• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ashley
      Lady

Any of you girls use

Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer, Self Tanner Body Lotion?

With summer coming up I’m getting some to add to my daily routine on my smooth legs for wearing shorts.  -Ash

I have a tube of the Wal-Mart Equate generic brand of the Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer; Self Tanner Body Lotion. It was my first time using a “self tanner” lotion and didn’t want to waste the money on the more expensive Jergen’s if the results were not to my liking.

I just got through using L’Oréal sublime bronze for 3 days.  I used medium.  I noticed very little difference in the coloring of my bare arms.  I’m beginning to think that these products don’t actually work.

Ashley
        Lady

I’ve used self tanning bronzing mousse before and it certainly works but it’s kind of messy and you have to wash it off after a few hours so I’m hoping the lotion will be easier for long term routine.  Gonna pick some up this weekend!!

Audrey W
          Lady

Ashley, if its not too much trouble please give us a full review.   I’d really like to know what works and what doesn’t myself.  I’m a shorts and sandals girl all summer myself.

Gwyneth
      Lady

Do any of these products work as stated? Is it a tan or just a pigment on the skin?

Gwyn

Dayna
      Lady

I can tell you from experience this stuff works it does for me anyhow, I get a darker tone when I use this and I use it pretty much daily, what I really noticed was the firming it does for my arms and legs, I had dry crepe skin lots of fine lines and cracks this stuff really helped tighten and moisture my skin and leaves a nice glow on your freshly shaved legs, you can get it for your face as well all I can say is it works for me hope this helps and good l luck if using it.. Dayna

Hi Ashley,  I have used these products in the past and didn’t like the results so I stopped using them and now am just a total pasty white but am ok with that.  I encountered several problems.   First they were messy and no matter what I did they would always leave a bathtub ring around my better clothes and ruin them.  Secondly they usually didn’t coat evenly on my skin and left me with blotches.  In the end, I just elected for a bunch of on sale spray tans a week before any special event that I wanted to look tan at.  My skin is real fair and I burn easily and am prone to pre-cancerous lesions so I almost always avoid the sun.  I hope this helps you.     Marg

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve used Jergen’s Daily Facial Moisturizer that has some self-tanning and SPF20 protection for about 10 years. My problem is fair skin + previous sun damage = 11 previous cancers that have been removed, so I have to stay out of the sun.  The lotion allows my face to look younger than my 64 years, along with adding some color – plus, I’ve had no cancerous growths on my face since I started using it.

The color change is modest, but noticeable. A few suggestions:

1. Apply a little bit every morning, even during the winter.
      2. Don’t apply it at night – it will stain your pillow, sheets or nightie.
      3. Always be sure to keep it out of your hair and eyebrows – it will discolor them.
      4. Don’t apply it if you will be doing an activity where you sweat a lot, it will sting your eyes.
      5. After applying it, always wash your hands.

I think it’s great. It adds some color, keeps me looking younger, and has protected my skin, too.

💋Jackie💋

I used it on my legs and arms this winter before going on two beach vacations. I was very happy with the results I would apply daily after a morning shower for 2-3 weeks before leaving with great results.

J J
      Lady

Yes, they work and are basically a stain for your skin, just like staining wood. Since you skin grows and shed it is not a permanent  tan. Some have SPF factors so they do offer some protection, but do not act like the melanine pigment of a true tan that absorbs UV rays. Be careful around knees and elbows, the thicker dryer skin there absorbs the color differently and can look odd.

Also consider a spray tan. A bit more expensive, but better results if done right.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?