- January 13, 2021 at 8:21 am #431891Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
Okay…let’s really stir the pot…I bet every one of you has their own ideas on shapewear….
The LAST thing I would ever want to do, is upset anyone…..so this is Grace’s opinion…read that twice…my opinion!!?
Looking at the everyday GG in my town…they range from stick insects up to Humpty Dumpty….please don’t take this personally, but it’s what I see when I’m out….
I do not wear shapewear…pads hanging from everywhere, ordering oversize clothes to accommodate them and what about the heat???…it must be like wearing ” insulation”…
Not this girl, no thanks..
How many ” everyday” women have the perfect shape????…and just what is the perfect shape???…I see women with no bust or no hips…it’s just the way they were made.
It’s Summer, I’m out around town in a beautiful floral dress….but my make up is running down my face, because I have triple glazed my lower body.
I want to look like a girl and that is my life’s ambition…but not every girl looks like Marilyn Monroe/ Jane Russell ( Google them)…..rant over…opinions please!!!!!!
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 18, 2021 at 6:32 am #434840HariettaLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2016Topics: 88Replies: 193Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 1061 times
I agree. Unless your hip and butt pads are an all-in-one situation the sweat factor makes them a questionable purchase in my view. And then there’s juggling act in the public loo. Although they are lovely my silicone breast forms get a little too slippy slidey as well.
In a looser skirt or dress a crynolin does it for me. They don’t fray, so buy a few and trim them. You can also layer more than one. It lessens the need for a tuck under a dress or skirt.
A sturdy thong holds the junk in place.
- January 18, 2021 at 6:47 am #434851Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
“the junk”…… 😂😂😂😂😂
- January 17, 2021 at 1:34 pm #434552Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 331Has thanked: 734 timesBeen thanked: 1461 times
I’m going to reply to this once again. The MOST ATTRACTIVE thing for all GG,s ( and anyone else fore that matter) is there attitude!!
The hottest looking GG with a sour attitude soon looks almost ugly. The most plain looking GG with a great attitude and a good smile starts to look very attractive after a few minutes. There lies the problem you have to give people a few minutes so you are able to see the beauty within.
So actually if the shape wear helps you to feel prettier and you attitude expresses that go for it. Beyond showing as feminine breasts as I can that’s all the shape wear that I need.
- January 17, 2021 at 6:24 am #434405donna misteriosaLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 32Has thanked: 314 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
No shapewear Grace-we can not be girlfriends LOL. The Sear’s catalogue, with the lovely images of women wearing beautiful shapewear, was the start of my CD journey. The embrace of firm shapewear, the satin panels and lace, and the sexy reflection in the mirror, heaven!
As a closet CD, I have no experience wearing my shapewear outside in the heat of summer. IMHO, a small sacrifice to look and feel my best!
This was fun, stay safe ladies!
- January 16, 2021 at 12:22 pm #434038LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 107Has thanked: 731 timesBeen thanked: 578 times
What a wonderful topic to return to after being away for a few days. I have to say that the TCM channel had “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” on the other day and I recorded it any have now watched it 4 or 5 times. So the Miss J and M or very familiar to me right now. So to get to the topic of the thread I have to say that I do wear shape wear, I do have a fairly nice backside but no hips, so the shape wear helps.hide the tummy I do have. And produces a moderately nice figure.
And do agree that the stick insect GG are not attractive (at least to me) , even if my muchly beloved daughter falls into that group. But somehow she does have hips, but I suspect that I may have a bigger natural bust that she does. But then the lovely Audrey Hepburn was only an A cup girl.
Well I guess I have rambled along on this to confuse everyone, so I will stop now!
- January 16, 2021 at 10:18 am #433978Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 624Has thanked: 39650 timesBeen thanked: 1140 times
I don’t like the usual tan/beige colored shapewear that is found in most stores now-a-days nor the stiff/heavy material of the classic retro styles. I use my dresses and skirts to create a feminine shape. I love wrap dresses and slimming pencil skirts. Padded/push-up bras are the only “shapewear” that I wear under my clothes. I do have a Maidenform Flexees seamless waist cincher; I only wear it when I want to really accent my curves.
I also have 2 bustiers; a white nylon and lace strapless and a magenta pink and black lace with straps. However, these are only for the bedroom.
- January 16, 2021 at 9:35 am #433968Mary Ann SummersLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 109Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 784 times
My 2 cents….I wear shapwear to accentuate a feminine figure in order to (maybe) take others eyes away from my less feminine attributes. To help me pass I try to use a slight of hand (eye) effect.
