Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay…let’s really stir the pot…I bet every one of you has their own ideas on shapewear….

The LAST thing I would ever want to do, is upset anyone…..so this is Grace’s opinion…read that twice…my opinion!!?

Looking at the everyday GG in my town…they range from stick insects up to Humpty Dumpty….please don’t take this personally, but it’s what I see when I’m out….

I do not wear shapewear…pads hanging from everywhere, ordering oversize clothes to accommodate them and what about the heat???…it must be like wearing ” insulation”…

Not this girl, no thanks..

How many ” everyday” women have the perfect shape????…and just what is the perfect shape???…I see women with no bust or no hips…it’s just the way they were made.

It’s Summer, I’m out around town in a beautiful floral dress….but my make up is running down my face, because I have triple glazed my lower body.

Why?

I want to look like a girl and that is my life’s ambition…but not every girl looks like Marilyn Monroe/ Jane Russell ( Google them)…..rant over…opinions please!!!!!!

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Girl! We’re in the same boat! I’ve tried several types of shapers and they all have minimal success! I am who/what I am! As long as I’m inside with the thermostat turned to “freezing” I can tolerate the additional layers of clothing, but to venture outside in the summer, I wouldn’t make it to my car without melting! Kudos to you for telling it like it is! You are an encouragement to me! Lisa

Anonymous

I think it has its good points and bad points. And yes I too find stick like women not good. Much rather be that girl with the curves just not sure sometimes ive got them in the right places but I try x

When I read your response I couldn’t help but think about the Meghan Tainor song…love it or hate it.

Not to be contrary, dear, but I do like to push things a bit figure-wise. I know what I find attractive in a woman and I do like to see some of that in myself. As for heat, wigs! Peace out.

Anonymous

Tabitha….

.the post was put out to get opinions…thank you…and I agree, wigs can be hot too…but are they more important than hips??…mine are!!!

Besides breast forms I do love my padded panties to show off my bootie in skinny jeans. That might be due to my gay side

Anonymous

Deb’s….no lines drawn or crossed here…love you show your bootie….grace is not gay but I have gay friends who are the most caring, loving, wonderful people…the ” human race” could learn a lesson from them…big huggs, xx

Ain’t that the truth, Grace

Until recently, most of my friends were gay, as they truly are among the nicest people I’ve met.

I’m almost the opposite of gay, I just happen to like people who are consistently nice.

Love Laura

I love shapewear !  I have a boatload of shapewear, and I enjoy wearing them.

The snug/tightness is the feeling I like the most, and it helps me keep the boys from bulging out too much.

Since I bought the dresstech hip pads, my use of shapewear has shifted to keeping the pads in place.

Is it hotter than the 7th level of hell in summer wearing shapewear ?  Yes !

Last year I made a limit of 23 degrees outside as the temp where I won’t dress.  Since I live in a cooler clime, I get to transform into Wendy more often, and the added insulation helps keep me warm.

Anonymous

Wendy…brilliant!!!…. you use temperature control…certainly a good idea….I did hear a rumour that Eskimos wear shapewear all year round….the only disadvantage is…the polar bears are attacking people who are not the meal they thought!!!

Opppps….grace is in the naughty corner….again xxxx

Anonymous

I have mixed feeling about shapewear, and I think about it a lot, since I go out as Bettylou quite often, now. For tops, I mostly just add bra inserts to give my girls a boost; and I reserve my forms for when I’m wearing a dress (which isn’t often).
      Bottoms are something else. I have no hips or butt, and most bottoms, other than jeans just don’t look right in the mirror without at least padded panties. If I can conceal the edges, I often wear my hip/butt pads when Dressed; I look so-o-oo much better with them….but I will probably change my mind when Summer returns, and I want to wear shorts, then, anyway.

PS: Marilyn and Jane…I still remember Jane from “The Outlaw” Oh Yeah!

Anonymous

Firstly…Jane Russell….bust on toast…

lol.. thanks darling…your input is always wonderful..and anticipated!!!…and the point I was trying to make, you say you have no hips or bust….but so do so many GG’s…don’t worry honey…..love grace xx…

( Whisper….Ziggy in shapewear???)

Anonymous

Ziggy already has the perfect bunny shape, Grace; no help needed. I, on the other hand, take after my dad, about whom was said that he had no butt at all, and when he sat, he had to set on his boys. My Gluteus maximus is a Gluteus minimus. Sigh.
          Hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

omg…now that has made me laugh…thank you!!!    xxx

Anonymous

You’re welcome, Grace; glad to be of service.

