- August 4, 2021 at 12:30 pm #527264WilmaParticipantRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
What style did you choose for yourself.
Thinking at work and googling all types of women’s casual wear I saw a lot of brilliant dresses, blouses and all sorts of underwear….then I came to my senses and thought about Lambs & Mutton.
So did you chose your outfits to match your age or because you loved what you saw?
- August 8, 2021 at 4:33 am #528630stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 176Replies: 2412Has thanked: 3813 timesBeen thanked: 11508 times
Mutton is an just an older lamb. Age is also a mental attitude, and apparent age is flexible, with makeup and clothing choice able to create the illusion of youth. Physical age used as a reason to not celebrate whatever fashions you prefer is self limiting.
I may be mutton but I can look like lamb (and in my head I am a lamb), and am a devotee of the 1661 ethos. (for those unfamiliar – look 16 from behind, 61 from the front!)
At 25 yards it is very difficult to guess someone’s age – especially if they have opted to be a lamb. Going about dressed as granny is more of an indication of your age than sashaying around in a mini-skirt and sleeveless top. The secret is to wear whatever you choose with confidence.
We are able to dress and convince people into believing we are women. We can also convince people into believing we are younger than we are by dressing younger. I believe I can knock at least twenty years off my birthday card age by wearing styles representing the age group I wish to look like.
But I really don’t care what others think. I dress in the style I like, for myself, not for someone else’s approval/disapproval.
If you wish to dress your birthday card age then that is your choice…. but oh
girl! woman! you are so missing out.
Now… where’s is that black A-line, button fronted, faux suede mini-skirt? And bubblegum pink, short sleeved ruffled top? Today I am going to be twenty something. (and I will get away with it)
- August 5, 2021 at 10:20 pm #527775
- August 5, 2021 at 9:31 pm #527774patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 81Replies: 1529Has thanked: 2471 timesBeen thanked: 5697 times
- August 5, 2021 at 6:30 pm #527736
- August 5, 2021 at 4:48 pm #527707Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 41Replies: 1155Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 3999 times
- August 5, 2021 at 2:05 am #527472Yumi OkadaLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 67Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
For me, it’s a fight between the Flower Child and the Punkgurl. Bright colors and frills, versus dark and distressed. Not so cute as to be kawaii. And likewise, not too dark, leaning towards goth. And punk can get kawaii, too.
As to lamb or mutton, I get things that are updated classics.
- August 4, 2021 at 11:36 pm #527455Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 120Replies: 2824Has thanked: 10449 timesBeen thanked: 16016 times
I simply do wear anything that I see and think… wow!!
“An explosion in a charity shop” or maybe ” a trolley dash in a boutique” sums up my private photos….
Imagine a group of GG’s going out..”how do I look, will they like my outfit, am I trendy”????
I have nobody to impress at all, I don’t care what’s ” in or out”, apart from me!!!
Mutton dressed as lamb???…maybe sometimes, but who really wants to look like mutton???….
dressing disGRACEfully xx
- August 4, 2021 at 11:02 pm #527451RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 413 timesBeen thanked: 768 times
Loved what I saw for me. I personally love velvet blouses or dresses.
If I love what I see, it’s a deal for me!
I like shopping for clothing that’s on clearance, or sometimes used clothing at my local Goodwill. It’s amazing how much money you can save, and look great at the same time.
- August 4, 2021 at 9:53 pm #527443Octavia LongLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 53Replies: 128Has thanked: 812 timesBeen thanked: 1028 times
I have always loved leather and lace. Not sure if you can ever be too old for that. I also like spandex. I hope that I don’t get too old to wear it but it definitely tells me that I can’t skip daily workouts. I have been doing that all summer. I do have some really cute workout stuff that hopefully absorb lots of sweat for the next couple of weeks.
- August 5, 2021 at 4:28 pm #527697
- August 4, 2021 at 4:20 pm #527341Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 265Has thanked: 1771 timesBeen thanked: 1523 times
I tend to have some preferences that seem to have developed on their own. I do seem to be maturing as of late though. There are some outfits that I would obviously look very out of place in public, and too old for. These I will always enjoy in private regardless of my age. 💕💋 Katie
- August 4, 2021 at 3:59 pm #527338Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 288Has thanked: 751 timesBeen thanked: 1408 times
I definitely do not dress my age. I have bought some things that are more appropriate for a woman in her 50’s. But, I’ve found that I’m just not drawn to them. I love short shorts and leggings, and casual things like that. I just wear what makes me happy.
- August 4, 2021 at 2:29 pm #527309Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 27Replies: 873Has thanked: 3539 timesBeen thanked: 3648 times
Because I loved what I saw💕
Don’t want to offend anybody but don’t want to wear what women my age wear. Why should I conform to this societal expectation when I’m breaking a much bigger one i.e. my gender stereotype.
Age is a state of mind. In my opinion body shape, confidence, personal style and preference are more important, oh and maybe how good you are at make up and wig selection etc.
- August 4, 2021 at 11:25 pm #527454
- August 4, 2021 at 2:25 pm #527305Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 307Has thanked: 554 timesBeen thanked: 1374 times
I wear anything I think is pretty. I’n 65. If I dressed like many my age nobody would think I was anything but my age. Plus I hate old lady styles. If I had my own boobies I would proudly display them too.
- August 4, 2021 at 2:16 pm #527304Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 233Has thanked: 669 timesBeen thanked: 1034 times
Great topic Wilma, and in my case *definitely* because of what I saw. I have always been fascinated and obsessed by beautiful/romantic/bridal lingerie and my lingerie wardrobe is incredible and would make most women jealous. Every night I feel like a woman coming to bed on her wedding night because of what I’m wearing to bed. It’s heaven!
- August 4, 2021 at 2:14 pm #527303DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2446Has thanked: 15474 timesBeen thanked: 8455 times
My style matches to a degree of my inner self and since in way going through the pubity of a woman in with the help of doing HRT the making felt should try to match my outfits. Know some never could do but many can and choose that fits and look good.
- August 4, 2021 at 1:53 pm #527295Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 348Replies: 227Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 1073 times
- August 4, 2021 at 1:48 pm #527289Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1362Has thanked: 4233 timesBeen thanked: 6468 times
I wear what I like.
The occasion and context are my main considerations.
There’s no such thing as mutton dressed as lamb, just what looks right to you in that mirror – and what you wouldn’t feel embarrassed walking down a busy street in.
Although the mirror tells lies, as any number of selfies will tell you, the street will not.
Just get the mirror image lovely, gaze at and remember that beautiful look – and behave like you look like that.
Shop windows provide ample opportunity for validating your choice. It’s too late by then, but at least there’s opportunity to check that you’re smiling, walking tall, and looking relaxed and carefree!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.