- January 16, 2021 at 10:16 am #433976Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
I have so missed your input…am I wrong or was” woman in a bag “my favourite post???…..I’m sure that was you!!!
Honey, I don’t despise shapewear…I don’t use it but I just wanted opinions….thanks for your reply…..if you want a chat about anything…
….and I do like your profile pic.
- January 16, 2021 at 7:20 am #433925Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 331Has thanked: 734 timesBeen thanked: 1461 times
Grace, I too have observed that GG’s come in all different shapes and sizes. At my church there is one lady with 3 girls, ages 6 to 14, who as you described looks like a stick person. Then the lady across the isle is almost as wide as she is tall. For myself I am happy just to wear my breast forms and loose clothing just below the waist ( I don’t like tucking either). The only thing I wish is to loose my belly, it seems any weight I loose these days is in the face and legs.
- January 16, 2021 at 7:25 am #433926
- January 16, 2021 at 5:08 am #433865Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5593 timesBeen thanked: 2300 times
The only shapewear I wear, are m breastforms. I did get a pair if hip/bum shaping panties, but I just dont like wearing them? my figure may not be the most beautiful, to some, but it is mine and I love it.
But to each, their own,
- January 16, 2021 at 5:13 am #433869Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
Good for you Regi…that’s all I wear too….I can imagine some these garments hung out on the line on washday…..may cause the odd smile…hehe
- January 16, 2021 at 2:58 am #433809Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 168Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 398 times
Corsetry was invented by us for us. You’re right, though… on a hot day it’s a no no (why do you think some many women fainted).
However, an open bottomed, garter rich, full corset with the right form size is so ‘kin sexy to wear and to present in! Even the two-piece full garter belt and matching bra is super to wear and tucks in all the right places.
My makeup doesn’t melt but it sometimes creates it’s own drama stopping my hand from scratching my nose etc.
Sacrifices are there to be made and martyrs too, for that matter xx Polly
- This reply was modified 1 day ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: Spelling
- January 13, 2021 at 1:57 pm #432022Tammy JohnsonLadyRegistered On: September 23, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
I’m kind of on both sides of the fence here. I generally don’t go for shape wear most of the time, but when wearing a tighter fitting top and skirt I do like the way a more hourglass shape looks. Definitely not in the warmer months, but I figured I’d give some corsets a try and came across Corset Story (corset-story.com) and they have some beautiful stuff. They also do some great deals and back in November I ordered 4 (2 underbust and 2 overbust corsets) and they were delayed due to COVID until last Friday. I must say I’m really impressed with them, very high quality, they look great and I actually find them comfortable to wear. Before my purchase I did contact an associate and they helped my measurements and made some recommendations and I couldn’t be happier. I probably spent 3 hours trying them on with some other new outfits and can’t wait to wear them out. Not to mention they were also running a 4 for 1 deal which was great! I highly recommend them if anyone else is looking for some very nice and affordable corsets!
- January 13, 2021 at 2:39 pm #432044
- January 13, 2021 at 1:09 pm #432001Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3694 times
I think that some shapewear is drop dead gorgeous, and feels incredible on.
If you get the size right, it’s slimming and helps the curves.
If you get the brand/material right, it’s not too hot – but I wouldn’t wear it on a really hot day.
I might wear it under a dress or skirt whose zipper gives me issues on the last couple of inches, and also a loose dress, as it gives an illusion of a beautiful shape underneath, from tantalising angles.
The Berdita brand especially is awesome, but expensive.
I have some nice, smooth Marks and Spencer ones which produce a bit of a Jayne Mansfield look under jumpers.
I don’t wear it often, just those times when I feel like I want that sort of shape!
- January 13, 2021 at 12:55 pm #431996PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 49Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 199 times
I tend to go more for a casual look. Especially in the summer. Shorts and a t-shirt. And barefoot so I can see my toe nail polish shining in the sun. Unless of course I am somewhere shoes are required. I think it works for me. I do enjoy dressing up once in a while. The only forms I wear are breast. And small forms at that. I feel that works for my figure. Hugs Pru
- January 13, 2021 at 2:17 pm #432036
- January 13, 2021 at 12:48 pm #431994Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 31Replies: 716Has thanked: 204 timesBeen thanked: 2150 times
I’m not “stacked” but what I have works for me. I can wear an A cup bra if I choose or no bra at all as the “girls” don’t sag. It doesn’t much matter in the winter but come summer bra less is the way to go as I pretty much live in thin strap or halter top sun dresses and I hate it when bra straps show.
I admit to a bit of a tummy but do not wear either a corset or a girdle as the damn things are uncomfortable as well as hot. There’s a reason women eliminated them from their wardrobe a loooong time ago. No,I make up for it by choosing fashions that hide that little flaw. The empire waist on tops and dresses is this girls best friend.