Big hugs,
            Bettylou

Hi Gracie – good to see you’re back!

As for me, I look totally ridiculous with out my bras and forms, and a very tight waist cinching corset that covers from just under the girls to the upper hips!  My shoulders are quite a bit larger than my waist / hips, so without the corset I do NOT look at all feminine.  With it, not bad body wise.  And with the waist pulled in from around 41 inches to 35, my hips look fairly proportional and I can wear shorts in the summer!

Luckily, I have a fairly prominent back side, so no assistance needed there.  So yes, for me shapewear is a necessity!

Thanks for stirring the pot again!

Hugs, Mikey

Anonymous

Mikey…( Love you too!!)

I might have phrased this wrong…I LOVE my forms…it’s the below the belt hip pads I have issues with….golly girl….we all need a bust!!!!

Kisses, grace ❤️

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Urggggg.  “Stick insects”.  I like that one, I’m more used to Green Bean or Stick People, lol.  No padding here, except breasts of course.  I would need a lot of padding myself, sort of like a feminized sumo wrestling outfit – way too much trouble.

I think we all have a different Perfect Figure, which is natural, beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all.  I am learning that you can accentuate what you have and make the most of it with the right clothing.  Let’s just shake what momma gave us 😁.   I just want to be as much “me” as I can.

Stevie

Anonymous

Stevie honey….you do come out with these wonderful statements that conjure up such images!!!!….

…. a feminized sumo wrestler –will stay with me for quite a while…thanks xxx

Requal is a size 12 to 14 so no shape wear is required for this girl.    The Australian summer (and winter) heat would not accommodate the heavy fabric shape wear either.  I would probably end up a size 8.

Only shape I want are voluptuous breasts!!!  Beyond that. All natural!!

💋💋💋

Well…I can’t say I’ve been at this long enough to have an opinion on the summer. But in the cooler months I’m definitely going to keep my hip/butt pads and corset on. Forms and bra go without saying. Here in the American South it likely will get too hot for all that, but I’ll know for sure in a few months. It isn’t like I’ve been out a lot at this point anyways. I’m size 16-20 depending on items or manufacturers, and rather plump in the middle. I feel like if I don’t have added hip padding I’ll not look the way I want to. I want to look like what I want to look at, if you catch my meaning.

Bridgette vS

Anonymous

Bridgette…I don’t care how long you have been at it….oooooerrr…your opinion is all that counts, so I get your meaning…huggs

Hi Grace

I guess some wear shapewear for the same reason you, and I, and others wear make up. To look how we want to look. I guess if we feel we look good, we feel good.

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

That’s a very good point ❤️B……x

I love this answer, Bianca!

😃

Prudence
      Ambassador

I tend to go more for a casual look. Especially in the summer. Shorts and a t-shirt. And barefoot so I can see my toe nail polish shining in the sun. Unless of course I am somewhere shoes are required.  I think it works for me. I do enjoy dressing up once in a  while.  The only forms I wear are breast. And small forms at that. I feel that works for my figure.   Hugs Pru

Anonymous

Pru…summer skimpy and barefoot showing nail polish….have you been spying on me???…..haha xx

Hi Grace

I think that some shapewear is drop dead gorgeous, and feels incredible on.

If you get the size right, it’s slimming and helps the curves.

If you get the brand/material right, it’s not too hot – but I wouldn’t wear it on a really hot day.

I might wear it under a dress or skirt whose zipper gives me issues on the last couple of inches, and also a loose dress, as it gives an illusion of a beautiful shape underneath, from tantalising angles.

The Berdita brand especially is awesome, but expensive.

I have some nice, smooth Marks and Spencer ones which produce a bit of a Jayne Mansfield look under jumpers.

I don’t wear it often, just those times when I feel like I want that sort of shape!

Love Laura

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve never tried corsets before until I just bought these for.  I actually have one of the new underbusts on now that I really think looks amazing and I love the shape it gives me, it makes quite a difference with probably a 4″ reduction I would guess, but I can’t really cinch it down all the way by myself so I’m sure I could get another 1″ or a bit more in reduction with it tightened all the way.  It’s red and black and has some mesh panels so it’s actually really comfortable and not too hot, but it’s so pretty I’m debating if I should just wear it on the outside of a blouse when I do wear it out of the house.  I’m not great with selfies, but will have to post some pictures of it shortly.

