• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was feeling stressed-out yesterday, from a fall and an ER visit my wife had the previous day. I sought relief by getting Dressed and doing a little shopping, hoping to find a nice blue skirt to go with a top I had purchased several months ago. I failed, but I did find a lovely pale blue dress suit in my size, and with a huge discount. And I found a nice green top which would go with a skirt I had bought several months ago, but never worn. Tha evening, I modeled it for my wife, who said “I like it!” and the color reminded her that tomorrow was St Patrick’s Day. ( I had forgotten; my Irish-American grandpa would be ashamed of me if he knew, God rest his soul).

I woke up ths morning with an overwhelming need to be Bettylou (residual stress?), so I asked my wife if she would object if I spent the day wearing that skirt and the blouse, which was a perfect match for it. She didn’t, and I did, adding a pair of green tights and a pair of jade earrings for good measure. It was a wonderful day! I made a quick trip to the hardware store, allowing me to “show off” in all my green glory; and I’m thankful for finding just the right blouse at just the right time to celebrate my heritage, as the girl I really am on the inside.

Hugs,
      Bettylou.

Anonymous

Bettylou…

Firstly, i hope your wife is ok…and feeling better..

Its funny, but sometimes i go out to get something, cannot find it, but get something else which is so much better. i know exactly how you feel!!.

As for your outfit, I’m green with envy….and jade earrings…wow…

So happy your day was so nice!!!!

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

Grace, dear,

My wife has good days and not-so-good days, but is feeling much better for now; thank you for caring.   And the Pink Fog was so thick yesterday that I actually forgot to remove my makeup before I went to bed last night; had to take care of it very early this morning.

Now, if I could just get lucky finding a nice ’20s dress in size 12US……. Sigh.

Hugs,

Bettylou

BettyLou sweetheart…

Size 12 US equates to a size 14 NZ…

How much do you want to spend? Colour? Drop waist? Art Deco you said?

A quick search through our country’s market site called Trade Me and came up with one in red, layered, drop ‘v’ neck… for $60.00 nz ($28.00 us)!

Love Polly

Anonymous

Thank you so much for that, Polly. For the “right” dress, price is no issue. MY original was red, with spaghetti straps and lots of fringe. I lost it years ago, when it accidentally got washed with my wife’s uniform, which had a Magic Marker in the pocket. I would like to replace it, and I would like another, not a Party Dress, but one I could wear as a daytime dress. Yes, drop waist; and the dress yuu describe sounds good; but how might I go about the purchase?

Hugs,
            Bettylou

Well… I guess a pm is more the strategy here… drop me a line and we can swap info

Polly

Anonymous

Yes, Ma’am; will do.

Bettylou

Katey Doe
      Lady

Hi Bettylou,

I hope your wife is ok and recovering from her fall.

I’m very happy that through that stressful filled day you were able to find that place to take away some stress. Happy St. Patricks day. Hugs Katey

Anonymous

Thank you, Katey;  I just discovered that Dressing is a wonderful stress-reliever.

Hugs,

Betylou

Hi Bettylou,

I hope you wife is feeling better and the fall wasn’t serious.

Congratulations on your bargain!

Alice

Anonymous

Thank you, Alice; no, the fall was actually quite minor, although painful. And because she is on blood thinners, the EMTs wanted her to be seen at the ER.

Hugs,
        Bettylou

All my best to you and the Missus, Betty Lou. You are such a doll and deserve all good things. By the way, me thinks you already knew about dressing equals stress relief. ; )
      Clara

Anonymous

Thank you for the kind words, Clara. Dressing does make me feel good, and is certainly a stress-reliever…but that was the first time I felt that I just HAD to do it, or I would burst.

Hugs,
        Bettylou

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?