• This topic has 33 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Revel.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cece X
      Lady

I want to thank CDH for helping me reach a milestone a few years ago. Upon joining this wonderful virtual community, I at long last gained the courage to self-identify as a crossdresser. I am no longer a crossdresser only when I dress, I am even a crossdresser when I do not dress or underdress for a couple of weeks. My self identification is about who I am, not about what I am wearing at the moment.
      Where are you on the spectrum of self identification as a crossdresser?

Well put, I too feel I am a crossdresser whatever I am wearing. Equally happy in drab, but unless I slip some nylons and a skirt on every week or two I get completely dressed by the need to be en femme.

Hi Cece,

I have always from a very young age known I was a crossdresser.  I  have always been ashamed and guilty about it as well.  Now at 75 years of age I realize that this is just who I am and I shouldn’t feel guilty about it.  It is as much part of me as my brown eyes and it doesn’t make me a bad person or a freak.  With this new view of myself, I am now starting to get the courage to do things I always wanted to do in the past.  These include my first professional transformation and a breast form and bra fitting.  Next up is going out in femme mode.  My wife is not ok with that at this point so it is still in the goal stage.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

Lots to agree with Cece,

It never hurts to remember how much coming to CDH has helped not just me and you but most girls I hope.

I see it all as another journey, but this one I don’t know quite where it will end up. But touch wood, not wanting to tempt fate, I’m much more comfortable with myself. Don’t get me wrong, there’s lots of unresolved ‘what about’s, but I’m not beating myself up. It’s who I am.

Marti xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m a crossdresser because I wear something feminine every day. I’ve known I was a crossdresser even before I heard or knew what a crossdresser was.

Indeed Cece, gaining self-acceptance is the first step in breaking that vicious guilt/shame/purge cycle that haunted so many of us throughout our lives. My own acceptance arrived after a number of life circumstances came together and pushed me into a great moment of retrospection then determination to live a life true to my nature. Courage quickly followed that allowed me to come out to my SO and then begin to do the things that truly set the femme part of my being free. So yes, I do accept the label of crossdresser now but really it’s all so much more than just the dressing that has made me the whole person I feel I’ve finally become.

*** Kayla ***

It is important to just acknowledge that we are crossdressers and there is no harm or guilt or shame to it. We experience both sides of life and find it a blessing

I guess as I sit here in sexy womens undergarments, pantyhose, skirt, floral blouse, nice bustline, cherry red toenails, and pierced ears I pretty much have to accept the facts….I am a crossdresser.

Hi Stephanie, your outfit sounds lovely and I’d definitely say you’ve arrived!

Hope your ears are doing fine, I’ve just passed 6 weeks post pierce with mine and they’re doing great! ❤️

*** Kayla ***

Hi Michaela,  thank you for the nice words, small steps but definitely moving forward.  Ears are going great ty for asking.  They are just a nice reminder.  Glad yours are doing great as well

stephanie

I’m a closeted crossdresser who does not get to express my feminine self nearly as much as I’d like and not nearly enough.

I am very much in the same place as many of you. Because I have just started to accept me more and more, even though I have been a cross dresser for many years, I feel like I am starting anew. My wife is trying hard to let me express myself as I dress up every day now. Getting out in the world is my goal. I have pictured the place I would like to go and how it will feel to get out the car and walk through the parking lot with all to see and how amazing it will feel to be me. I have so many other firsts as I explore being a women with new cloths, make up, shoes, reading stories, and my art work. I love this forum and being called a girl, hearing my new name.

Brielle
      Lady

For me, since I’m on HRT and identify as a transwoamn, crossdressing has always been wearing guy clothes! I just didn’t know it before (giggle)!!

Hmmm…where to start? I tried on some of my mom’s things when I was only 5, but I didn’t think of myself as a crossdresser, at that point in my life I didn’t even know what a crossdresser was, I just knew I was supposed to be a girl! That awareness followed me through my school years when I was still dressing and everyone thought I was gay because my femininity didn’t hide itself very well. Fast forward to now and I have finally come to a time in my life where I have fully accepted, and am proud to be, not only a crossdresser, but also a transgender woman living her life to it’s fullest capacity and loving it!!

Love you girls!

Lauren M

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Like you I see myself as a CD no matter if I am dressed or not. I enjoy being feminine and some times it comes out in drab.

Hugs, LIara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That sums me up to Lauren, I had no idea what a crossdresser was when I started to dress. It just felt right. Oh the innocence of youth! It still feels right after all these years and if that is a crossdresser then that’s me to a ‘T’ day and night.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While saying “I’m a crossdresser” feels a little like sitting in some ring and say “I’m a drug addict” or something like that it’s not at all the same. Being a crossdresser should be as strange as “my favourite color is red”.

I have now gone down the path of just letting Kelly out all the time, gone to stores, food orders and so on. I been ready with a few replies but so far no one have said anything and at most they taken a second look but that’s it.

/kt

Cece –

Thank you for your post.

Like many I started in my youth wearing my mother’s things, as I got older dressing was something I did on very rare occasions.  When I did I enjoyed it but there was a lot of guilt and shame associated with it.  It was  a bit over 2 years ago that my dressing came up in a conversation with my wife, which is another story.  As a result I started dressing more frequently privately as she doesn’t want to see me dressed, I also keep it in the house per our agreement.  At her suggestion I started therapy and as a result I have come to realize and accept that Suzanne is part of me no matter how I am dressed.  It is very liberating to be able to do so.

XOXO

Suzanne

I always knew what I was doing was crossdressing, but it wasn’t until about 10 years ago that I could affirmatively look at myself and say “I am a crossdresser”.   It was a nice moment of growth and truth.
      I also can say I’m a transvestite.  I know some shy away from that term, but to me it literally means the same thing, and I don’t need to run from it.   I’m a male who is writing this in a dress, pantyhose, high heels, makeup and a wig.  If that’s not a transvestite, then I don’t know what is.  And it’s ok.

