male ones but I’m pretty sure I’ll have the same feelings as you.

I guess since I asked the question then that means I’m ready to make the call and make an appointment.

I’m a little nervous as to where it’ll take me next but reading how it’s bringing you positive energy makes smile.

T hank you so much for the reply.

Hugs, ~Mason

Hi!

I was seeing a therapist for my disphoria (MTF) and even though that’s not all we discussed it did help a lot. Yes, support from your wife is great. However, she can only help so much. If you do decide to see a therapist, shop around!

Good luck,

Luci.

I have been seeing one for a while.  First, for my divorce and now for CD and other issues.  I can’t recommend it enough.  I am sure your wife is great but she can’t be completely objective.  Just my two cents.

Hi Sweetie!  Every person re-acts differently and results are all different, depending upon what the issue is. I went thru mental issues in a Phyche hospital for violent re-actions to a medication that was supposed to help me with PTS from  Vietnam. It helped but did not clear the problem…eventually it came back. Only you can clear up issues with time and “letting go” of ghosts. Sadley you may never be clear of it.  By all means talk to a therapist over your issues…it could not hurt. Your wife will be your biggest ally!   Best wishes, contact me if you wish to discuss same…maybe could help.  Lady Veronica Graunwolf.

Keep the faith girls….I wish you all the best in and success with your issues.  Lady Veronica Graunwolf

I just had my first appointment last week and it was wonderful. I am on the fence about transitioning and she was so helpful with the pros and cons. We mutually decided it was best to move forward with transitioning and starting HRT! She is a nationally known TG psychiatrist so she comes with a hefty price tag. Lol.

I don’t think one session will hurt. Keep up those lovely photos.

Steph

Anonymous

Thanks girl, I plan on making an appointment this week.

Anonymous

I just started seeing a therapist about a month ago. She specializes in tg issues and transitioning. Speaking with the therapist has really helped in a number of ways, is ncluding grounding me and giving me a better understanding of my self. It is the first time for therapy for me for any issue. I’d always now recommend therapy. Just helps to talk.

I have been going for about 2 months now. I go every 2 weeks. I came out to my wife several months ago and she just doesn’t like to talk about me being Trans. I was fortunate in my therapist gave me a free 30 minutes which actually turned in to 60 minutes. It is nice to be able to speak to someone who is not judge mental. Good luck, I wish the best for you.

Hugs,

Wanda

Dawn
      Lady

Ever since I had come out to my wife at the beginning of the year, I made an appointment to see a therapist, she is wonderful and deal with transgender issues. She is so supportive, she even lets my wife join in the sessions. The only problem is I only get to she her once a month because she is 250 miles away, one disadvantage of living in northern Nevada. I highly recommend finding a therapist to talk with. Mine helps me with my transitioning and gives me pointers.

Hopes it helps

Dawn

April (Pacific Princess)
      Ambassador - Editor

I have been seeing a psychologist for about two years now, when my CD / TG feelings first started to reemerge after a long, long, time. I tend to use her as a sounding board as much as anything else. She also has a large CD / TG clientele, so she is familiar with those issues, but seeing her just opened up the floodgates of other issues in my life that had been lurking under the surface for years. It has definitely been worth it for me. She is part of the reason I have finally been able to accept myself for who I am.

I definitely recommend counseling, but you need to make sure you find one you feel comfortable with.

Hugs,
      April

I went into therapy when my wife found my underwear, It for me was the best thing that I could off done. My therapist was able to give me the tools to talk to my wife and reassure me that it was ok to be a CD, we also talked about transitioning and worked out that that was not my road, since then my wife and I have been able to have open dialogue about my dressing, it has been tricky as we have three amazing children. You do need to shop around though to find on that works for you. Also CDH has been the most amazing place for myself to hear so many fantastic story’s. that has helped me so much

Good luck  and I wish all goes well for you

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Mason,
      Speaking forum my own experience, a good therapist (and it may take a few tries before you find the right fit for you) can help you explore your thoughts and feelings and learn about yourself. If you lol back in the articles, I wrote about 18 months ago about when I began seeing my counselor after experiencing multiple deaths in the family in shot period, my sons substance abuse issues, and oh yeah-my Ken gender issues! 😀 Having someone you can literally say anything to without the work that you may yet or destroy a relationship by mistake is priceless.

Cyn

i have been seeing a therapist every two weeks or so for about 6 months. I also see a female therapist and honestly, could not imagine going to see a male therapist. It has been a positive experience although I still have more questions than answers. Over time, we have come to address other issues in my life affecting my well being beyond my gender turmoil. That has been very beneficial. In the beginning, I wanted to find a path forward toward becoming my feminine self. Now I realize that it is more complicated than that. I am somewhere on the male-female continuum and that is okay. Each of is unique in our circumstances and desires toward feminization. I finally had the courage two weeks ago to tell my wife that I was seeing a therapist. She handled it well and is now actively seeking a therapist for herself. There are no easy answers, but seeing a therapist is a POSITIVE step.
      On a side note, I pay out of pocket for my treatments. My health plan would cover some of it, but I don’t want my seeing a gender therapist to be in any way associated with my work.
      I hope this helps…

I see a therapist once a week. With her help I have rid myself of feeling guilty when I dress. She also loves it when Johnna shows up at a session. She says the change in me as Johnna is very interesting in a positive way in that I am relaxed and comfortable.  These types of views which leads to discussions have given me more confidence in being Johnna.  I still am closeted for the most part and although my wife knows about my other side and in no way approves or wants to see me dressed, I have not come out to anyone yet. So for now I am happy with simple things that keep Johnna with me all the time.

Hugs

Johnna

Anonymous

I have been in therapy for years but its a group therapy with tgs and cds. It really helped me see this whole thing is just not that big a thing to be anxious over. The help comes a lot from the other members and we counsel one another along with our therapist. It gave me an openess to my dressing and confidence in living out my dreams

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?