The one I’m wearing currently is this one:

https://corset-story.com/products/waist-taming-mesh-underbust-with-red-satin-panels-and-decorative-lace

I’m kind of on both sides of the fence here.  I generally don’t go for shape wear most of the time, but when wearing a tighter fitting top and skirt I do like the way a more hourglass shape looks.  Definitely not in the warmer months, but I figured I’d give some corsets a try and came across Corset Story (corset-story.com) and they have some beautiful stuff.  They also do some great deals and back in November I ordered 4 (2 underbust and 2 overbust corsets) and they were delayed due to COVID until last Friday.  I must say I’m really impressed with them, very high quality, they look great and I actually find them comfortable to wear.  Before my purchase I did contact an associate and they helped my measurements and made some recommendations and I couldn’t be happier.  I probably spent 3 hours trying them on with some other new outfits and can’t wait to wear them out.  Not to mention they were also running a 4 for 1 deal which was great!  I highly recommend them if anyone else is looking for some very nice and affordable corsets!

4 for 1?

Hold on.

Be right back…

Love Laura

Ohh, Grace

Corsetry was invented by us for us. You’re right, though… on a hot day it’s a no no (why do you think some many women fainted).
      However, an open bottomed, garter rich, full corset with the right form size is so ‘kin sexy to wear and to present in! Even the two-piece full garter belt and matching bra is super to wear and tucks in all the right places.
      My makeup doesn’t melt but it sometimes creates it’s own drama stopping my hand from scratching my nose etc.
      Sacrifices are there to be made and martyrs too, for that matter xx Polly

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: Spelling

The only shapewear I wear, are m breastforms. I did get a pair if hip/bum shaping panties, but I just dont like wearing them? my figure may not be the most beautiful, to some, but it is mine and I love it.
      But to each, their own,
      Hugs, Regi.

Anonymous

Good for you Regi…that’s all I wear too….I can imagine some these garments hung out on the line on washday…..may cause the odd smile…hehe

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Grace, I too have observed that GG’s come in all different shapes and sizes.  At my church there is one lady with 3 girls, ages 6 to 14, who as you described looks like a stick person.  Then the lady across the isle is almost as wide as she is tall.  For myself I am happy just to wear my breast forms and loose clothing just below the waist ( I don’t like tucking either).  The only thing I wish is to loose my belly, it seems any weight I loose these days is in the face and legs.

Sandy

Anonymous

So true Sandy, the tummy always seems to get the message….last!!!

Anonymous

My 2 cents….I wear shapwear to accentuate a feminine figure in order to (maybe) take others eyes away from my less feminine attributes. To help me pass I try to use a slight of hand (eye) effect.

Hugs, MaryAnn.

Anonymous

Mary Ann!!!

I have so missed your input…am I wrong or was” woman in a bag “my favourite post???…..I’m sure that was you!!!

Honey, I don’t despise shapewear…I don’t use it but I just wanted opinions….thanks for your reply…..if you want a chat about anything…

….and I do like your profile pic.

Grace xx

I don’t like the usual tan/beige colored shapewear that is found in most stores now-a-days nor the stiff/heavy material of the classic retro styles. I use my dresses and skirts to create a feminine shape. I love wrap dresses and slimming pencil skirts. Padded/push-up bras are the only “shapewear” that I wear under my clothes. I do have a Maidenform Flexees seamless waist cincher; I only wear it when I want to really accent my curves.

I also have 2 bustiers; a white nylon and lace strapless and a magenta pink and black lace with straps. However, these are only for the bedroom.

Leslie
      Lady

What a wonderful topic to return to after being away for a few days. I have to say that the TCM channel had “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” on the other day and I recorded it any have now watched it 4 or 5 times. So the Miss J and M or very familiar to me right now. So to get to the topic of the thread I have to say that I do wear shape wear, I do have a fairly nice backside but no hips, so the shape wear helps.hide the tummy I do have. And produces a moderately nice figure.

And do agree that the stick insect GG are not attractive (at least to me) , even if my muchly beloved daughter falls into that group. But somehow she does have hips, but I suspect that I may have a bigger natural bust that she does. But then the lovely Audrey Hepburn was only an A cup girl.

Well I guess I have rambled along on this to confuse everyone, so I will stop now!

No shapewear Grace-we can not be girlfriends LOL. The Sear’s catalogue, with the lovely images of women wearing beautiful shapewear, was the start of my CD journey. The embrace of firm shapewear, the satin panels and lace, and the sexy reflection in the mirror, heaven!
      As a closet CD, I have no experience wearing my shapewear outside in the heat of summer. IMHO, a small sacrifice to look and feel my best!
      This was fun, stay safe ladies!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I’m going to reply to this once again.  The MOST ATTRACTIVE thing for all GG,s  ( and anyone else fore that matter) is there attitude!!

