• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ChloeC.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hibi Love
      Lady

Hey girls! I was very curious if anybody else ever got to experience Senior Switch Day in high school? It was something I looked forward ever since learning about it freshman year. As the name implies, for this day senior boys were encouraged to wear girls’ clothes for the day and vice versa. It happened during spirit/homecoming week and was a “secret” theme that was never explicitly stated on schedules but was a long running tradition and actively encouraged by the school.

A lot of boys treated it jokingly, of course, and looked absolutely dreadful; jeans underneath their dress, purposefully misdone makeup, and so on. I had been dressing privately for a while and I knew I wanted to take it somewhat seriously, just to make myself feel better. In the preceding weeks I visited many local thrift stores and boutiques to try and acquire the perfect outfit, but really had no luck (and was too scared to ask the people working there for any kind help.) I eventually asked my older sister for help and she was more than willing to lend me some clothes! I went over to her apartment over the weekend and spent the afternoon essentially raiding her closet. She would hand me various things and I’d go to the bathroom and try them on, then she’d give me pointers and so on. Honestly it was the most feminine I think I’ve ever felt, like it was just two sisters (it helped that at this point I was clean-shaven and had long hair.)

No matter how many dresses or skirts I tried on nothing really felt right, though. Eventually I settled on some cute black yoga pants, a neon pink sports bra, and an oversized green exercise shirt with a loose collar and strappy back to make the bra as visible as possible. In hindsight I wish I spent more time to find a more feminine outfit, but with my mom’s makeup help in the morning I was definitely one of the best looking students that day. It was very reaffirming to be referred to as a girl all day by teachers, and being out in a public setting like that was so liberating. Maybe I outted myself by being so precise that day (and the fact that it was the only spirit week theme I participated in) but I had too much fun to care! I ended up spending the rest of the day in the outfit, and to this day I still have that sports bra and wear it when exercising!

This was only about six years ago, but with how much the landscape has changed with trans rights issues being so prominent I wouldn’t be surprised if these aren’t allowed anymore and seen as insensitive/controversial. But I’d love to hear if anybody has similar stories! Thank you! <3

I’ve heard of schools that did that, mine didn’t. It seems like “womanless beauty pageants” as fundraisers were in vogue for a while the last few years.

In my school we did that on freshie day; welcome to high school. By that time I had been secretly dressing en femme so I welcomed the opportunity to present as a girl. My older sister helped me with makeup and I spent the day th way I always wanted to be able to do.

Where I lived (outside of DC) those days stopped shortly before I was in high school in 1970. I remember my sister, older by several years, talking about the boys dressed up, and photos in here yearbook. So I was looking forward to it, but it was never to be.

Having gone to a very rural high school that I ‘fondly’ refer to as Mordor High, I can only imagine how this would have gone over in that hot mess of toxic masculinity. My school was so redneck, we had a rodeo team, football was a second religion, and any individual difference was quashed with malice. It’s hard to overstate how deeply closeted I was as a crossdresser. This was the early 1980s when just being gay was a life-threatening condition. I was in the choir and had a bunch of gay friends, a fact that put me under the social microscope. Even if we had a senior switch day or similar tradition, I would have likely skipped it. I had enough negative attention as it was. Sounds fun in the right environment though!

Misty M.
      Lady

Hi,

i didn’t that such tradition existed. I would have been very happy to participate but I would rather skip it because of the masculine toxicity in the school. But glad you have experienced it once.

We did something similar in high school but it was first year. In grade nine we had what was called initiation day. All the students were supposed to dress up in what ever theme was picked by the student council l. Well my year is was dress up like a woman and like yours the women like men.  Yes I had already started my crossdressing journey by then so was excited and nervous at the same time.  My sister and mom helped me find everything I needed. I had to pretend it was all new to me as I had been wearing pantyhose, panties and bras , dresses already when home alone.  My mom even had a wig for me that her and my sister styled for me.  When doing a trial run I asked I was supposed to wear my underwear under the pantyhose my sister gave me.  She said to try it so I told her they were bunching up and didn’t feel right so she went to her room and brought me a pair of white silk bikini panties and told me to try these.  Once I had them on I told her the felt much better and was living every minute of it and had to hide this from them.  My mom gave my an old bra of hers and if fit perfect( all of this and then not knowing I’d worn of these items before.) and we using balloons to fill the cups. The dress fit me almost to good. So the day came when I had get ready in the morning with all my femme things and then walk to school.  I only wore my running shoes with everything g as we never really thought about trying some heels which was fine by me as I thought I’d be able to run away from the seniors who could make us do silly things for me.  I made it through the first 2 classes with any problems then at lunch I had to take a few of the grade 12’s trays back at the cafeteria.  Now back in class sitting there when the girl next to me asks if I’m wearing everything  underneath? I replied no when she looked down at my legs to notice the pantyhose and smiled at me and told me I had really nice legs.  I started blushing big time as she kept looking at my legs. All in all I truly enjoyed the day as a young crossdressed with no worries about judgment as all the boys had to do it.  But secretly I was in heaven.

Hibi Love
        Lady

Thank you for the story! I wish it happened freshman year, as puberty hadn’t hit me super hard by then and I would’ve been able to pass much better lol

It has been so many years that I can’t remember what I wore on switch day. I do know that most of the boys looked ghastly, and the girls just wore their Saturday clothes. My sister was always fixing me up in her things so I am sure that was how I went to school that day. Back then, I could reasonably pass with minimal effort so I am sure that I must have looked cute.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Switch Day?  No such day existed at my (horrible) Catholic high school.  If it had I wouldn’t have participated.  The last thing I wanted was to give the bullies another excuse.

/EA

My school had a freshman Annie initiation day. It usually involved making the girls look like boys and vice versa. My older brother two years ahead of me had to do it. I already was so drawn to feminine dress but also knew I couldn’t let it show. As much as I loved the thought of dressing fem for school I was absolutely terrified. It was like I wouldn’t be able to hide my enjoyment of dressing up and that wouldn’t be good.

Our school ended up merging with another and they dropped the initiation thing. On one hand I was relieved and on the other very disappointed. I can only wonder how it would have turned out. I sure loved wearing pantyhose back then.

Anonymous

I could only have dreamed of such a thing when I was in school.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi,

Well, no we didn’t have a dress up switch day. During Homecoming week, Seniors were encouraged on one of the days to ‘dress up’ as in jackets and ties and matching slacks for the males and ‘party’ dresses for the girls.  This was back in the mid-60’s when there were rather stringent dress codes.  No jeans, girls had to wear at least skirts, so the common attire for boys was right out of an old LLBean catalog – chinos or something like that pants, button down shirts with the Princeton collar. Paisley and Madras were just beginning to make inroads.

Well, on dress up day, a number of boys (30 – 50 maybe) decided to press their luck and came in tuxes (or partial with Bermuda shorts), or knickers and long socks, more costume than dress up, that sort of thing. Most got expelled and went to a local coffee shop instead of home, the dean was called by the manager and went out there and almost had a heart attack.

I dressed a little outlandishly but my morning classes were PE, Study Hall, Assembly, and by the time my serious classes rolled around, the students left in my classes were calling for expelling me but the teachers decided it was too late in the day and let me stay. (dark green/black plaid sport coat, a Hawaiian shirt, pea green socks, purple slacks that had some rips, and an old 40’s style tie of my Dad’s.)

I’m not sure what I would have done with switch day although it does sound…interesting.

Hugs, ChloëC

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?