Yes!
        Realizing and living “That’s OK” has been my biggest accomplishment.

I think I always knew I am a crossdresser, though I used transvestite when I started 60 plus years ago. As did the rest of the world for the most part at that time.

The hardest, but most liberating part, has been recently becoming able to identify myself to friends, counselors,nurse practitioner and her nurse,hair stylist, spa/manicurist,and implicitly other salon personel.
      All but 3 are GG’s.

Yes, I self-identify as a crossdresser no matter how I’m dressed. I was in denial until I had ‘the talk’ with my wife and I felt myself blush when said the words, “I’m a crossdresser. I enjoy wearing women’s clothes.” That was eighteen years ago and until that moment I never felt like a complete person.

I was eighteen years old when I first encountered the ‘pink fog’ and thought it was a fetish that would soon go away but now I know it doesn’t work that way. For the next 31 years the desire became even stronger until I could no longer cope with the guilt of hiding this part of my life from my wife.

Elizabeth

Hope Roberts
      Baroness

Cece,

I second your shout out to this wonderful site. Embrace your identity and don’t wait till you’re my age to learn how to truly express your womanhood ❤️💋

Dear Cece X,

I know what Im doing is not “normal” but I love it!
      Like you Im a cross-dresser as enfemme or in man mode, tthe clothes are different and my attitude is different when dressed. Sometimes Ido wish that I could be dressed as a woman 24/7. Hugs, Aurora B.

Anonymous

Hi Cece,

My name is Raquel and I’m a crossdresser.

It feels so good to be able to say those words. While I may be “in the closet”, a lot of introspection and talking things out with the girls here on CDH, have at least made me comfortable in my own mind with being who I am. And who I am, is partly my old male self and partly Raquel. Circumstances prevent me from sharing Raquel with the whole world, but people who have met her, like her. And so do I. 🥰

Much love,
      Raquel

Yes!

Becoming “comfortable in my own mind” has been life changing for me.

Like you, not everybody knows or sees, but I have given myself the freedom to share it as I choose.

I also just started to accept myself as a very caring and loving girl. My current goal is two fold. One is to take this accepted lady with me every place I go and no mater how I am dressed and the second is to go out in public as a women as soon as I can. My wife is helping me with the first goal and the second goal I will need to help her with. I ware panties every day, dress up each morning as I am the first one up and this is my alone time. As with many of you if not all of you I am the most happy when I feel and look as feminine as possible. Taking Mickie with me all day without the clothes is not easy at this point but I do think of myself as a crossdresser in all I do. By accepting myself guilt free I love being a women. I also love watching women, what they ware, watching them move how they talk and so many times I get lost in thought of how it must feel and how I can emulate them. I love watching so many different television shows now, my wife and I have long conversations about dresses, makeup, how the stars look and what would be fun to ware. I love being her girlfriend.

Krissy
      Lady

Only in the last 9mths or so have i become the real me, i couldn’t go on living a lie as was a useless male and always felt and do feel more at home presenting as a female. Just need to adjust a few rough edges and ill be the best me i can be. X

Yes I’m a crossdresser and have been for years. Not until I joined CDH would I have said that. Lately I have gone out shopping more dressed in jeans, blouse and lite makeup.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

After being a lifelong closet cross dresser I finally worked up the nerve to go out in public dressed en femme 4 months ago and everything fell into place. Not only am I comfortable being a cross dresser, I absolutely love presenting to the world as Fiona. I now go out 3 to 4 times per week and have selectively told 3 people about Fiona. I am at peace with everything and am glad to be able to enjoy this wonderful experience.

At the moment I’m happy enough to be in the closet and have no problem in my own self about being a crossdresser. I’m currently wearing my favourite LBD so it would be difficult to think otherwise! I’m not sure if I would ‘self-identify’ as CD though, there’s more to me than that; outside of my home I’ll happily wear drab and get on with doing other things, I’ll window shop at times but I don’t spend all of the time thinking about dresses. Yes, I’m a happy homegirl, but I share my/her life with other identities. I quite like that. x

Hi Cece

A great topic and one I think we all relate to, in varying degrees.  Many people, myself included, don’t much like labels, but then I think l it does help to be able to position oneself as to our identity and what that means to us.

Coming to terms with the fact that what we do may step outside of societal norms (whatever they are) and know there are thousands on that same track probably helps and reassures us that it is actually ok to be and feel that way.

Being part of the CDH community you become more aware of where you “sit” in relation to others journeys.  For some CD is fun, or a fetish, for some it is a necessity as they have to live that way as that is who they really are – and everything in between.   There are not enough labels to adequately describe each and every one of us, as we all have to find our own perspective of what we are, or rather who we are.

For me, and I know I am still new to this (but loving it) I can admit to my fellow members here that I like (love) to dress up, put on makeup and a wig, and become another person (for a short while at a time) and that is liberating, exciting, comfortable, sexy, calming all at once.  Do I want to become a woman? No, I don’t.  Do I want to be like one sometimes? Yes, I do.

So I guess that makes me a cross dresser, and I have no problem with that.

The main thing is to be happy, and to be you (and you).

Hugz.

Jenny.  🙂

Revel
      Baroness

Thanks for starting this topic. I’m proud to be a crossdresser, and I don’t mind being labeled as one either. Why? It identifies who I am, and what I love doing. I personally believe that ALL of us within the CD community are crossdressers at heart, whether we’re dressing in opposite sex clothing or not. I love being a CD! Girl power!

XOXO Revel

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?