The hottest looking GG with a sour attitude soon looks almost ugly.  The most plain looking GG with a great attitude and a good smile starts to look very attractive after a few minutes.  There lies the problem you have to give people a few minutes so you are able to see the beauty within.

So actually if the shape wear helps you to feel prettier and you attitude expresses that go for it.  Beyond showing as feminine breasts as I can that’s all the shape wear that I need.

SAndy

Anonymous

I agree. Unless your hip and butt pads are an all-in-one situation the sweat factor makes them a questionable purchase in my view. And then there’s juggling act in the public loo. Although they are lovely my silicone breast forms get a little too slippy slidey as well.
      In a looser skirt or dress a crynolin does it for me. They don’t fray, so buy a few and trim them. You can also layer more than one. It lessens the need for a tuck under a dress or skirt.
      A sturdy thong holds the junk in place.

Anonymous

“the junk”…… 😂😂😂😂😂

Anonymous

the junk? ie: stuff you really don’t want the public to see….

I have tried different padded panties, girdles and butt lifters from time to time.  I have come to the conclusion that, for me at least, they don’t help that much.  I instead rely on long line bras, OBG’s, and waist cinchers to get the body look I prefer.  Rago lingerie has been a great discovery for me since Playtex and other older lines have pretty much canceled their lines of long line undies, and OBG’s that are actually sexy with some garter straps on them, even control panties with garters.

I really have never had a date or male friend mention that I have no butt or something similar, so I don’t spend my money buying the extra padding.  Besides, in a Texas summer, a girl would probably melt.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Gosh Paula….

Playtex….have they been going….forever!!!

and I do agree about the heat…..even here, too many layers could get uncomfortable in summer….

Huggs, ” rosebud”….haha 💋❤️

Hi Grace,

I like your take on shape wear. I admire all the gg’s that have lived through all the things that advertisers have told them what the “perfect” woman should look like over the years. Remember Twiggy?? I am very glad that advertising has taken a turn towards being more inclusive and showing real people that aren’t so “perfect”. Most women my age dress for comfort and can still look quite stylish regardless of their body type. As others have mentioned, I think it is a matter of confidence. The only things that I have are my breast forms in various sizes for different looks. So far as hip pads and such, the summer here is usually about 95 degrees and 99% humidity so I worked on a natural solution. I had really concentrated on my butt and legs at the gym before the pandemic. My butt isn’t as tight as a year ago but still looks good in my size 10 skinny jeans. I will be so glad to get back to the gym when it’s safe again and get my butt tight enough to bounce a quarter off of it! Regardless of others, I think we all have to find our own look and use whatever means that makes us happy… Stephanie

Jasmine
      Lady

Wearing shape wear was one of the first things that I started with when I started crossdressing I remember it was my mother’s extremely tight girdle and I loved wearing it also an old fashioned corset under bust style it was just something about those that I really fell in love with and I’ve been wearing them every since I now have three corsets two girdles and two bodysuits and I enjoy every opportunity I get to wear especially when I wear some of my more tighter fitting dresses my corset or girdle will definitely come out

Anonymous

Haha….naughty shapeless hussy!!..

but I still love you..and Laura kept it quiet didn’t she???…pyramids….in Brighton!!!…camels on the beach!!!

my gosh, you are never to old to learn……Egyptian??

Tuttangrace xx

Hi Steph

Fully uncloseted naturist Laura here (fully subscribed to BN, regular runner at London Zoo Streak for Tigers, but not WBR as it gets too much press coverage and poseurs).

The character I played in my wife’s costume party was Ahmed Abubu, a “Mr Fixit” character, who reveals himself to be a woman in reality – that reveal chapter was my all time favourite, as I could say convincingly to my wife and all her friends “I don’t want to do this any more – I’m not a man, I’m a woman!!!”, and I took off my turban and jacket to reveal an Egyptian goddess, named Achmilla.

I know that I told this story somewhere else, but it’s such a buzz to think it actually happened.

Ah didn’t make a Bubu…

Love Laura

Haha!!

I didn’t exactly keep it quiet, Grace – didn’t you notice that I have a new profile picture?

Love Laura

Anonymous

Thanks Celeste…very open and honest…xx

Anonymous

Well actually…., I did notice your pic….but I thought I would just let you ” Carry on Cleo”……sorry!!

You’re milking it now.

Apologies for being a pain in the asp…

😘

Love Laura

Anonymous

All those milk baths, must be hell  on the supermarket run Laura, 60 bottles a day!!!!!!

Anonymous

Yep. Unless your making your own brand of “Dove”

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?