I don’t wear padding down below either for similar reasons plus it makes peeing difficult and at my age I have to pee fairly often. Heck,in the summer I rarely even wear panties if I’m at home.
Anyway,that’s my take on shape wear.
- January 13, 2021 at 2:21 pm #432038
- January 13, 2021 at 12:03 pm #431978Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 18Replies: 636Has thanked: 2385 timesBeen thanked: 2398 times
I guess some wear shapewear for the same reason you, and I, and others wear make up. To look how we want to look. I guess if we feel we look good, we feel good.
- January 13, 2021 at 11:31 am #431959Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 210Has thanked: 4100 timesBeen thanked: 987 times
Well…I can’t say I’ve been at this long enough to have an opinion on the summer. But in the cooler months I’m definitely going to keep my hip/butt pads and corset on. Forms and bra go without saying. Here in the American South it likely will get too hot for all that, but I’ll know for sure in a few months. It isn’t like I’ve been out a lot at this point anyways. I’m size 16-20 depending on items or manufacturers, and rather plump in the middle. I feel like if I don’t have added hip padding I’ll not look the way I want to. I want to look like what I want to look at, if you catch my meaning.
- January 13, 2021 at 11:01 am #431950Caly JamesLadyRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
- January 13, 2021 at 10:40 am #431943Requal Joanne JonesLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 107 times
Requal is a size 12 to 14 so no shape wear is required for this girl. The Australian summer (and winter) heat would not accommodate the heavy fabric shape wear either. I would probably end up a size 8.
- January 13, 2021 at 10:27 am #431935Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 790Has thanked: 3844 timesBeen thanked: 4168 times
Urggggg. “Stick insects”. I like that one, I’m more used to Green Bean or Stick People, lol. No padding here, except breasts of course. I would need a lot of padding myself, sort of like a feminized sumo wrestling outfit – way too much trouble.
I think we all have a different Perfect Figure, which is natural, beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all. I am learning that you can accentuate what you have and make the most of it with the right clothing. Let’s just shake what momma gave us 😁. I just want to be as much “me” as I can.
- January 13, 2021 at 10:07 am #431931Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 382Replies: 1602Has thanked: 7087 timesBeen thanked: 6087 times
Yep. No shapewear here, hot uncomfortable pia to deal with in my opinion. Well, other than breast forms. Not sure I’d consider those exactly “shape wear” per se…
I’ve written about this stuff before, body shapes, body image issues, etc. Look around, there are many women with broader shoulders, narrower hips, etc. Its more likely than you may think.
Having that “perfect” shape is nice I suppose, but clothes that flatter you, good comportment, and even just carrying the vibe well all go a long long way.
- January 13, 2021 at 9:35 am #431926stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 117Replies: 1329Has thanked: 1952 timesBeen thanked: 5739 times
Absolutely agree Grace. I hate being trussed up like a (dare I say it?) a Turkey.
Especially in summer when I wear as little as I can get away with. For example a strappy loose fitting dress, bra and forms, knickers (temporarily) and shoes. And wig.
I have no hips, but my bum isn’t so bad, and wearing flowy dresses or A-line skirts get round this. I sometimes wear a corset when I (blush) ….. want to look and feel sexy and all dressed up proper like. I have tried hip and bum pads but they had such a marginal effect(and never stayed in place) and felt so horrible that I stopped bothering. I won’t wear tights or leggings for similar reasons.
I can’t image going out wearing a nice flowery dress on the outside and Nefertiti’s bandages underneath.
(Laura – you’ve done the Egyptian thing. Were you Nefertiti or Rubbertiti? I was on an ICL training course many, many moons ago with a woman we nicknamed Rubbertiti. Big girl she was.)
closetnaturist, Steph xx
- January 13, 2021 at 1:22 pm #432009Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3694 times
Fully uncloseted naturist Laura here (fully subscribed to BN, regular runner at London Zoo Streak for Tigers, but not WBR as it gets too much press coverage and poseurs).
The character I played in my wife’s costume party was Ahmed Abubu, a “Mr Fixit” character, who reveals himself to be a woman in reality – that reveal chapter was my all time favourite, as I could say convincingly to my wife and all her friends “I don’t want to do this any more – I’m not a man, I’m a woman!!!”, and I took off my turban and jacket to reveal an Egyptian goddess, named Achmilla.
I know that I told this story somewhere else, but it’s such a buzz to think it actually happened.
Ah didn’t make a Bubu…
- January 13, 2021 at 10:08 am #431932Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
- January 13, 2021 at 1:42 pm #432012Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3694 times
- January 13, 2021 at 9:10 am #431915Mikey JohnsonLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 114Has thanked: 139 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
Hi Gracie – good to see you’re back!
As for me, I look totally ridiculous with out my bras and forms, and a very tight waist cinching corset that covers from just under the girls to the upper hips! My shoulders are quite a bit larger than my waist / hips, so without the corset I do NOT look at all feminine. With it, not bad body wise. And with the waist pulled in from around 41 inches to 35, my hips look fairly proportional and I can wear shorts in the summer!
Luckily, I have a fairly prominent back side, so no assistance needed there. So yes, for me shapewear is a necessity!
Thanks for stirring the pot again!
- January 13, 2021 at 8:55 am #431911Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1685Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 5620 times
I have mixed feeling about shapewear, and I think about it a lot, since I go out as Bettylou quite often, now. For tops, I mostly just add bra inserts to give my girls a boost; and I reserve my forms for when I’m wearing a dress (which isn’t often).
Bottoms are something else. I have no hips or butt, and most bottoms, other than jeans just don’t look right in the mirror without at least padded panties. If I can conceal the edges, I often wear my hip/butt pads when Dressed; I look so-o-oo much better with them….but I will probably change my mind when Summer returns, and I want to wear shorts, then, anyway.
PS: Marilyn and Jane…I still remember Jane from “The Outlaw” Oh Yeah!
- January 13, 2021 at 9:12 am #431916Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
Firstly…Jane Russell….bust on toast…
lol.. thanks darling…your input is always wonderful..and anticipated!!!…and the point I was trying to make, you say you have no hips or bust….but so do so many GG’s…don’t worry honey…..love grace xx…
( Whisper….Ziggy in shapewear???)
- January 13, 2021 at 11:33 am #431961Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1685Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 5620 times
Ziggy already has the perfect bunny shape, Grace; no help needed. I, on the other hand, take after my dad, about whom was said that he had no butt at all, and when he sat, he had to set on his boys. My Gluteus maximus is a Gluteus minimus. Sigh.
- January 13, 2021 at 8:42 am #431903Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 301Has thanked: 204 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
I love shapewear ! I have a boatload of shapewear, and I enjoy wearing them.
The snug/tightness is the feeling I like the most, and it helps me keep the boys from bulging out too much.
Since I bought the dresstech hip pads, my use of shapewear has shifted to keeping the pads in place.
Is it hotter than the 7th level of hell in summer wearing shapewear ? Yes !
Last year I made a limit of 23 degrees outside as the temp where I won’t dress. Since I live in a cooler clime, I get to transform into Wendy more often, and the added insulation helps keep me warm.
- January 13, 2021 at 8:53 am #431910Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
Wendy…brilliant!!!…. you use temperature control…certainly a good idea….I did hear a rumour that Eskimos wear shapewear all year round….the only disadvantage is…the polar bears are attacking people who are not the meal they thought!!!
Opppps….grace is in the naughty corner….again xxxx
- January 13, 2021 at 8:40 am #431900Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 454Has thanked: 1914 timesBeen thanked: 1702 times
Besides breast forms I do love my padded panties to show off my bootie in skinny jeans. That might be due to my gay side
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 13, 2021 at 8:58 am #431912Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1340Has thanked: 6423 timesBeen thanked: 7566 times
- January 13, 2021 at 1:13 pm #432005LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3694 times
Ain’t that the truth, Grace
Until recently, most of my friends were gay, as they truly are among the nicest people I’ve met.
I’m almost the opposite of gay, I just happen to like people who are consistently nice.
- January 13, 2021 at 8:37 am #431899Tabitha TeeLadyRegistered On: July 30, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 273Has thanked: 1209 timesBeen thanked: 912 times
- January 13, 2021 at 8:34 am #431897Krissy RichardsRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 146Has thanked: 347 timesBeen thanked: 415 times
I think it has its good points and bad points. And yes I too find stick like women not good. Much rather be that girl with the curves just not sure sometimes ive got them in the right places but I try x
- January 14, 2021 at 6:25 am #432292
- January 13, 2021 at 8:31 am #431895Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 19Has thanked: 121 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
Thanks for sharing your opinion! Girl! We’re in the same boat! I’ve tried several types of shapers and they all have minimal success! I am who/what I am! As long as I’m inside with the thermostat turned to “freezing” I can tolerate the additional layers of clothing, but to venture outside in the summer, I wouldn’t make it to my car without melting! Kudos to you for telling it like it is! You are an encouragement to me! Lisa
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.